Who is your best low transfer fee/free player?

Playing a save recently (start unemployed), resigned in the summer from Stuttgart after 2 seasons. Took charge at Villa after they sacked Martin Jol. I grinded out 11th place. They were 18th when I took over. I only got £16 million to refit a pretty awful squad. So I looked at the free's, found santi cazorla! I managed to link him really well with Bent. Cazorla managed an average rating of 8.63 scoring 13 league goals and 19 assists in 27 matches. We made it to 8th, league cup final win ensures european football and more money to build. I put it down to cazorla but I must mention Bent. He scored 28 league goals, brilliant stuff. All of this is EXACTLY why I love Football Manager

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On my Fm11 save with St Albans I got Benjamin Jeannot on a free transfer, he scored 20+ goals a season for 5 seasons in a row in the championship and helped us get promoted to the Premiership! He got 5 fans players of the year in a row and is currently a St Albans icon! We are in our first season in the premiership, and I hope he can continue his amazing scoring form!

In my current FM 2011 save, I signed Krisztian Adorjan (Liverpoool) on a free in League 1 (2013/14 season). He's now 32 and has captained the team for years, has won the League Cup (5x) and Premiership (1x), as well as League 1 and the Johnstone's Paint Trophy. For years he was by far my best player; while he's no longer the best player at the club, he's still good enough for the first team and the Premiership. He also has a nice habit of scoring extremely important goals in crunch fixtures. He's the only player who has been added to the club's legends who wasn't there at the start.

Career (league) stats: P 344, G 69, Asts 105, MoM 45, AvR 7.24

The only other team he's actually played for are Accrington, where he spent a season on loan (BSP).

Depending on what constitutes a "low transfer fee", honorable mentions may be due to newgens Jon Stringer (600K from Arsenal) and Benogo Drogba (750K from Debrecen). Stringer is a DC who scores a fair few each season (between 4-11 over 6 seasons) and is also a fan favorite (icon). Drogba is a creative MC/L and favoured personnel. Both have pretty decent average ratings and have attracted interest from practically every big club there is, but I've managed to keep them at the club.

Ive bought some other promising youngsters for a few grand (6K-50K), but have sold most of them on (often for a few million) as they weren't quite good enough for my team. In contrast to previous saves on earlier FM versions, I've actually splashed the cash loads of times on FM11, buying loads of players for around 15M. On FM2006, I once spent 15.5M; everyone else was either a free signing or a couple of million tops.

I believe I signed him at the end of the contract that he begins the game with. I had been barraging him with praise for so long that he never felt the desire to extend his contract; he only wanted to impress me :p. within a couple years of joining he was the best player at the club.

In my Port Vale save it has to be Jermaine Easter for 60k (in installments) scored 21 games in League Two!

On others saves it would be Gary Mackay-Steven for Leeds £1.5m or James Tomkins for Leeds £3m!

The Hajduk Split team that won me so much on FM12 was made up of free transfers and cheap Africans. My starting 11 for the only Champions League final that we ever got to was made up of 3 youth teamers, 4 free transfers, 3 Africans who came for fees of under £500k, and a single player who arrived for over £1million. After that final I had to sell most of that squad as bigger teams came in and I made around £60million in profit. The best player of the bunch was probably Augustine Gimbo, a centre back from Nigeria who was 7 foot 1 and had 19 jumping and 18 heading. He cost £425k at a tribunal, and was stellar...

On FM12 I signed French M/AM L regen Cedric Etoundji on a free transfer from PSG for Leicester in summer 2014.

,Aged 16, already a wonderkid. Completed his first season playing about every second match, averaging 7.32. Now, at 17, already a leading EPL player according to my ass man and another two full stars of potential to grow :)

Guess I have the future best player in the world there :cool:

All them league wins, coupled with all the super cups, champions league wins, league cup wins, fa cup wins, Club world championships says to me he must be save gaming. A LOT of people on the FM boards do it. Its lame as hell. What is the point in even playing a game like that. I guarantee you if there was a way to see how many times a game has been saved you would see tons of un needed saves on games like that. I guarantee it.

All them league wins, coupled with all the super cups, champions league wins, league cup wins, fa cup wins, Club world championships says to me he must be save gaming. A LOT of people on the FM boards do it. Its lame as hell. What is the point in even playing a game like that. I guarantee you if there was a way to see how many times a game has been saved you would see tons of un needed saves on games like that. I guarantee it.

I'm sorry but on FM 12 you are quite simply wrong. His screenshot is from FM 12. On FM 12 it was harder not to win.

There is a way to check how many times a game has been saved in the Game Status screen, and whilst it is possible that Carmicheal may have cheated, I would 100% never say it is guaranteed, as having success like his was pathetically easy on FM 12 without any resort to cheating. Having the mentality to not get bored of it was much harder

I'm sorry but on FM 12 you are quite simply wrong. His screenshot is from FM 12. On FM 12 it was harder not to win.

There is a way to check how many times a game has been saved in the Game Status screen, and whilst it is possible that Carmicheal may have cheated, I would 100% never say it is guaranteed, as having success like his was pathetically easy on FM 12 without any resort to cheating. Having the mentality to not get bored of it was much harder

Maybe your right. I didnt come across that though. Jeez, that would bore the living hell out of me. Nearly a guaranteed league/cup/champions league/league cup triumph every year?. Brain numbing.

Maybe your right. I didnt come across that though. Jeez, that would bore the living hell out of me. Nearly a guaranteed league/cup/champions league/league cup triumph every year?. Brain numbing.

I don't disagree, hence my final line!

Granted winning cups every single year was harder than leagues, as you could still mess up from time to time.

Although in older FMs I used to try to keep myself entertained by trying to set unbeaten streak records. Was so annoying if your record was 120 and you then got beat whilst on ~110 and knew you had to wait 2 years to set a new record again

Thankfully FM 13 is a lot harder (if someone had posted a similar screenshot from FM13 my thinking would be more along the lines of your initial reaction, even though still slightly short of guaranteed)

How many times a game is saved is not necessarily related. I set my game to weekly rolling autosave just in case it crashes, so it saves 52 times a year but I never quit and reload.

How many times a game is saved is not necessarily related. I set my game to weekly rolling autosave just in case it crashes, so it saves 52 times a year but I never quit and reload.

Of course but if your saving and reloading silly amount it will show up.

Bernardo Corradi, who is on a free at the start of the game. He lead my Villarreal team to promotion from Liga Adelante with 25 goals in 41 appearances. And now he has 15 in 23 in La Liga, which has helped us to 3rd place after 28 games. Simply stunning.

Of course but if your saving and reloading silly amount it will show up.

You only have to save once per game at most and not a lot of teams play more than 52 games a season, so how would you know?

You only have to save once per game at most and not a lot of teams play more than 52 games a season, so how would you know?

Exactly. If you only have to save everytime you have finished playing FM then you wouldnt have a load of saves. If you are saving and reloading a lot it will show up. Simple really.

Post a pic of the game saves you used for that save. I bet its off the chain.

If so it could be explained by a weekly autosave.

I told you before that anyone playing FM 12 who didn't get bored of winning could easily achieve that, not least with Arsenal.

I won 10 EPLs in a row with Peterborough

If so it could be explained by a weekly autosave.

I told you before that anyone playing FM 12 who didn't get bored of winning could easily achieve that, not least with Arsenal.

I won 10 EPLs in a row with Peterborough

Yeah. And to win that amount, even with a weekly save, the sheer amount of saves would show. Listen. I dont care how easy you say it was, to win 6 league cups, 4 fa cups, 5 champions leagues, 4 super cups, 4 club world championships and 16 Premier League titles, most in succession, you are cheating, end of story. Get this thread back on track. I have seen save game cheat stats before and this is a GUARANTEED save game cheat.

where do i find how many times i have saved? can we take bets as its 28 days of game play time? Why am i trying to prove myself to a tool?

apologies to the OP :thdn:

Dont start calling names like a baby cause you been called out for being a cheat.

Go to Game Status whilst on the save file and it will show you how many times you saved.

Alkemy you can say it all you want but on FM 12 that was really really easy to do. I'm sorry if you weren't good enough at the game to realise that for yourself.

It is possible Carmi88 cheated, I haven't seen his save file, but I can tell you that it is 0% possible to guarantee he cheated just on the basis of winning a few games on what was basically a click-button game

Exactly. If you only have to save everytime you have finished playing FM then you wouldnt have a load of saves. If you are saving and reloading a lot it will show up. Simple really.

You missed my point of auto-saving every week, didn't you? This would say you save it 52 times a season but doesn't prove anything about whether you constantly reload or not.

Whatever guys. Carry on as you were. This is boring me now. You can always tell a cheat. Not good enough at the game?....Im Ok, but I dont save and reload to win silly amount of consecutive PL titles and cups etc etc. That's lame. Later.

How many seasons in are you?

edit: ignore, Herber already answered this.

2035, I've just added Italy as a league, i know the features broken, but I don't think i had alot of players anyways, and my pc should hopefully be able to handle it

Archived