Who is your best low transfer fee/free player?

Picked up a Scottish central defender (regen) for free, he's currently 31 and has played 426 league appearances and scored 30 goals, from the Blue Square South all the way up to the Premier League. Last season at the top level, he made 25 appearances with an average rating of 7.38. Has a couple more years left in him as a rotation player, if I can I'll keep him until retirement as he's a club legend.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my Murcia career save signed Ciaran Clark on a free end of the 2014 season. 4 years later he's club captain, never had a season rating below 7.6 and club player of the year the last three years running. Honourable mentions to Jordy Clasie and McDonald Mariga, both signed on frees the same summer as Clark too. Coutinho on a free from Inter in 2015 and Maxym Koval free from Kiev in 2016. As you can see I love my bosmans.

:D

In my Murcia career save signed Ciaran Clark on a free end of the 2014 season. 4 years later he's club captain, never had a season rating below 7.6 and club player of the year the last three years running. Honourable mentions to Jordy Clasie and McDonald Mariga, both signed on frees the same summer as Clark too. Coutinho on a free from Inter in 2015 and Maxym Koval free from Kiev in 2016. As you can see I love my bosmans.

:D

It is brilliant getting a decent player for free. I think clark is pretty underrated, always a decent player for me. Hugo_rune above, his story is a fantastic one.

I got Muhumad Demirci on a free at the end of my first season with Newcastle Jets and has been amazing with my winnning 5 leagues in a row and 1 champions league

I also signed him on a free, but his physical attributes didn't improve enough. Just let him go for free. I guess each game he has potential? I think his injury proneness is sky high, though.

I also signed him on a free, but his physical attributes didn't improve enough. Just let him go for free. I guess each game he has potential? I think his injury proneness is sky high, though.

True his physical aren't great but technically and mentally he's very good

Junior Agogo for Tranmere 1st season. He is about 31 at the start of the game but scored for fun. Got over 30 goals in the first and second seasons getting us promoted to the prem before he finally started to fade. An absolutely brilliant player though.

True his physical aren't great but technically and mentally he's very good

I can definitely see him doing well at a particular level. It didn't make sense for me to keep him as I have so many great players now.

Well I don't feel I should post here for fear of being called a cheat. But won the league with Tottenham in the first season fm13 (not impossible) second season finished 3rd but won the champions league and managed to get lewandowski and Neymar to agree end of contract deals. It's really not that hard once you find the right tactic. The players I signed were baines, welbeck,sterling 1st season, ilkay gundagon, lewandowski and Neymar 2nd, Phil jones and butland 3rd season. All without saving and rebooting once.

My squad is:

Lloris

Walker caulker jones baines

Sandro gundagon

Sterling Neymar bale

Lewandowski

Subs

Butland

Naughton

Vertonghen

Kaboul

Livermore

Sigurdsson

Holtby

Lennon

Fernandez (regen)

Welbeck

Strong believer in its the tactics you play and not the quality of players...

Well I don't feel I should post here for fear of being called a cheat. But won the league with Tottenham in the first season fm13 (not impossible) second season finished 3rd but won the champions league and managed to get lewandowski and Neymar to agree end of contract deals. It's really not that hard once you find the right tactic. The players I signed were baines, welbeck,sterling 1st season, ilkay gundagon, lewandowski and Neymar 2nd, Phil jones and butland 3rd season. All without saving and rebooting once.

My squad is:

Lloris

Walker caulker jones baines

Sandro gundagon

Sterling Neymar bale

Lewandowski

Subs

Butland

Naughton

Vertonghen

Kaboul

Livermore

Sigurdsson

Holtby

Lennon

Fernandez (regen)

Welbeck

Strong believer in its the tactics you play and not the quality of players...

CHEAT!!!!!:D but seriously well done

Whatever guys. Carry on as you were. This is boring me now. You can always tell a cheat. Not good enough at the game?....Im Ok, but I dont save and reload to win silly amount of consecutive PL titles and cups etc etc. That's lame. Later.

I save alot due to the game being able to crash(which it has on me a couple of occasions), I generally play one or two games and then close FM etc. Throwing out "cheat" is just stupid.

I save alot due to the game being able to crash(which it has on me a couple of occasions), I generally play one or two games and then close FM etc. Throwing out "cheat" is just stupid.

I'm in 2022 and have saved over 1,000 times. I'm assuming that qualifies me as a cheat.

A long LONG time ago (fm08 to be exact) I made the 2 best free's that I have never come close too, but always have tried to do again...

Was managing Fiorentina in about 2020, and I was looking around for well known clubs to maybe have a youth prospect or 2. At Sparta Prague I found what I was looking for, 15 year old striker called Michal Vesely, and bought him for the grand total of 7k.

A year later I also found a spanish striker that had been released from Betis at 19, despite nice looking stats. 6 years later they were worth a combinedtotal about £56m, both starters for their country and fired Fiorentina to 2 Champions leagues in a row (at which point I had left). I wish I had screen, but I can never forget them and have always loved them. One day I will get another 7k superstar...

I signed an American regen called Steve Carroll in 2014 for £4.2m. He was natural in 4 positions (MC,MR,AMC,AMR).

I am now in 2024 and he has been an ever-present for all of those 10 years and his value peaked at £32m. I've had top clubs after him almost every summer (bar the last few as i am consistently winning major trophies). His AVR has never been below 7.6 and almost always has double figures for goals and assists.

Top Top Player.

Neymar. Free. Ross County. He'd broken his leg in the year his contract was due to expire, resulting in him being released and nobody signing him while he was injured. As soon as I could get him through a medical, which was mid-November, I picked him up. 9 months later, as Champions League winners but haemorrhaging money due to his contract, I sold him on to Internazionale for a very cool £31.5m.

Archived