FM2008 - Official AFC Toast Thread - 8.0.2!

badge.png

homekit.pngawaykit.pngthirdkit.png

AFC Toast - Founded 2005

AFC Toast have been placed into the Blue Square North league as a result of Solihull Moors disbanding.

The club was recently founded by Sir Tom Hunter back in 2005. Since then he has planning to make the club a force in worldwide football.

Hunter, who made his fortune in sporting goods, has now decided pump funds into the club and build a 23,500 stadium with under soil heating called Toaster Park in the clubs home city Liverpool.

The club has been wiped of first team players and staff leaving only the youth players. 4 players in paticular have been given a 5 year deal with the club.

Scott Ferdinand

Michael Rose Adam Smith

Ross Green

The club is affectively known as The Buttered Boys. Here is full information on the club.

info.png

High expections are set for whoever is chosen to manage this team with such a bright future.

The media are already speculating that the team finish 1st in the league securing promotion to the Blue Square Premier for the 08/09 season.

Challenge

Can you build a team good enough to win back to back promotions until you reach the Premiership?

With this given task you will be supplied with a 15 million transfer kitty to produce a professional winning team and recruit a backroom staff.

All 4 players, Ferdinand, Rose, Smith, Green, all have a random potential ability of 170-200. Will you be able to keep them happy and get the best football possible in the process?

Download The Database

Click Me

You will need an archiver capable of extracting rar files. I recommend this one: http://www.rarlabs.com

Once downloaded open the file with WinRAR (above link) and you will see 2 folders. AFC Toast and graphics.

Go to Start -> My Documents -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2008 ->

Drag the 'AFC Toast' folder into the 'db' folder.

Double click the graphics folder (inside downloaded rar). You will see a folder called AFC Toast.

Drag the folder into the graphics folder (inside My Documents SI folder).

If you are looking for some fun aswell as challenge then this is the game for you!

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's a brilliant idea. icon14.gif

downloading it as a type this. the best game i've had on 08 was an oxford save so hopefully this 1 is as good.

couple of quick questions can i select what leagues and database size or is this already decided?

what players would you recommend?

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

Hopefully can pick up some decent scandanavian players on the cheap icon_wink.gif

Let us know if you do. Btw might be worth looking at Aaron Brown from Reading. Read somewhere on the forums that you can get him for £0 plus 50% of next sale. If you wanna buy him then just offer £45k icon14.gif

Originally posted by Flair:

Just looking at that screenshoot, I think you might need to look at the stadium link up, because AFC Toast dont have one at the moment. Unless you named your stadium Unknown. Which is unlikely icon_wink.gif

it does actually show up as Toaster park in the game

Example

Originally posted by Flair:

Just looking at that screenshoot, I think you might need to look at the stadium link up, because AFC Toast dont have one at the moment. Unless you named your stadium Unknown. Which is unlikely icon_wink.gif

Screenshots were taken before the final build. The DB at the link provided has been updated with the stadium 'Toaster Park' as Barnetboyz stated above icon_biggrin.gif

Ive gotten some very good staff but they cost around 650k in all compensation. More than I expected to spend overall. Seems that Milhelic is actually interested! So far i've signed:

Dwayne Mattis - £0 + 50% next sale.

Daniel Jones - Loan

Marc Edworthy - £0 + 50% next sale.

Keith Andrews - 240k.

Well... like i said the inevitable happened and my games went tits-up (something wrong with players joing the club, Vagner Love went to Aston Villa for £30k a week rather than my £45k a week and my clubs rep is higher).

Just downloading the Db now then gonna get started.

icon14.gif

GK: Get someone on loan (Edwards was good for me, also Forecast)

DR: Loans are the best option if you want another try Zakuani or Chris Riley on loan.

DL: Paul Tierney comes highly recommended, also Ludovic Mary from some obscue French team as well as Cristian Fernandez. Also Cristea if you can get him.

DC: Sabic is fab. Andrei Cordos and Mehdi Makhloufi would also be good signings. Loans also great eg. Leigh Mills

MR: Salomonsson is a must buy, good enough for the Championship imo. Get him and you're sorted.

ML: Johnatan Estrada can come in Jan after his loan finishes and comes highly recommended. Ditto Robin Nylen and Erik Grendel.

MC: Soley is fantastic, scores heaps from the corner bug as well. Devineau is another French youngster. Magnus Svensson is old but still pretty good. Boubacar Balde has also been great and can also play right wing or upfront. Loans are very useful, Maghoma and Josh Wright are great ones.

FC: Loans are fantastic here for first season. Harsanyi, Coulson, Ebanks-Blake and Charlie Sheringham all rip up the BSP. Permanently David Faderne and Bas Savage are good as well. When you get into League 2 Ganea is god! Sburlea also good.

Get a parent club as well: good luck! Smile Thumbs Up

thats the list that ypresfr has gathered together in my Oxford thread not sure how helpful it will be but might be guys!

Archived