FM2008 - Official AFC Toast Thread - 8.0.2!

Originally posted by McNuggetâ„¢:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lfc7:

mcnugget sorry but ive decided to leave playing afc toast as u made me want to make my own team up ive done AFC Liverpool ive put the stadium, 4 players,finance e.t.c more or less the same as yours but i have put david moores as chairman i found these great kits here is a pic of the information screen thanks for giving me the idea

URL=http://img78.imageshack.us/my.php?image=06142008032754rc9.png]06142008032754rc9.th.png [/url]

Judging by your screenshot you have just downloaded my DB and changed the colours, kits, stadium, chairman and 4 players, bit of a rip off tbh icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i wanted to create afc liverpool but i liked they way u set afc toast out with transfer budget, stadium e.t.c so i thort id use the same if its that big a deal i will change it. and in case i didnt mention its for my own enjoyment am not gonna start making a thread about it

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by lfc7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McNuggetâ„¢:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lfc7:

mcnugget sorry but ive decided to leave playing afc toast as u made me want to make my own team up ive done AFC Liverpool ive put the stadium, 4 players,finance e.t.c more or less the same as yours but i have put david moores as chairman i found these great kits here is a pic of the information screen thanks for giving me the idea

URL=http://img78.imageshack.us/my.php?image=06142008032754rc9.png]06142008032754rc9.th.png [/url]

Judging by your screenshot you have just downloaded my DB and changed the colours, kits, stadium, chairman and 4 players, bit of a rip off tbh icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i wanted to create afc liverpool but i liked they way u set afc toast out with transfer budget, stadium e.t.c so i thort id use the same if its that big a deal i will change it. and in case i didnt mention its for my own enjoyment am not gonna start making a thread about it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just making sure you dont take credit for the effort I put in.

just seen the nickname for the team is the Buttered Boys

thought that was quite funny

so far 5 league games in and have 15 points and 20 league goals.. all is good but the update is slowly but near (am 28th august so far)

Soley is a great free kick taker for some reason icon_biggrin.gif

End of Window Update / 1st September 2007

Squad

06152008190610zs8.th.jpg

Transfers In / Out

06152008190938vt4.th.jpg

Will give screenshots of players if people want them icon_smile.gif

Fixtures So Far..

BSN - Nuneaton (a) - Win 3-0 (Soley, Murphy & Green)

BSN - AFC Telford (a) - Win 2-0 (Soley & Smith)

BSN - Workington (h) - Win 5-0 (Soley, Svensson, Ebanks-Blake & Murphy 2)

BSN - Hinckley (h) - Win 4-1 (Soley, Dyer, Murphy & Ebanks-Blake)

BSN - Blyth (a) - Win 6-1 (Soley, Svensson, Nalis, Ebanks-Blake & Murphy 2)

Season started well with tons of goals, also agreed the signings of Mazzola & Todor Kolev who looks great and will tear the blue square premier apart when we are promoted

Hi there,

In all the years I've been playing CM / FM , I've never started a game in the conference before. Saw this thread last night so decided to give it a blast.

I'm just about to start my 1st game of the season after a decent pre-season ( Beat Millwall 5-1 ).

These are my signings so far...

playersin.jpg

And these are the staff I've brought in so far.

staff.jpg

Missed out on Alex Fernandez and lost my only pre-season game to Wolves have been the only negatives so far.

I'll update you all a bit further in.

Excellent idea BTW McNuggetâ„¢

Is anyone else getting attendances such as 550 a game at home? I am getting it around there all the time. I'm sure it'll move up when the reputation gets higher and the league we are in is better.

I'm not doing too bad. Signed murphy for 325k from Sunderland and has scored 9 in 5 for me and been out for 2 monts with injury which was guttering, Scored on his game back though. Ebanks-blake is killing this league as he would done in the BSP with my Oxford save. Scored 18 in 15.

Spending 40k on wages a week, Too high? Im top with 7 pts clear of AFC Telford. Southport my next game. Got a good young side, Average is 22.

Might do another little update at the end of the season with everything rounded up a little better.

First 15 Game Update

Played 15

Won 15

Drawn 0

Lost 0

Scored 62 ffs icon_biggrin.gif

Conceded 8

Average Attendence 487 icon_frown.gif

Murphy Hat Trick Count - 6

In 4th Qual round of the FA Cup and will play Marine also agreed to sign Rafael Forster for £425k next season \o/

Originally posted by Linfield Fc:

barnetboyz what tactic do you use

4-4-2 (found it in teh arsenal thread) by a poster called Thehulkincredible iirc or someone like that

only doing well because of the team tbf, the team i have is good enough to play in league 1 icon_biggrin.gif

Just A Quick Mid-Way Point Update.....

Half way through first season now , still undefeated in the league and still going strong in the FA trophy. Lost in F.A cup to Notts Forest away in 2nd round.

Heres the table after 21 matches....

table_HW.jpg

And Player Stats so far....

player_stats-1.jpg

Sefo Soley and Daniel Jones both got injured . Soley out for 5 mounths and Daniel Jones 4 Mounths. icon_mad.gif

I'll Keep you updated

Hows everyone else doing ?

Still doing this. I am top with played 20, Drawn 2 and lost 1 which makes it i won 17. 12 Points clear at the top. Looking like i can go up easy.

Does anyone else here do a rotation? I am doing it most of the time and whoever i am playing i always seem to win. Got a young squad so makes all the reason to rotate too.

A few unhappy which is my back up keeper i am givin him some games and this left back he is getting some more games seen as i promised him.

Overall i think i will stick with the same team when i am in BSP.. Look's to good in this league.

End Of Season Update

Well I finally finished the first season. First time ever on FM iv'e been unbeaten in a season...

table-1.jpg

Also won the F.A trophy at Wembley....

fa_trophy_final.jpg

Player Stats For The Season...

End_season_stats.jpg

Fresi Was A Rock At The Back...

fresi.jpg

Only dissapointing thing was the average attendance for the season , even in the FA trophy semi fenal 2nd leg at our ground there was only 600 fans. Hopefully when people jump on the AFC Toast bandwagon things will improve.

Going to start Pre-Season in a bit. Only signings will be a Left Back , Right Back , and a central defender. And any youngsters who stand out.

I'll keep you all updated

Season Summary 2007/08

Won the league without trace.

leaguefinished1st.png

I also won the Manager of the Season award quite easily I must say.

1seasonmanager.png

Adam Smith notched up Player of the Season and was top goalscorer for my team. Buonanotte was also up there taking 3rd place in the award.

1seasonplayer.png

Overall season summary.

1seasonsummar.png

On to win the Blue Square Premier. Wont be many signings. Will try to find a regen of some sort if possible.

have put a bid in for him icon_smile.gif

looking to get rid of the old players i signed at the start of the season (were only sigend to fill the squad up) and replace with quality players

bids in for Josh Wright (offering contract atm), Bishop, Leary, Gillet & Yakubu or Barnet and a few forgein playes \o/

Hi again,

Just about to play my first league match of the second season.

Only brought in four new players and Marc Edworthy departed.

s2tarnsfers.jpg

I did apply for the England job but they gave it too some bloke called Jose Moriniho icon_wink.gif

I'll let you now how the season pans out.

BTW nice season Mcnugget

Archived