Player Weight

Just wondering how you go about getting a player to lose weight? And if I do get him to lose weight, will it then help him increase his pace/fitness attribute?

The player in question is 31 and 6ft 3'... but is now just shy of 16 stone, which by the NHS charts makes him overweight. His pace is 9, stamina 4 and fitness 5. Technically he is good enough for the level im at, but he is obviously eating and drinking himself towards oblivion :D

He might have started at this weight im not sure, but I only noticed it now im in the off-season and can see he is almost 3 stone heavier than the closest player to him.

AFAIK player weight does not fluctuate, once a player has a weight set that's their size throughout their career, needs to change IMO.

I'm quite sure younger players can gain weight just as they can gain height. Would be pretty weird if a 14 year old newgen couldn't gain weight as he gains in height and strength. But I've never heard about FM players loosing weight, though. Maybe a new individual training session option for FM14 could be loose some weight or loose your contract :)

I had a "me-gen" (database-created player) that started at 185 lbs (age 15), was at 194 by the end of his first season, and now at 18 is playing at 201. I'd be concerned about his weight but he's the best player on the team and worth 4x the next highest player value.

Archived