Brazilian League Transfers

Looking for some help/advice or even encouragement that this works....

Basically (and im sure everyone else experiences this) if im playing in Spain, Italy, England etc I will see teams purchase most of the better players from Brazil... generally within the first season, maybe 2. ie Neymar, Dede, Fred etc you know the usual suspects.

Now when playing in Brazil I find the opposite... for example playing as Vasco, no one fancied Dede even though he was doing well domestically and for Brazil and it was only when I offered him out did Chelsea meet a valuation of 26m. All the other stars in Brazil are not wanted, not even sniffed at. Infact outside of Dede only 8 other players left Brazil for over 1m in a transfer fee... Wallace iirc is already setup to Chelsea and the only other deal over 5m was Moreno going from Gremio to Fiorentina for 7m.

OK it keeps the domestic league interesting as the better players remain, but what it also does is a) stop teams getting one of the major sources of income, ie big transfer fees, b) loses a bit of realism as players dont progress such as Neymar who could make the game interesting by having a decent career in Europe and maybe coming home at the end of it and c) the next generation is not exactly hindered but is potentially stunted as Santos per se' have a Neymar so dont blood the next one (if that makes sense).

So what im asking is:

1 - Anyone who has had a career game in Brazil, do you see a decent level of realistic AI transfer activity in and out....

2 - Is there anything I can do to prompt more activity? Do I need to have leagues loaded or not?

Hopefully im just missing something in this save and I can restart and get something going - if not, then at least I know how the game is likely to play out in regards to developing teams.

I'm in 2065 and managing in Brazil I haven't been here since the beginning but there seems to be quite a few transfers of £10 million or more from Brazilian sides to European sides. Since the start of the game there's been 4 transfers of £40 million or more involving a Brazilian side selling to a European team. A few weeks a go I sold a player for nearly £20 million to Porto but he was Chilean. I randomly picked a side Internacional in the last 6 seasons they've sold 7 players to European sides for over £10 million. If you have anything you want me to look at then let me know.

@ AcidBurn: I take it you have one or more competitions in Europe activated? In bennceltic's game (from what I understand) no European leagues are active. Generally I find that in my games leagues which aren't selected are more passive in their transfer activity, so the situation bennceltic describes I think could be solved by activating one or more European leagues. I could be wrong though :)

Thanks Acidburn/Guarnere.

Looking at the details you have listed Acid' that gives me alot of hope that things like this will develop and the fact that you have leagues running alongside it, also could prompt more activity for me.

My current save has the whole of South America in view only (bar Brazil), so maybe adding 4/5 of the European top flights could help generate some interest in players.

I might holiday forward my Vasco game a bit, just to see if anything else happens...

I'd recommend adding England, Spain, Germany and France. Although not many seem to go directly to England I wonder if Portugal could be an option, I found a lot of players go to Eastern Europe for a few million here and there.

Not much difference so far after my 1st season... but then theres not been many transfer windows for Europe to pillage the better players, so ill see what happens 2nd season. Im playing in Serie C but again the big transfer were Dede to Man United for 26m and Moreno leaving Gremio for 7m.

Archived