How do I teach a very aggressive center back to have more discipline?

I have a very good center back who has a very high aggressiveness. He performs well, the problem is that he tends to get a yellow card in the first half every single game. I don't see any way to train him to continue to play hard but watch out for the fouls.

Advice?

Thanks

The suggested PPMs don't seem to offer an option. I'm not sure in this tactic having the anchor man of the defense tackling "easy" will work. I'd just like an option such as you'd have in real life where I could tell him to watch out for the fouls or you'll be on the bench.

Aggressive players are a real pain in FM13. Personally I think they get booked too often compared to less aggressive players. Irl I'd say bookings are spread over more players during a season but in FM13 the more aggressive players seem to get to big a portion.

All you really can is fining players that get a straight red card. Never fine for double bookings - no matter how many double bookings a player may get. That just make your player mental.

Edit: At half time you can sometimes ask your player to calm down or something similar.

I fine for double booking (if seems to happen alot) and if they dont like it I tell them they deserved it.... if they carry on i just sell them..... no messin in my team.....try coaching his composure aswell... more for on the ball but it should help a little when getting tackled he shouldnt lose ball an have to make foul to win it back.

The amount of cards he gets will be affected by hidden Dirtiness and Sportsmanship attributes. My theory is that you could have a 20 aggression player with 1 dirtiness and 20 sportsmanship he would get cards/fouls a lot less than someone with 1 aggression but 20 dirtiness and 1 sportsmanship.

Unrelated question: why are a few attributes hidden? In real life if you scouted a player and did your homework, and particularly if they were on your team, you'd know things like their Dirtiness and Sportsmanship.

Vidal is laughable. Red carded every 2-3 matches. No way to lower his aggressivity (well I did 18-->16), but it didn't really changed his beahavior on the pitch. Totally pointless.

That's because it isn't his Aggression attribute that makes him that volatile. Aggression is nice.

Bad temper and poor sportsmanship, however, is not nice.

I actually read an article saying agresion ISNT how badly someone will tackle, but it is actually how often they will want the ball. Check messis aggressiveness, he DOESNT dive into tackles.

I think the easiest way to explain is that an agressive player will actively try to get involved with play, it is a stat that links well with bravery and workrate.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/arturo-vidal/leistungsdaten-detail/spieler_37666.html

Vidal is laughable. Red carded every 2-3 matches. No way to lower his aggressivity (well I did 18-->16), but it didn't really changed his beahavior on the pitch. Totally pointless.
That's because it isn't his Aggression attribute that makes him that volatile. Aggression is nice.

Bad temper and poor sportsmanship, however, is not nice.

11 yellow cards for 2500 minutes on the pitch are really nothing for "King Arthur"; Just consider the quantity (and quality) of contrasts, defensive runs, tackles, etc ... that he produces in every match.

And you always see, clearly and unequivocally that he always tries to be fair and clean in his actions, sometimes it's booked just cause undermines the referee. ....

So, I really need to modify Vidal in the db ...

Vidal is averaging about a booking per game for me and been sent off for double yellows thrice, despite my every attempt to curb this behaviour. He has about three time as many as the next player, and more than the rest of my squad combined. It's ludicrous.

In real life, he picked up 14 from 38 starts, and a few of those weren't for tackles. Yes, he is a hard and enthusiastic tackler who throws himself about, but he is not the animal FM would suggest he is. I don't know what his hidden attributes are, but the Juve researcher needs to long and hard at them.

Archived