Is it possible to mirror the new 2013 Australian NPL system in FM13?

timmytiger69

Football_Federation_Australia_logosvg_zps770d4496.pngNational_Premier_Leagues_logo_zpsd2fe2174.png

Hi all,

I'm about to undertake my first ever editor challenge in FM13. As the title suggests, I'd like to create the Australian football pyramid. As some would know, the Australian pyramid, is at best, a good mind f*ck. I have Google'd and wikipedia'd most of the info, and *think* I have a fair understanding of how the National and State leagues work.

There are 8 Tiers of Football in the Australian League System, and unlike most most other Football League Systems, does not currently feature a full Promotion and Relegation through-out the full tier. This is not due untill 2022, when the A-League will feature Relegation and Promotion zones from the newly created National Premier League (currently Tier 2) The clubs in both these leagues are Professional.

Please Note: This Edit WILL NOT mirror the proposed A-League revamp. It will merely look to incorporate the lower leagues of Australian football within the Australian Pyramid in FM13.

Now, here is my issue. Each National Premier League, (currently containing 5 State Premier Leagues), each have their own regular, and finals season, to determine minor state champions. After state Champions have been declared, each state finals team, enters a National Play-Off Tournament. As one would suggest, a national Champion is declared after the conclusion of the Tournament and awarded the National Premier League Trophy.

So, my question(s):

1. How can I create the National Play Off Tournament? Would it be a separate parent competition to those of the State Premier Leagues?

2. This NPL league is also kicked off in March. How can I replicate this? When i try to edit the Competition start date, it refuses to change any date and time settings.

3. This competition is the highest National Football competition in Australia (obviously excluding the A-League). To properly imitate the Promotion and Relegation to the State leagues, should the state premier leagues be the sole Parent Competition? And Would these leagues be set to the "Domestic Top Division", since there is no further promotion zones?

4. What do the numbers in the "Competition Level" option represent? Is it the number of tiers in the current Pyramid? For example, I see the the A-League has been set to 1, so does this represent the top flight of Australian Football? When the NPL Leagues are included should i set these leagues as "2"? Or do these numbers from 1-20 represent something else?

Everything else is pretty well self explanatory, there was just a few sections that needed clearing up. Many thanks in advance.

Depending how far I get with this, I may release it to the general public. I have big plans for this edit, including proper club info, stadiums etc and all state cups. It's just a matter of figuring out how the damn editor works :o

Cheers folks,

Timmeh!!

Hurried response...

For the Competition play-offs - I am guessing

1. Create a new competition - The NPL

2. Create the participating competitions - it the QNPL etc etc

3. In the League Rules add an extra division, and add the NPL as a regional competition. Then add the QNPL etc as subdivisions.

4. In the League Rules of the parent competition go to play-offs, select a play-off for the champions and select enough teams so 1 team from each subdivision is in the play-offs. So if there are 8 sub-divisions then say there are 8 teams in the play-offs.

I think this will work.

I wouldn't set this as Top Division as the A-League is the top. Just have no relegation/promotion to the A-League.

As for the lower state leagues, I would personally have a National State Division 1, National State Division 2 etc as regional leagues, then add the relevant state leagues to each level. And then - if the editor was working properly, which it wasn't as of the last update but had beforehand, define which league the promotions and relegations go to - so Brisbane Premier League has promotion and relegation to Brisbane Division 1 etc.

You numbering of the tiers looks ok.

Archived