FM2008 - Official AFC Toast Thread - 8.0.2!

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by McNuggetâ„¢:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

Gonzalo perfect ST partner for that young american (who looks fairly fb)

Cant find him, who does he play for? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

signed him on a free

tried a cheeky bid for that amazing Thil bloke (thought i might get a chance as his club's rep is regional aswell but been blown out of the water for him icon_frown.gif)

seems i'll have to stick wit ha front 2 from either Gonzalo, Ebanks (loan), Vokes (£300k) & Green icon_cool.gif

spending quite a bit of players but its all good in the end

Downloading now, looking forward to this icon_smile.gif

ALEX FERNANDEZ - i hate that boy with a passion - me and my friend started a game in league 1, both got promoted, he bought Alex Fernandez who is useless against everyteam apart from mine, at the end of the season he scored 15 goals in the championship, 8 of which came against me :@

Personal arguments aside, i'll be checking out the hungarian leagues, i can remember finding a lot of talent there on FM 07

Yeah, i've approached to sign Fernandez.

I've loaded a lot of players from scandinavian and mid-europe countries.

HUGE RECCOMENDATION - Kevin Larsen, i'll post a screenie soon. Remember having this kid on 07, just found him again and he is red hot.

I'm looking at Jozsef Kanta aswell, pretty amazing and well rounded midfielder. Thing is that this is my first time managing bellow League 1, so most of my players will be out of reach, i just hope larsen comes.

also strugglign for defenders icon_frown.gif

only managed to sign Mendigain (36 year old spanish SW,DC) / Edworthy (34 year old DRC,WBR) / Soley (27 year old DC,DC) & Moises (29 year old spanish DLC,WBL)

am screwed as no one else is avalible (although going for Dawson the Hull left back aswell)

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dexta200:

mate try Magnus Svensson from Vinburg

hes 38 but will be solid for a season at least!

nice suggestion there icon14.gif

Anyway good luck with this challenge though.

will make a nice addition to me MCs (consisting of 1 atm icon_biggrin.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You left me again mate. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by purefun:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dexta200:

will make a nice addition to me MCs (consisting of 1 atm icon_biggrin.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You left me again mate. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats better.

Originally posted by purefun:

You left me again mate. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i know icon_frown.gif this just seems to be quite a fun looking game icon_biggrin.gif

Looking for defenders then have a look at Marc Edworthy. Cost me nothing up front and 50% next sale. Will probably release him next season though. I also bought Esmir Sabic for 55k but you could also use Soley as a DC. My formation uses 2 DC's, 1 SW so I have Marc Edworthy as sweeper and Sabic and Rose in front of him.

Just read this and i find it intresting. If i go for most of these players on here which i did with Oxford i think i will have no problem gaining promotion.

I'll start it now and update you on a few signings when done.

Having a look on the Gambian national team as Soley plays for them and the ST Ibou looks decent for 18k aswell as the 18 year old MC Tijan Jaiteh. Anyone still in the window should see what they're like. I myself am at mid-october so before January I will post a summary of the season so far.

am near the end of september ive just signed this dc in sept and i have rose and sabic but my assistant says he is better than them and would be a leading star for the championship

06132008155311iv0.th.png

also my transfers so far

06132008155528tt5.th.png

Son of a bitch icon_mad.gif Played Crewe in FA Cup 1st Round and they injured 3 players and scored a goal for each chance they had. 3 players being Keith Andrews, Seyfo Soley and Ross Green (American kid). Andrews wont be out but Soley is out for 3 months and Green for 2 months. Absolute dirtbags icon_frown.gif Gonna shop for a replacement during January. Knew I should have bought backup for the forwards. Only have youngster right now and will have to play him for a month. Unless Asaba is still available.

[b}January 1st 2008[/b]

Currently top of the table by a heavy margin of 19 points.

leaguetoastjan.png

Here are the results thus far including my frustrating Crewe league cup game which I lost 2 of my players for 2 and 3 months.

fixturesjantoast.png

Adam Smith has been absolutely wonderful for me scoring 15 in 24 games he has played.

adamsmithjan.png

Really loving this game right now. How is everyone else finding it? icon14.gif

right then finally got round to starting my game and i must say it's been good fun so far.

here are my transfers so far

toasttransfersnz2.png

abit disappointed to miss out on a few players such as fernandez yepes and estrada. the last 2 being because of work permits icon_frown.gif however god (ganea) has returned and he's firing me up the league icon_wink.gif

mcnugget sorry but ive decided to leave playing afc toast as u made me want to make my own team up ive done AFC Liverpool ive put the stadium, 4 players,finance e.t.c more or less the same as yours but i have put david moores as chairman i found these great kits here is a pic of the information screen thanks for giving me the idea

URL=http://img78.imageshack.us/my.php?image=06142008032754rc9.png]06142008032754rc9.th.png [/url]

Originally posted by lfc7:

mcnugget sorry but ive decided to leave playing afc toast as u made me want to make my own team up ive done AFC Liverpool ive put the stadium, 4 players,finance e.t.c more or less the same as yours but i have put david moores as chairman i found these great kits here is a pic of the information screen thanks for giving me the idea

URL=http://img78.imageshack.us/my.php?image=06142008032754rc9.png]06142008032754rc9.th.png [/url]

Judging by your screenshot you have just downloaded my DB and changed the colours, kits, stadium, chairman and 4 players, bit of a rip off tbh icon13.gif

February 1st 2008

The gap has margined to 27 points clear at the top.

leaguetoastfeb.png

Results for January.

fixturesfeb.png

All the transfers made in January with the addition of Asaba before the window (lost Green).

toasttransfersjan.png

Game keeps getting better and better. Fofana and Kouadio both came from Charlton and have each scored 2 in 3 so far. Very much recommend them icon14.gif

Archived