Database suddenly changed, now Japan, Germany and Netherlands unavailable

-----------------------------------------------

*SOLVED* *PM FOR SOLUTION IF YOU NEED IT*

--------------------------------------------------

One day I loaded my game and it said it could not find the database and would use the default one or something. I carried on as normal. Soon realised that the French and German clubs were named differently than I remember, wasn't sure if it was just me.

Weeks or months on, I just tried something: tried to add a new user, and Japan, Germany and the Netherlands can't be managed. The Japan job had been available before, but this would likely be before the error I got.

I [did that thing you do when you want certain things to happen] and the club names are back, but the nations still can't be managed by a new user.

Any way to save this situation? This really sucks, it's like I've been cheated by the computer. :(

(Note: not Steam-related, it's FM 07)

[Do that thing you do when you want certain things to happen]

Can't remember where they are in FM07, but I think its somewhere in the 'data' directory.

That's what I meant by "I [did that thing you do when you want certain things to happen] and the club names are back, but the nations still can't be managed by a new user."

Tried starting a new game?

Good idea. I just tried it with a couple and yeah, the nations are playable in a new game. So it works otherwise. :( If no one has experienced this, I just have to hope they become manageable again as the game progresses a little bit.

Archived