Football Manager: What the game says vs what the game means

Hey all i was just thinking about how the game can be quite difficult for new players and thought that it might be an idea to come up with a reference guide of sorts for new players.

Here is a few to get us started:

1. When your team has a goal disallowed for offside. The game is saying - Bad luck but your player was just offside. What it meant was - That goal was perfectly onside and you should be winning but<snip> YOU!

2. Player value. The game is saying - This player costs this much (e.g. £1mil). The it meant was - For the AI to buy that player its gonna cost £1.5mil, but for you it's gonna cost at least £15mil

3. During a match your assistant manager says that your in control of the game. The game is saying - That your in control of the match and the other team has almost no chance of winning. What it meant was - In a minute your gonna concede a goal which the AI should never have scored and then your gonna lose as the AI keeper will suddenly become unbeatable.

4. Your player has a Long Shot rating of 15+. The game is saying - Your player has a good chance of scoring from long range. What it means - Your player couldn't hit Wembley with the <snip> moon.

and finally

5. An opposition player has Long Shots of 8 or less. The game is saying - The player is not very good from long range and it's really a threat. What it means - The player has a sniper rifle for a leg and will score from <snip> anywhere regardless of how good your keeper is.

Feel free to add you own examples from your own experiences

I just got this:

on ME view.

Jones tackles from the front and wins the ball - Free kick against jones.

Commentry at bottom, Jones pushes player from behind.

also had, Fellainis passing has been poor today.

he won man of the match for his passing.

Give up moaners

I would like to know where abouts in my original post that i moaned about anything?

All i have written are examples of things that happen in the game and at no point have i commented on any of them other than to point them out for newer players

alot of those things arent really far from the truth, i dont know how many times ive seen players with 7 for long shots score wondergoals into me with there first attempt when my world class players have been trying to score all game with countless chance.

quite funny if you ask me and the only people who would take offense is fanboys who think there actually a real football manager making real life decisions.

alot of those things arent really far from the truth, i dont know how many times ive seen players with 7 for long shots score wondergoals into me with there first attempt when my world class players have been trying to score all game with countless chance.

I don't have a problem with the OP, I'm sure it was pretty tongue in cheek.

I have a problem with the fact you can't help but spout guff.

To refer to your long shot example, your logic makes no sense. By your logic, lower league players couldn't score wonder goals, is that how it happens IRL? I even scored a top corner rifle in my league the other week, but I'm sure the game would give me long shots rating of 1. Equally, do good players score with ever shot they take? no, don't be silly.

quite funny if you ask me and the only people who would take offense is fanboys who think there actually a real football manager making real life decisions.

Really? Its maybe your tactics/knowledge of the game (both the game of football and of the game) that's making you concede and not score many. All I read from the majority of your posts is..."Wahhh....I've got good players, I should win, I don't like effort, I can't accept loss, the game is fixed, its not my fault.....Wahhh". Just man up and look at where you've gone wrong in letting the opposition score.

Also, I see many players in real life who score from distance when they really shouldn't. Off the top of my head this season, Umtiti for Lyon against Spurs, Matt Fish for Gillingham v Accrington, Walcott vs Sweden at Euro 2012 etc etc.

Archived