Selling player. How to get most money from sale? Methods?

Hi, ive finished a season so am in May. With the window coming in July 1st. I was wandering how can i get the most from player sales.

Look forward to reading any responses. If anyone might know of a trick or so please if you be so kind to post here what that is.

Thanks for taking the time to read my thread, bb.

I guess there's a lot of different methods - and some may backfire.

1) You could try to offer out your player for 2-3 times his value (if you believe he's at least worth that). This might attract some attention. If there's a lot of clubs that bids then you probably have set the asking price to low. Then try to negotiate it higher. Clubs may stop bidding but then wait a few weeks and offer him out again but for more than what you initially wanted.

If no bids then your player just isn't that interesting for other clubs and you may have trouble loading him off for even his value.

2) Just set a an asking price you find is acceptable and wait and see what happens. If clubs are interested they may bid the higher asking price but on the other hand if they were interested then why hadn't they already shown interest before you upped the asking price.

3) List him and set an acceptable asking price. Be aware though that listing him may incline clubs to only bid his value.

These three ways of selling a player could backfire, though, as the player may get upset.

Offer to clubs at a higher value than his asking price and see what you get back.

For example I just took over Real Madrid in season 3, I offered Higuain out at £40 million and got several takers when his set value was only £22 million.

On the flip side I couldn't give Adebayor away for nothing despite him being valued at £11 million. Two years later PSG bought him for £4 million, when clubs could have got him for free.

It's all about the market and the demand. In my Saints game I rejected an enquiry for Clyne from Utd (he was worth about £8 million at the time), my coach said to put his value up to deter bids. I put it to £30 million and the next day Utd bid for him at £30 million.

At the start of season two for Spurs, Saints turned down £23 million for Gaston Ramirez, as season later they sold him to me for £11 million.

For high end players PSG always seem ready to spend. I sold Higuain, Sahin and Benzema to them for about £100 million.

I'd go the offer route at high price and work from there.

If PSG/Man City/Chelsea are interested I normally add a few million. Depends who wants your player, if it is Norwich or something then be sensible with valuations or they will lose interest and you will be left with the player. Think of the target audience before listed basically.

If a player is wanted but I want to make sure the bid is good, then I find playing him helps. And seems to get better performances from the player most of time, though obviously if his profile says he feels pressured by interest he could just choke lol

AI teams seem to take form into account more than in previous versions in my opinion

Archived