Where to go? Faroe - A Youth Development Game.

Samoth21

Hail and well met. I'm back with FM2013 again after a soul-crushing crash dump caused me to go off the game for several months, but have no fear, addiction can always bring you back to the dark side. I've gone full tiny nation again with the Faroe Islands. Basing myself in on the Vagar island at the 1.deild (Second Division) club 07 Vestur.

07_Vestur.png

07 Vestur

Formed : 2007

Stadium : a Dungasandi (2000 Capacity)

Youth Facilities : Basic

Training : Basic

Youth Recruitment : Basic

Division : 1.deild

The club was founded 18 December 1993 as FS Vágar. It was a merger of Vágar island teams MB Miðvágur and SÍF Sandavágur in order to increase the footballing standard of this part of the Faroe Islands. SÍ Sørvágur, also located on Vágar, joined the club in 1998. Soon, the newly-founded club promoted to the national top league which, at that point in 1995, was called 1. deild. Unfortunately, the team was not able to permanently secure a top-tier spot over the years. In 2003, FS Vágar was relegated for good. Soon after that, the alliance between the three founding clubs began to crumble, and FS Vágar was eventually disbanded in the fall of 2004.

Despite the controversy, many people wanted to keep the club alive or, if this was not possible, found another club. So, on 8 November 2004, the club was re-founded as FS Vágar 2004 (FSV04). In fall 2007, talks about a merger between FSV04 and SÍ Sørvágur, one of the members of the first incarnation of the club, started and were successfully concluded on 6 November 2007. The club was renamed 07 Vestur, shortly afterwards. The new name refers both to the founding year of the new club and the location of Vágar island, which is approximately 7° W.

The club currently maintains two men's teams and also a women's team. In 2009 the men's first team played in the Faroe Islands Premier League, but they were relegated and played in 1. deild in 2010. They won 1. deild and were promoted to the Premier League; in 2011 they were playing in the Premier League of Faroese football, but again they remained there for only one season, they ended as 9th with 24 points and got relegated to 1. deild. The first-team recently gained promotion to Effodeildin in 2012 after winning 1. deild with 68 points.

Season One - Layout, Ambitions and Reasoning

07_Vestur.png

Layout

I shall be aiming to do a opening, mid-season and close season update, however this may vary due to recently starting a new job, and my overly cautious approach to avoid losing another save file.

Ambitions

I have a number of ambitions to try and achieve with this club, whether it will be possible is an entirely different ballgame but it'll be worth a go.

- Gain promotion to the Premier League

- Win the Faroese Premier League

- Become Professional

- Qualify for the group stages of any European Competition

- Upgrade facilities to the best possible

- Win a European competition

- Improve the national team

- Become the greatest thing since turkey ham.

Why?

A question that may be asked is why 07 Vestur? Why make an already exceedingly hard challenge even more difficult by starting at such a lowly side?

Well there are indeed two reasons for that, as initially I was going to start higher up, but thanks to some minor browsing I come across these two young lads.

Introducing our first youth prospects.

Eydun Poulsen (YP0a) - DL - A young left back who may not seem like much at first glance, but he has plenty of room for growth and for the Faroese league, he could be something of a monster

Pauli Hansen (YP0b) - ST - The creme de la creme of strikers for this league. Already head and shoulders above many strikers at this level, his Unambitious personality should see him stay at us for years to come.

Off we go...

Season 2012 - Mid-season Report

07_Vestur.png

95939479y.jpg

Our form has been superb, the league is mainly filled with B teams however, so our place in the table should not come to any surprise to anyone. That being said we have Skala breathing down our neck and looking to leapfrog us. Does anyone else find the amount of relegation places quite odd? Didn't make the database but I can only assume that this is due to the number of B teams within the league?

76408229.jpg

Other then that we didn't manage much in the cup, with our 'rivals' Skala getting the best of us after extra time. Grueling to lose in such a fashion but hopefully in the league we can gain the upper hand.

98319968.jpg

Pauli Hansen (YP0a) - The young lad has been the sensation I'd hope he would be, 12 goals in 12 starts has meant he has become the center of attention, as noted by his call-up the u-21s squad. A strong future awaits this young lad.

Its ok samouth, the relegation places work out in the end.

Just finished first season and in 1.deild due to other results in other leagues, 3rd place got relegated and 7th place got promoted!

With regards to the relegation places i have exactly the same thing on my current save. Probably changes all the time due to the close proximity of the A and B teams in the pyramid

Ah good to know, it does seem to be a crazy league rule. It truly is promotion or bust!

That's serious relegation battle! :D

Indeed, thankfully they're the B teams that occupy most of the spaces, so I hope to avoid the drop.

Season 2012 - Youth Candidates

07_Vestur.png

27900201.jpg

Not really impressive, still there were useful players to bring though. The the over-the-top amount of strikers made me laugh.

Jonstein Petersen (YP1a) - MC - The best of the bunch and thankfully in an area that will see him get a few games in the coming season, said to have the potential to be decent at this level so I doubt he will be more then a squad member.

Martin Olsen (YP1b) - MR - A position that we require cover in, could be something decent but will require a few years to training to make himself better.

Petur Carlsson (YP1c) - ST/AML/R - I had to choose one of them and chose this lad, the position is already pretty stocked but this boy could provide some useful cover with his ability to play multiple attacking positions.

Season 2012 - Review

07_Vestur.png

22943685.jpg

21370655.jpg

Not the happy title win I was hoping for a few months back, but a promotion is a promotion and not be to snubbed at. AB just became a force and it was a battle to hold them back, but we caved in the end. Thankfully Skala just couldn't get there act together and we took the 2nd promotion spot. Up to the 'big time' now for us, It'll be interesting.

27109866.jpg

As you can see, our form wobbled immensely. Thankfully a good few results towards the end turned it around, and steered the club in the correct direction.

:applause:

Season 2012 - Summary

07_Vestur.png

1.deild - 2nd (Promoted)

Faroese Cup - Quarter Finals (v Skala)

Eydun Poulsen (YP0a) - DL - Played extremely well all season, becoming a regular for the u-21 national team, he has shown a great composure and still has plenty of space to develop. Hopefully can make the step up required this season.

Pauli Hansen (YP0b) - ST - A sensation this season, earning himself a regular spot at u-21 level for the national team in the process, his goals should hopefully keep the team going next season.

Season 2013 - Expectations

07_Vestur.png

Premier League - 10th - We have been made the favourites for the drop, and I can't blame the bookies for that. We haven't got the strongest squad and those in the Premier League should have the cream of the crop from the players available in the Faroes, that being said, we'll give it a shot and see how it goes, what else can we do?

Faroese Cup - First Round - So we're essentially expected to get knocked out before the competition begins? Insane. Still, this isn't a priority until we are established in the top league.

As far as players are concerned I'm hoping that Pauli and Eydun are able to carry the team onwards and upwards. My B team still remained in the 2. deild, so I'm going to blood some of the young lads in there, in the hope that the raw experience will mean they'll be able to move on up to the first team.

Season 2013 - Mid-season Report

07_Vestur.png

46556172.jpg

The definition of mid-table? We are neither in danger of relegation, nor are we in danger of chasing the extremely open title, and...? I'll take that, a fright free first season in the top flight is what the doctor ordered, we have settled well and have performed adequately enough to keep our head above the water.

40253924.jpg

It's pretty much nailed on that KI will be dropping down to the second tier within the coming months. They have been horrendous and have all but secured the first relegation spot, after that it is an open scrap, our form will see us stay away from it I hope.

57196748.jpg

A straight up knock-out by a team who passed us on the way down. Frustrating as I played a good chunk of my first string in this match and to fail was unacceptable.

Pauli Hansen (YP0a) - ST - This guy again? Well, he is simply head and shoulders above any other player at this moment at time. He has duly been rewarded by becoming a fixture in the national team. He averaging a goal a game in the top flight, he seems to love it at the club. A further contract extension may be required in case there is interest from abroad.

Good luck with this. Obviously you did well in that first season and look to be doing well this year. As far as I have read you haven't made any improvements to the youth facilities/coaching are you planning on getting this done soon?

Something I didn't touch on, the clubs financial state (as you may imagine) is pretty grim. I've enquired about an upgrade but I suspect I'll have to wait some time before it happens.

Season 2013 - Youth Candidates

07_Vestur.png

78661480.jpg

Quite a successful haul this time around, plenty of players with a decent star rating and the considerable ability to make it at the top (Faroese) level.

Runi Mortensen (YP2a) - ST - May not become as good as Pauli but has the potential according to my assistant to become a reliable partner, will play in the B team for a few years to develop however.

Mortan Andreasen (YP2b) - DC - Already considered to be better then my backups, however his lack of experience is a worry to me, as such he will spend a year in the B team before making the step up.

Eli Nielsen (YP2c) - GK - A keeper is always useful to have, he could become better then my current number one according to my assistant.

Martin Dalbo (YP2d) - DC - Another DC who has the potential to go far, fingers crossed as this is always a useful position.

Bardur Danielsen (YP2e) - MR - Always need another one of these and will go down well within the squad, with Martin Olsen (YP1b) performing well enough though, he'll have to settle into a role in the B team for now.

Olaf Dam (YP2f) - DR - A bonus, a much needed position as we often run low of cover in this area, he has the potential to go far. Looking forward to seeing him progress.

Aki Mikkelsen (YP2g) - MC - In need of a good physical midfielder and he will do well at this level.

Hallur Joensen (YP2h) - DC - Another one.

63646436.jpg

What a tense finish. The meaning behind this? As second place EB/Streymur have already won the Faroese Cup (thus already qualifying to the Europa) this has left the 3rd European spot free and it's between ourselves and Vikingura Gota.

We face AB (FRO) and they have IF. It'll be tense.

The fight is on, best of luck to you!
Good luck!!
Come on! Be great to snatch that 3rd.

Thank you, sorry for the 'suspense' was busy getting my results from my degree.

Youth intake looks good and i think you need to upgrade your junior coaching

Agreed, a run in Europe will be what the doctor has ordered.

Season 2013 - Review

07_Vestur.png

As noted, we went into the final day knowing that we only had to better Vikingur Gota's result in order to claim a coveted 3rd spot and that precious chance at Europe. We were lined up against fellow promo-tees AB whilst Vikingur were away to IF. Our game went on without much event however on the other side of the islands, a different story was unfolding.

16946314.jpg

IF had rushed into a lead, we simply had to avoid defeat now and hoped that IF wouldn't combust on themselves. New of a goal at the IF game came through as we just let our game eek it's way out, Vikingur had got one back. Nerves were tense, I decided that we would try and play it safe and hope for a chance of fortune at the other game...

82148479.jpg

94867735.jpg

YES!.. well almost yes, at this point I'd like to point out that I'm training to be an Accountant I should be good with numbers, but foolishly I am not. As you can see below.

34585826.jpg

It indeed does turn out that we still had four european spots despite my maths somehow coming to conclusion that the team above us winning meant only two spots would be available. Foolish me. Nevertheless, what a successful season, the league was wide open and it took me massively by surprise at the ease in which the team was able to adapt to the league. This is no mere fluke though, as you can AB also adapted to the league with immense ease, whilst regulars B68 faced the drop down. So there we go, Europe for the first time next season, after only two seasons into our mission, the cash will be vital if we are to get the Faroese youth train truly up and running!.

34207382.jpg

You can clearly see who dragged us over the line. Now I know how it feels to be a Tottenham fan, only we made Europe whilst relying on one player ;).

Season 2013 - Summary

07_Vestur.png

Premier League - 3rd (Qualified for Europa League)

Faroese Cup - First Round (loss vs TB)

Eydun Poulsen (YP0a) - DL - Played an immense part in this season, he was solid when he was required to be and aided the team going forward, he has been made captain as a reward for his performances this year.

Pauli Hansen (YP0b) - ST - Pauli, Pauli.. what a sensational player. This may well be my favourite ever newgen in the history of FM, statswise he is nowhere near the top but for shear performances and the ability to be the main man in everything the team does, he can't help but win me over. Fantastic season as he nets nearly a goal a game.

Jonstein Petersen (YP1a) - MC - Impressive debut season for the youngster who filled in well when he was needed, more to come I hope.

Martin Olsen (YP1b) - MR - Ended up playing a hell of a lot more games then I thought he would be performed magnificently in his appearances for the team. Hopefully more to come next season.

Petur Carlsson (YP1c) - ST - At times he was hopeless, at other parts he was a godsend and played like a trojan. Time will tell if he can be Pauli's partner in crime.

EUROPE!! :D

Season 2014 - Expectations

07_Vestur.png

Premier League - 6th - Despite our impressive performance in the previous season we are expected to finish mid-table this time around, and truthfully, I'd be happy with that, our youth are coming through at a young age and we will need a decent amount of time before they're prepared for the bigger stages in the footballing world. I'm content to wait my time and hope that a decent run in Europe this season will give us the financial benefits that will mean missing out isn't a big deal.

Faroese Cup - Quarter Final - I want to go far in this competition, no excuses, we've been unlucky at times but I believe that we can (with the luck of the draw) make a name for ourselves in this competition.

Europa League - Fun - Fun?! This is Europe's (second) elite competition! There is no room for fun! Progression is not as important in this, if we progress far then it will be a bonus, even if we don't the money earned will more then suffice!

For players, once again we will look to Pauli Hansen, the boy is growing up and is fast becoming the shining beacon in Faroese football. Though no interest has come from abroad yet, I'm not sure how long before prying eyes see a bargain. He'll need to be on form this season however if we are to maintain whatever momentum we have.

YES!.. well almost yes, at this point I'd like to point out that I'm training to be an Accountant I should be good with numbers, but foolishly I am not. As you can see below.

Same. What qualification are you doing? If you are.

Season 2014 - Mid-season Report

07_Vestur.png

58844263.jpg

Holy.. an amazing run of form that has seen us go unbeaten for 13 games. I have no idea what has clicked this season but we just seem to be steamrolling the opposition, no changes of tactic the only thing is that thanks to the youth I am now able to rotate the squad that little bit more, maybe the extra fitness is paying off? Regardless, it has left the league looking like..

81780595.jpg

We've built up a healthy 9-point lead over the opposition. With half a season to go a massive upset could be on the cards, focus is needed and required in order for us to maintain our form and keep going at the top.

The cup...?

24335870.jpg

Finally! As with our league form, things just seem to have fallen into place. We had a tough tie against First Division Royn, two last minute goals (one in stoppage time, the other in extra time) to give us a passage through to a brilliant cup run. We sailed past B68 with ease and TB were brushed aside with a similiar vigor setting up a final with First Division KI. We should win, but those are famous last words.

Usually now I'd talk about Pauli Hansen (YP0b) and how he is carrying the team, however there is one young lad who has impressed me even more.

Olaf Dam (YP2f) - DR - The young right back has had a run in the first team thanks to rotation and injury, he has become a mainstay in the first XI because of his consistent performances that have left our crowds amazed. It's shaping up really nicely for the future with young lads like him coming through.

Draw for Europe hasn't been made yet, will be done within the month however. Anxious.

Nice, probably would have been my preferred choice had I been wiser four years ago. Working with a firm currently?

No, I'm a slightly late starter, having started from the beginning after uni (which itself took rather a long time), and while I did look at working with local firms, I didn't have much luck and my tutor explained that's because they want people that can train in their own ways. I'd be far more comfortable working with a specific company anyway.

Archived