Ps4/xbox one

Unless you move house or do anything that drops you of the grid. :D

i mainly buy games for there multiplayer factor with a few exceptions, so if i was offline for some unknown reason then i wouldnt have much use for a console in the first place, so doesnt bother me.

plus the used game issue how is that such a big deal, there only trying to do what football manager is allrdy doing, linking a code to an account so you cannot trade it in for vaule, at least xboxone are decent enough to allow used games if your willing to pay a small fee.so if you are against microsoft new policy then you a hypicrate, because you buy fm your funding the very same policy on steam.

i mainly buy games for there multiplayer factor with a few exceptions, so if i was offline for some unknown reason then i wouldnt have much use for a console in the first place, so doesnt bother me.

plus the used game issue how is that such a big deal, there only trying to do what football manager is allrdy doing, linking a code to an account so you cannot trade it in for vaule, at least xboxone are decent enough to allow used games if your willing to pay a small fee.so if you are against microsoft new policy then you a hypicrate, because you buy fm your funding the very same policy on steam.

If someone isn't buying certain games new now, they're not going to if they can only buy new games in future. Big titles and titles released at the right time aren't affected. People preorder them or buy them on release, mainly. However, people will stop trying out other games 'cause they're no longer cheap (pre-owned), ultimately leading to a FURTHER decrease in variety and imagination, and more power to the 'AAA' publishers. Too often, someone buys a game that looked interesting because it was cheap/pre-owned, they played it, they loved it, and became a fan of the franchise and/or developer.

In an alternate reality without preowned games, they never discovered these gems, the developers and franchise lost future sales and support, and people stuck with Call of Duty, Halo and FIFA. Forever.

At £429 you have to be crazy to buy an Xbox 1 in the UK. when it's just $499 in the US. Why on earth are we charged more anyway?

Stick with my PC i shall.

With the PS4 being region-free, I wonder how many people in the UK will order it from the US (or elsewhere) and have it shipped to them at a cheaper total cost?

With the PS4 being region-free, I wonder how many people in the UK will order it from the US (or elsewhere) and have it shipped to them at a cheaper total cost?

The catch is, if there's a problem with the PS4 at some point, you'll have to ship it to the U.S. Then consider this is the first iteration of the console, and how faulty the last gen was, so chances are high it will screw up. We're all FM fans though so we're all very familiar with this concept.

The smart buyer would just wait for the price to come down when the PS3 actually releases a game they cannot wait for, then buy it pre-owned from a company that sells it with the same length of warranty.

Archived