Leak? No, No, No - Leek

kris0710

The Game

English Leagues down to Regional 1st Divisons

Small Database

Aims

A trip around England, working my way to the top.

I would like to manage Crewe, Peterborough and Wigan during this save if possible

The Manager

Kristopher Scott

29 year old Sunday League Footballer

jul12-profile_zps2c4eabf9.png

The First Club

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp2ndRBvICbf5HmFbdQ4fdyPBYrN_4a_BPizNyelXZVMtVJiLzGg

Northern Premier League 1st Division South

Why Leek Town?

As my favourite side are down in Level 9 i decided to start at a team i remember well from my days travelling the country watching Rushden and Diamonds. The first games that came to me were the matches in 1999 with Leeds in the FA Cup (drawing 0-0 at Nene Park before losing 3-1 back at Elland Road) and our final day of the 2000/01 season away at Chester that saw us collect the Conference title. Didnt fancy starting at Championship level or at FC Chester who generally walk the BSBN.

So i cast my mind back further. Every away game to Kettering jumos out but i cannot bring myself to manage them, unless its a 'ruin the club' challenge. After much pondering i plumped for a frustrating away trip to Leek back in 1998. Here are the details from this Septmeber Tuesday night....

jul12-reason_zps244475ec.png

So here we go.......

Leek Town

Summer 2012

Pre-Season

jul12-expectations_zpsb00cd023.png

No pressure with the club expecting a top 5 finish.

Transfers

jul12-transfers_zpsbd6e1470.png

Alan Nagington - 28 year old forward brought in from divison rivlas Kidsgrove. Previously played for Leek from 2005 to 2009.

Richard Carrick - 22 year old central defender whose career started with Sheffield United with spells at Harrogate Town and Garforth Town.

Aynsley McDonald - 20 year old defender whose career features spells with Rushden and Diamonds, AFC Sudbury and Corby Town.

Glodi Kweme - 21 year old winger who has previously played for St Albans City.

More than happy with the first 3 departures althought the loss of Sam Hall was a blow. Hopefully the signing Kweme will change my opinion.

Results

jul12-results_zpsd74f3603.png

Decent pre season results. Good win over higher league side Ashton United with new boy Nagington scoring twice as a sub. Trialist Terry Fearns also scored as a sub but failed to win a contract. A 2-1 loss and win followed leaving me confident for the season ahead.

Leek Town - August 2012

Results

aug12-results-1_zps607746fb.png

Within 21 seconds of an opening day win but generally the performance was good. The same cant be said for the result at Sheffield FC. Awful display and the result could have been worse but for the linesman flagging three 'goals' offisde. Newcastle Town saw us dominate from start to finish with both strikers scoring twice. The month ended with an down win against Carlton Athletic. 1-0 up after just two mins, 2-1 down after five mins before two late goals won the match.

Table

aug12-table-1_zpsa3c4dcf0.png

A steady start full of goals!

Transfers

Two players have left the club at the end of the month. Both are players i wanted to keep but couldn't. Tim Grice who had scored 3 in 2 games has left to join NPL 1st Division North side Ramsbottom. No way could i compete with a non-contract offering featuring appearence fee and goal bonus of £230! Secondly leaving was Tim Sanders to division rival Hucknall Town. Sanders started all four games so far this season and signed non contract with app fee and goals bonus of £170 each.

Leek is a pleasant little town not far from where I live. I want Newcastle Town to beat you to the league though.

They need to stop 'leeking' goals then! I shall not mention the 4-0 win too much. :lol:

Love seeing all those goals :D

My 55 season ticket holders are certainly getting value for money.

looking good

Thanks mate :)

7 goals conceded in 4? I thought the team was called Leek Town, not Leek goals. :D

I am looking into that. But who doesn't love a high scoring game or three.:cool:

Leek Town - September 2012

Results

sep12-reeults_zps25cbe2ac.png

A decent little month for us but i ca't shake the disappointment of losing to rivals Kidsgrove. A derby defeat is never nice. The free flowing high scores have settled now, as has the starting eleven. Six of the goals coming from my front two this month which is pleasing.

Table

sep12-table_zpsda92abd0.png

King's Lynn are flying while Northwich seem to have put the poor start behind them. (Not looking promising for Mr McDonald's side though)

Northern League Challenge Cup

sep12-cup_zpsc17a7d6a.png

Tight win over league rivals.

2nd Round Draw

sep-cupdraw_zpsbb24569c.png

They need to stop 'leeking' goals then! I shall not mention the 4-0 win too much. :lol:

My 55 season ticket holders are certainly getting value for money.

Oh dear, terrible pun.

Those 55 are the 55 residents of Leek who know what football is. :D

Archived