• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bekescsaba-Elore_zpseb6bae19.png

SRL88's Career - Season Review - 2018/19 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

Results 1 - Results 2

Final League Position: 1st - CHAMPIONS

A truly superb season. Last season could have been looked at as a bit of a fluke, but this season we absolutely romped the league. We lost just once all season and that was in August. Our form throughout the season was brilliant and once we hit top spot in November we never lost it. We ended up winning the title with three games to spare and finished a massive 12pts ahead of our closest rivals.

UEFA Champions League

Competition Performance: Knocked out in Group Stage

Our first ever season amongst Europe's elite and it was fantastic. We managed to battle our way all the way to the group stage where we gave a good account of ourselves, taking a point of Man City and Inter Milan.

Magyar Kupa

Competition Performance: Knocked out in Quarter-Final

After three years of winning this competition our winning streak is finally over in the competition. It was nice for us to win that many in a row and I wasn't to fussed to see us exit the competition.

Magyar Ligakupa

Competition Performance: Winners

Really pleased that we managed to lift this trophy. It doesn't bring anything financially or European wise, but it was nice for the players to continue their winning tradition. We only got out the group as one of the best runners-up but went on to reach the Final where we beat Gyor 2-1.

Szuperkupa

Competition Performance: Winners

A very nice way to start the season with a solid 2-0 win over Gyor.

Squad

The squad continues to develop together. I am really pleased with the group of players we currently have.

Finances - Transfers

Those finances....ding dong!!

A few players left this season, but the vast majority were on loan.

Youth at the Club

Adam Viczian (YP1) - He had his best season since we were in the NBII. He spent a couple of month towards the end of the season injured which was a shame, but he had a brilliant season.

Peter Lamar (YP2) - I think he is going to be here for such a long time. Brilliant player.

Zsolt Nanasi (YP3) - I gave him a new contract but he has been away on loan again. I can't see me keeping him at the club.

Andras Dlusztus (YP4) - He got better as the season went on. Had a decent campaign.

Bela Gyomber (YP5) - As the years go on he becomes a more important part of my side.

Roland Bagi (YP11) - His contract is due to expire, and it won't be getting renewed.

Miklos Petnehazi (YP12) - Will probably be our back-up goalkeeper for the next few years.

Roland Fulup (YP13) - A vital part to our team. Such a good player.

Sandor Vincze (YP14) - Finally starting to see the best of him. I never had any doubt about his ability, but his fitness had let him down.

Karoly Disztl (YP15) - A gem of a player. Probably the best 'footballer' we have at the club.

Istvan Balog (YP17) - A cracking player. A massive part of our side.

Roland Buza (YP18) - His stats have dropped whilst out on loan. I need him back at the club to develop him my way.

Tamas Molnar (YP19) - Been out on loan all season to another OTP Bank Liga side. I am looking forward to having him back at the club though.

Andras Bubori (YP21) - He spent the second half of the campaign out on loan and chipped in with a few goals.

Mihaly Dani (YP22) - Went out on loan in January. Will be back in the first team next season.

Viktor Gal (YP23) - Slowly developing into a good ball-winner.

David Maj (YP24) - He has a bright future ahead and is already a decent player, but at the minute there isn't space for him in the side.

Norbert Baranyai (YP26) - He had a decent season and is developing very nicely.

Gabor Saliga (YP27) - Had a brilliant season and is developing very nicely.

Tamas Babati (YP28) - Got a fair few games out on loan which he needed.

Norbert Disztl (YP29) - A solid young goalkeeper who just needs to be playing football in order to develop.

Gabor Varga (YP30) - Featured a couple of times but we are a little top heavy in the right back position.

Gabor Orban (YP31) - Already looking a decent player. He is developing pretty nicely.

Gabor Simon (YP32) - Needs time out on loan.

Karoly Fejes (YP33) - Played a few games this season and grabbed a goal on his debut. Could turn into a big player.

Attila Halgas (YP34) - Spent the season in the youth side. Needs time out on loan.

Jakab Jakab (YP35) - Another youngster who needs time out on loan.

Zoltan Ambrus (YP36) - I can't see him having much of a future at the club.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season   | League        | League Position| Magyar Kupa  | Magyar Ligakupa| Champions League| Europa League | Other             |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2012/13  | NBII          | 2nd            | Third Round  | N/A            | N/A             | N/A           | -                 |
| 2013/14  | NBII          | 1st - Promoted | Third Round  | N/A            | N/A             | N/A           | -                 |
| 2014/15  | OTP Bank Liga | 8th            | Quarter-Final| Group Stage    | N/A             | N/A           | -                 |
| 2015/16  | OTP Bank Liga | 6th            | Winners      | Group Stage    | N/A             | N/A           | -                 |
| 2016/17  | OTP Bank Liga | 8th            | Winners      | Winners        | N/A             | Play-Off Round| Szuperkupa R-U    |
| 2017/18  | OTP Bank Liga | 1st - Champions| Winners      | Group Stage    | N/A             | Group Stage   | Szuperkupa R-U    |
| 2018/19  | OTP Bank Liga | 1st - Champions| Quarter-Final| Winners        | Group Stage     | N/A           | Szuperkupa Winners|

Next Season

If we can continue down the right path we will do well. For money purposes, making the Champions League Group Stage would be huge.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox_zpsf9ce66f6.png

Helpful.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-2_zps6c45eecb.png

Although I won't be using a penny, that transfer budget just shows how the Champions League money has helped.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-3_zps6bafbad8.png

They have been paid for, and will be commencing. Can't wait for them to be complete.

Does Disztl's eccentricity not worry you? :D 27 goals in 21 games is quite a bit to be letting in, Lamar looks a far better keeper to me. There's something about Gal that makes me think he can develop in to a good player.

You do realise that the goalkeeper Disztl is in the U19's and all his performances are from non-competitive fixtures where as Lamar's are from all of our competitive ones? :rolleyes:.

200px-MLSZ_zps64cf4f72.png

SRL88's Career - June 2019 - Hungary U19's

Friendlies

HungaryUnder19s_FixturesSchedule_zpscf8bc4ef.png

Well I am finally off the mark as Hungary manager. We played really well against Latvia but struggled in front of goal. The goal did come though when Andras Bubori (YP21) headed in in the 89th minute to give me my first win in charge. We followed it up with a very good win away to Belarus. We took an early lead through Istvan Balog (YP17), but conceded just before half time. An own-goal just after the hour gave us a 2-1 lead and then we added a third with fifteen minutes remaining.

SRL88's Career - Season Preview - 2019/20 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

Board Expectations:

OTP Bank Liga: Achieve a Respectable League Position

UEFA Champions League: Reach the Third Qualifying Phase

Magyar Kupa: Reach the Semi-Final

Magyar Ligakupa: Not Important

Szuperkupa: Learn from the Experience

My Expectations:

OTP Bank Liga: Qualify for Europe, its essential

UEFA Champions League: The aim is the Group Stage. The money would be massive

Magyar Kupa: The main focus is elsewhere, but the latter stages is the aim

Magyar Ligakupa: I'm not bothered about this

Szuperkupa: Always like to start the season with a trophy

Budgets:

Balance: £4,239,597

Well done on doing the treble! It looks like a fair few of your players are now coming along very nicely indeed, especially Lamar who looks a class above for the Hungarian league.

Well done on doing the treble! It looks like a fair few of your players are now coming along very nicely indeed, especially Lamar who looks a class above for the Hungarian league.

Yeah the youth is incredible at the moment, and hopefully with the improvements in facilities they will only get better.

SRL88's Career - Pre-Season - 2019/20 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

Friendlies

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zpsaaa3c98d.png

A very solid pre-season. I decided that rather than set up fixtures against big clubs for money purposes, I would set them up against local lower league sides in order to build confidence going into the season. It worked well as we remained unbeaten through pre-season.

Szuperkupa

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps3c429a2a.png

A disappointing defeat and not the best of performances either. It wasn't our day at all, and the 1-0 defeat was probably as comfortable as Videoton could have hoped for.

Transfers - Out

A fair few deals occurred over the summer with a lot of players leaving on loan. We also made a couple of sales with YP3 and YP4 both leaving on permanent deals.

SRL88's Career - July 2019 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zpsfd618c9b.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zps24cdc7ea.png

A solid start to the campaign as we got off to a flyer, taking the lead inside the opening minute. It didn't take much longer to add a second through Bela Gyomber, and a third followed just after the interval. They pulled one back in the second half but were never a real threat to our lead.

UEFA Champions League Second Qualifying Round & Third Qualifying Round 1st Leg

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-4_zpsd063736f.png

A very comfortable passage against Sligo Rovers with the first leg being key. An excellent performance saw us three goals up by the 26th minute. A fourth was smashed home just after the hour before Sligo pulled one back. In the second leg we flew into a two goal lead and despite throwing that lead away in the second half the result was never in doubt.

We drew FC Basel in the next round and they showed why they are the better side in their performance, but we managed to hold them to a draw. We took the lead in the game and went in at the break a goal up. FC Basel leveled things in the second half and absolutely dominated the game from there. Our defence stood firm and Peter Lamar (YP2) made some brilliant saves to give us a fighting chance ahead of the second leg.

Good luck against Basel :thup: You're doing brilliantly :cool: Great to see the board upgrading the facilities.

It is going to be such a tough away tie, and to be honest I am really not looking forward to it :(.

The power of Hungary :D

Indeed :cool:.

Bit late, but well done on the back-to-back titles! Making it look very easy :p

Good to see you calling up some of your youngsters for the U19s. One of the perks of the job :cool:

Haha, cheers fella :).

SRL88's Career - August 2019 - Hungary U19's

Friendly

HungaryUnder19s_FixturesSchedule_zps86218b09.png

A very good performance and result. We did all the hard work in the first half. We took an early lead but scored twice within eight minutes. We had our chances in the second half but it didn't matter as we scored a comfortable victory.

SRL88's Career - August 2019 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zpsc1fa169b.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zpsb5e18d72.png

A mixed month, mainly due to the final result of the month. We started with a solid point away to Videoton, a side we look like we are now able to match performance wise. We followed it up with a win against Soproni. A goal inside ten minutes gave us the lead we weren't showing our clinical side which could have cost us. A goal in the final ten minutes though made things look a little more comfortable. Another win followed, this time by a single goal. A disappointing result rounded off the month, but how we lost I don't know. We conceded inside three minutes but just battered them for the entire game. We hit the woodwork numerous times, had shots clear off the line, saved etc as we just couldn't break them down.

UEFA Champions League Third Qualifying Round & Play-Off Round

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zpseb26769f.png

Once again we managed to pull off some fantastic results to manage the impossible of reaching the group stages for the second year in a row. We rode our luck against Basel but managed to score the only goal of the game with a little over ten minutes remaining. We managed to hang to book our place in the next round. We drew Austria Wein where we put in a much better performance than the two legs against FC Basel. The performance didn't mean for anything though as we fell to a 3-1 defeat in the first leg. We got the exact result we needed in the second leg as two thunderbolts gave us a 2-0 win and an aggregate victory.

Hopefully you can further improve Hungary's league ranking.

I'm not quizzed up on how things work for the U19's, but I am guessing we will have a qualifying round for the U19 Championships soon.

Congrats on getting through to the group stages again :thup:

As for the u19's you should have a qualifying round in October.

Cheers fella :).

Massive achievement, hope this year the draw will be more pleasing.
Hopefully you will get a easy group compare to last season :D
Good luck in Champions League group draw :thup:

Yeah, don't get your hopes up, trust me :(.

SRL88's Career - September 2019 - Hungary U19's

Friendlies

HungaryUnder19s_FixturesSchedule_zps1d0e9c8d.png

I have mixed feelings I must say. We played well against Albania, although it was a pretty even game. Having taken the lead though in the 79th minute we really should have seen the game out, but as soon as we scored our players took it upon themselves to invite pressure on and that was costly as we conceded in the 88th minute. We followed it up though with a good display against the Faroe Islands. An excellent first half display saw us go in at the break three goals up, and a goal late on meant we ran out comfortable 4-0 winners.

SRL88's Career - September 2019 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zpsa4058961.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zpsd6c33bed.png

A really solid month as we try our best to keep up with Videoton's blistering start to the season. A brilliant performance away to Ferencvaros kicked the month off with Sandor Vincze (YP14) giving us the lead and just ten minutes later our lead was doubled. In the second half Ferencvaros had their chances but we were up to the test and held them off whilst trying to hit them on the counter and the game finished 2-0. An equally good performance away to Pecs followed with Adam Viczian (YP1) scoring his first league goal of the season. Sandor Vincze (YP14) scored his second in as many games early in the second half to give us a two goal advantage. Another away trip brought about another win, this time against ZTE. Goals either side of half-time were enough for the win, although ZTE pulled one back in stoppage time. We should have made it four from four in the month as we dominated Haladas but just couldn't break them down.

UEFA Champions League Group Stage

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps44408114.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zps5390fc4b.png

No real surprise in terms of the result but we gave it our best effort. We went in at the break two goals down but gave ourselves a glimmer of hope with a goal on the hour mark. We had some good chances but Liverpool hit us on the counter twice to seal their win.

Magyar Ligakupa Group Stage

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zpsc60a8957.png

MagyarLigakupa_OverviewStages_zpsfa42849a.png

A slow start to the group I admit. We played well against Debrecen but fell behind against the run of play just after the break. We did find an equaliser through Bela Gyomber (YP5) but couldn't find a second to grab the win. We just didn't put in the same performance against Ferencvaros as our league performance which was a shame and we fell to a 2-1 defeat.

Your Champions League draws are among the worst I've seen for consecutive seasons...

Doing great otherwise!

They aren't good. Hopefully we get a bit of luck in the future, and hopefully our coefficients improve.

Archived