English clubs and bosman ruling

I am Tottenham. Few seasons back Tevez contract was set to expire at the end of the season. In January I couldn't offer him a contract.

Fast forward 3 seasons. Oscar has 6 months left. There is no option there to sign him, yet Barcelona were just able to sign him applying the bosman ruling.

I dont usually play the English league but is there something from the FA that prevents two clubs in england doing it against each other? Surely that would go against the reason the ruling was brought into place?

EDIT: Any player on the list not in an English club, I can approach to sign. All the English players I cant.

I can't comment on the 'going against the reason' argument, but it is true that English > English bosmans can only be arranged 1 month before (though some people say it is 6 weeks so I'm not sure). I normally can offer from the 1st of June.

Other clubs can still come in and steal though.

You can't offer a contract to a player within your club's country (not just England) who's contract is going to end in six months, but you can for players abroad.
AFAIK the rule only applies to domestic transfers in England.

Correct. Inside England only. First quote is incorrect.

Archived