Békéscsaba 1912 Előre SE - A Youth Project Challenge

SRL88

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fantastic last month, I'd like to borrow these results for my Hertha :D

Haha. It is a very rare thing to win every game in the month by the same scoreline.

Congrats on winning the title :cool:

Cheers dude.

Fantastic month, just enough for another title. Only 13 conceded :eek: Congrats, now another Champions League campaign, looking forward to it!

Yeah our defence was very strong. Wish our strike force would buck their ideas up at times though.

But you are the champions! :D

If only things were that easy.

Let's hope you have a better Champions League Draw...

Fingers crossed fella.

Wow! I take a week off and you keep on going at a record pace! Amazing how fast you're able to get through seasons. And doing great as well :thup:

Yeah the seasons are very quick. Only 30 games makes it much easier but the break between December & February helps as well.

well done for going into the hall of fame

Cheers dude :thup:.

What tactics do you play?

A rigid 4-5-1. I don't change to much away from that, depending on how the game is going. If we need to be more threatening in the final third I will go 4-2-3-1 but if we're dominating whilst still playing 4-5-1 I will leave it as it is, even if we are searching for a goal.

Wow, great (and consistent, completely :D) final push to grab the title after all.

Cheers dude :D.

Great turn around there, as I got to the table after 26 games I really thought you wasn't going to do it so was a shock to see you had :D

I thought it was over too. Luckily Videoton had a tough run-in which included Diosgyor, ZTE and Gyor, dropping points in each game.

Bekescsaba-Elore_zpseb6bae19.png

SRL88's Career - Season Review - 2020/21 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

Results 1 - Results 2

Final League Position: 1st - CHAMPIONS

I continue to surprise even myself now. Despite not playing brilliantly we just plug away and pick results. Despite starting slowly and picking up one point from our first three games we went unbeaten from then all the way till the end of the campaign and the run of results we put together in the run-in led us all the way to another title.

UEFA Champions League

Competition Performance: Knocked out in Group Stage

Another fantastic effort as we reached the group stage. We didn't pick up as many points as last season, but we had another tough group. We did pick up another three points against Zenit however.

Magyar Kupa

Competition Performance: Knocked out in Quarter-Final

The third year in a row we have been knocked out at this stage. It has been a while since we've won it and I would quite like to again.

Magyar Ligakupa

Competition Performance: Knocked out in Semi-Final

I was pleasantly surprised with our performance here to be honest. We were brilliant in the group stage as we topped our group. We battled through the Quarter-Final but the Semi-Final was just a step to far.

Szuperkupa

Competition Performance: Winners

A nice way to start the season. We had to come from a goal down but two penalties, one in the second half and one in extra-time gave us a 2-1 win.

Squad

There will be a few changes with a few youngsters being promoted. A few players have stated their desire to leave and one of the players who was already at the squad at the start of the save has retired.

Finances - Transfers

The finances are really healthy, and that is after the money has been paid for the facilities.

Mainly loan deals this season with a couple of permanent departures.

Youth Players at the Club

Adam Viczian (YP1) - Still our number one striker, but his stats have taken a drop.

Peter Lamar (YP2) - Still our best goalkeeper and I rate him a lot higher than what our coaches obviously do.

Bela Gyomber (YP5) - Sadly his performances dipped this season. I will be looking for improvements next season.

Roland Fulup (YP13) - Couldn't have asked for a better centre half to come through the youth ranks to be fair.

Sandor Vincze (YP14) - Turning into the main man now.

Karoly Disztl (YP15) - Still our best player, by a mile.

Istvan Balog (YP17) - Another cracking season.

Roland Buza (YP18) - I like him, I really do but I can't turn one right back position into three so sadly he is likely to leave.

Tamas Molnar (YP19) - A really good option for us to have.

Andras Bubori (YP21) - Still scores when he plays. A really good option for us.

Mihaly Dani (YP22) - Our definite second choice right back now.

Viktor Gal (YP23) - Twisted for most of the summer last year to go out on loan. I let him, and I will decide what to do depending on the attitude he comes back with.

David Maj (YP24) - He looks a decent player. I will probably give him a go in the first team next season.

Nortbert Baranyai (YP26) - A superb player. He is such a difference maker.

Gabor Saliga (YP27) - Slowly bled him in to a central defence role and his performances are starting to force the old guard out.

Tamas Babati (YP28) - He has spent a few seasons away from the club but now it is time he came back and into the first team.

Nortbert Disztl (YP29) - A solid back-up goalkeeper.

Gabor Varga (YP30) - His contract is due to expire and will be leaving.

Gabor Orban (YP31) - Improving into a very good player.

Gabor Simon (YP32) - Most likely will be leaving on loan again.

Karoly Fejes (YP33) - Another close to being brought into the first team.

Attila Halgas (YP34) - Still has a lot of improving to do.

Jakab Jakab (YP35) - Another season out on loan and he could be ready for the first team.

Roland Nagy (YP37) - One of five goalkeepers on our books. Seriously have issues with what to do with them.

Roland Szeverenyi (YP38) - Will be leaving.

Karoly Juhasz (YP39) - Had a good season out on loan at Eger.

Norbert Suli (YP40) - Can't wait to bring him into the first team.

Gabor Ugrai (YP43) - Not seeing as many improvements as I like. Will give it a couple more seasons.

Norbert Baranyai (YP44) - Making some nice strides.

Adrian Csiszar (YP45) - Hopefully someone shows some interest as a loan deal will do him a lot of favours.

Adam Kovacs (YP47) - Had a decent season out on loan.

Gabor Toth (YP48) - He looks like he could be an excellent goalkeeper. Its just a shame that we have so much depth there.

Istvan Laczko (YP49) - Another brilliant young 'keeper. Don't know what to do with him.

Norbert Kovacs (YP50) - Could quite easily play him regularly now. Got a couple of glimpses of first team action.

Pal Sipka (YP51) - Got a couple of games for the first team. Will likely leave on loan.

Barnabas Sipka (YP53) - Nice improvements made. Will probably loan him out next season.

Zsolt Tandari (YP54) - Has some good stats already. Definitely a one round for the long haul with the club.

Bela Hudak (YP55) - Will try and loan him out.

Peter Nemeth (YP56) - He is out on loan for another season yet but after that he will be back and in the first team. He is going to be needed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season   | League        | League Position| Magyar Kupa  | Magyar Ligakupa| Champions League| Europa League | Other             |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2012/13  | NBII          | 2nd            | Third Round  | N/A            | N/A             | N/A           | -                 |
| 2013/14  | NBII          | 1st - Promoted | Third Round  | N/A            | N/A             | N/A           | -                 |
| 2014/15  | OTP Bank Liga | 8th            | Quarter-Final| Group Stage    | N/A             | N/A           | -                 |
| 2015/16  | OTP Bank Liga | 6th            | Winners      | Group Stage    | N/A             | N/A           | -                 |
| 2016/17  | OTP Bank Liga | 8th            | Winners      | Winners        | N/A             | Play-Off Round| Szuperkupa R-U    |
| 2017/18  | OTP Bank Liga | 1st - Champions| Winners      | Group Stage    | N/A             | Group Stage   | Szuperkupa R-U    |
| 2018/19  | OTP Bank Liga | 1st - Champions| Quarter-Final| Winners        | Group Stage     | N/A           | Szuperkupa Winners|
| 2019/20  | OTP Bank Liga | 1st - Champions| Quarter-Final| Group Stage    | Group Stage     | 1st KO Round  | Szuperkupa R-U    |
| 2020/21  | OTP Bank Liga | 1st - Champions| Quarter-Final| Semi-Final     | Group Stage     | N/A           | Szuperkupa Winners|

Next Season

All we can do is keep going. Hopefully moving up the European ranking as a club and a nation which will help us in future seasons in Europe. I would like to pick up the Magyar Kupa again too.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox_zps31717b9a.png

Very helpful indeed.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-2_zps87e668b0.png

A nice improvement for us once again.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-3_zpsf35b5469.png

Massive, massive, massive news for the whole nation. With two Champions League spots this opens up all kinds of options to everyone. Chuffed with this!!

SRL88's Career - Season Preview - 2021/22 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

Board Expectations:

OTP Bank Liga: Challenge for the Title

UEFA Champions League: Reach the Third Qualifying Phase

Magyar Kupa: Reach the Quarter-Final

Magyar Ligakupa: Not Important

Szuperkupa: Not Important

My Expectations:

OTP Bank Liga: With the improvements in the coefficients then top two is the aim

UEFA Champions League: Group Stage please

Magyar Kupa: I would like to try winning this again

Magyar Ligakupa: Not Bothered

Szuperkupa: I like to start the campaign with a trophy, but it isn't important

Budgets:

Balance: £9,022,611

Wow, so the winner gets €8M and goes directly to the CL Group Stage. Massive news, congrats on that achievement mate.

You have some nice players in your team, fingers crossed for a easier CL group this season. :thup:

Good luck for this season :thup: Nice to see Hungary gain extra CL place :cool:

The extra Champions League place is massive news for the whole league.

Wow, so the winner gets €8M and goes directly to the CL Group Stage. Massive news, congrats on that achievement mate.

You have some nice players in your team, fingers crossed for a easier CL group this season. :thup:

erm... no?

Two places in qualifications, that's it.

Yeah we aren't in the Group Stage yet, but we get around £8m if we get there. At the minute we still enter in the Second Qualifying Round but from next season we will have a club in the Third Qualifying Round to start off with.

Funny, I always thought two CL places gets the champions directly to Group Stage. Obviously I'm wrong and I don't really know why as I see know there are three spots for nations which lead their champions' to the Third Round and another club to Best Placed Third Round. I probably went from 16th to 12th place directly whilst managing in Croatia (from 1 club in CL to 1 in Group Stage + 1 in Best Placed) thus skipping that three places Hungary is currently in. Long story short, I should read more carefully. :D

SRL88's Career - Pre-Season - 2021/22 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

Friendlies

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps905d46e1.png

Just the three games. I really should stop letting my assistant set fixtures up against big clubs. We took a couple of beatings here.

Szuperkupa

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps4a98d679.png

It might have been good for the neutrals, but I am furious. We were on fire in the first half and early in the second and Adam Viczian's (YP1) goal just into the second half gave us a two goal lead but in the final 25 minutes we completely threw it away. Fuming!!!

Transfers - Out

A pretty decent summer to be honest. Once again a lot of players left on loan which is of benefit to them. A couple of players were released but we also managed to sell a few players too. Really pleased.

Excellent as always,good to see improvements to Hungary's seedings.Should get quite interesting and hopefully competitive in the future.

At least it won't result in an all out slog for the title now :D.

I meant your youth intakes

They are getting a lot better. The quantity of good youth players coming through is brilliant. It just makes it annoying for my end of season reviews :D.

SRL88's Career - July 2021 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps7edcfb50.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zps9f8efcbe.png

A decent start to the season, although looking at the fixtures we should have been aiming for maximum points. Despite controlling the play against Kecskemet we just couldn't defend against them when they did venture forward. We had to come from behind twice in order to grab a point thanks to the excellence of Nortbert Baranyai (YP26), but it really should have been more. We did get our first win of the season and it was deserved when we beat Mezokovesd by a single goal thanks to an excellent effort from Adam Viczian (YP1).

UEFA Champions League Second Qualifying Round and Third Qualifying Round 1st Leg

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zpse644ee45.png

Well we breezed past HB with the first leg in the Faroe Islands giving us our highest every victory. We were on song throughout and made it very easy for ourselves ahead of the second leg. The home leg was just about us doing a professional job and we did exactly that. I made a lot of changes ahead of the game and a first half goal was enough for a 1-0 win on the night. We set a tie up against Valarenga and we gave ourselves an excellent chance of advancing with a goal deep in first half stoppage time giving us a lead. It didn't take us long into the second half to double our advantage and a solid display after that allowed us to see out a 2-0 win.

I think HB were expecting to go to Hungary and win 9-0 :p Anyway, read a lot of this (well skimmed really, lol). Things are going well. Hopefully you can get far in the Champions League sometime soon :p

We need a decent draw in the Champions League first of all. If and when we get one of those, I might start getting my hopes up :p.

haha, nice draws always help. But you never know, a couple of upsets and you could find yourself in the knockout stages.

We aren't far off moving up a pop to be honest. Our coefficients are in the 30's now and we are the third highest seed in the group stage draw (yes, that could be a spoiler).

Well done on the title SRL88. Hope the CL is kind to you.

On a side note do you organize friendlys during the winter break? i have been but i'm not sure it is giving me any benefits.

I don't organise them, but my assistant does. I just let him take charge of the friendlies during the winter break.

SRL88's Career - August 2021 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zps52586c25.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages-2_zps3e84d991.png

A solid month to keep our fantastic run of form from last season going. We started with a hard fought game away to Puskas and although we left it late we managed to nick all three points. A solid performance followed at home to Papas. It was a really comfortable game for us and we were rarely troubled. We scored twice within three minutes to give us a comfortable two goal lead. Just a couple of minutes into the second half we made it 3-0 and although I would have liked to keep a clean sheet it wasn't to be as we conceded with a few minutes remaining although it made little impact. We played really well against Gyor but couldn't break down their stubborn defence, but the month did round off with a cracking performance away to MTK with Sandor Vincze (YP14) taking the plaudits with a brace.

UEFA Champions League Third Qualifying Round 2nd Leg & Play-Off Round

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-4_zps0bc94097.png

Once again we make it into the Group Stage. We played really well away to Valarenga and thanks to a 2-0 first leg win did a professional job in seeing the tie out. Sparta Prague gave us a tough double header but we came away from the Czech Republic with a very solid draw to give us an advantage ahead of the second leg. The second leg was very tense and the first half didn't see much incident, but just after the break we managed to take the lead on the night. We seemed to sit back after that and I was nervy as a goal would have taken the game to extra-time. They kept pressing, but with just six minutes remaining we hit them on the counter to score our second goal and seal the game.

Did well to get through to the group stage there, Sparta Prague is a tricky tie, hopefully you'll get a kinder draw this year.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :thdn:.

Archived