A few questions

Hey I have a few quick questions.

I have not been doing that well in this version of Fm i have to admit. But I keep on trying making my own tactics, because i don't find any enjoyment, in just downloading a plug and play tactic and hope for the best.

But as I said, havn't worked out the way i hoped for. Therefor I would like to ask 2 things:

1. Is it possible to make a working tactic (maybe a set of 2 for away and home) without looking at your opposition, but only at your own team? So I dont have to tweak all season and every game.

2. What teams are best way to practice making tactics with - Is it the world class teams, mid table or just some lower league team, or something else? or does it even matter?

Hope some people in here can be kind enough to come with their oppinion on these things. Thanks in advance :)

1. I wouldn't advise you to not look at the opposition, but yes, you should be able to come up with a basic tactic that works just by looking at your own team.

2. Any team can work, but I'd recommend using a team you follow anyway and already have some idea about their players and what type of tactic suits them. That way you'll know what you're trying to get them to do.

Basically, what SpartOn said.

Firstly, I chose Leicester as I know a lot more about them and their players as I support them... that helped me when it came to picking a tactic and knowing what each players strenhgths were etc.

And secondly, I only look at the opposition if I am inferior or if they set up with a different formation to what I am playing (e.g. I am playing 451, but they are playing 442). Because then I can put on shout of play wider to strectch them as one example.

Hey I have a few quick questions.

I have not been doing that well in this version of Fm i have to admit. But I keep on trying making my own tactics, because i don't find any enjoyment, in just downloading a plug and play tactic and hope for the best.

But as I said, havn't worked out the way i hoped for. Therefor I would like to ask 2 things:

1. Is it possible to make a working tactic (maybe a set of 2 for away and home) without looking at your opposition, but only at your own team? So I dont have to tweak all season and every game.

2. What teams are best way to practice making tactics with - Is it the world class teams, mid table or just some lower league team, or something else? or does it even matter?

Hope some people in here can be kind enough to come with their oppinion on these things. Thanks in advance :)

1. I use the same tactic in general, though if i play stronger opposition, i might bump a MC down to DMC. If the opponent has a weak central defence then ill play a AMC. I will use opposition instructions and shouts mostly to exploit any weakness and defend against any strength, so with that in mind its possible to have a basic tactic for your own players, with slight alterations and adaptations for each opponent.

2. I find that teams you have used regularly or the team(s) you support are the best to play around with, you know the team well, you know how they try to play football, you know their formation, and you are less likely to get bored. No better feeling going the season unbeaten vs your rivals :)

Archived