International Ridiculousness..part 2

Saw a post about this in late 2012 and I decided to do a follow-up. I don't know how long this issue has been around, but I don't understand why this hasn't been fixed already. Im talking of course about when most of your squad is away on international duty when an important match comes up. When facing Arsenal in the quarter finals of the FA cup, 20! of my first team players went on international duty, leaving only 2-3 soon to be retired players available for the match. I had to use a match squad consisting of mostly 16-17 year olds, and of course I lost the game 7-1...bye bye semi final. Arsenal were missing no players for some reason.

If this bug is unfixable, why isn't there a function for postponing matches when you are missing like 20 players? It's so annoying to get knocked out of the cup in such a stupid way, and even worse when the "press" wonders if I "regret my decision to name a team which left out several key players"...

Cup games cannot be postponed due to international call-ups, I also do not see how an FA cup Q/F tie could clash with the European international schedule which is potentially backed up by the fact that Arsenal had no absentees, were the bulk of your missing players taking part in youth internationals &/or from nations outside Europe?

Im playing classic so there's no option for withdrawing players..kind of forgot about that function.

The cup match was played on March 22nd, and the European Championship qualification round was played on March 24th. My players went on international duty the day before the match against Arsenal. And btw, im playing in year 2023, and Arsenal is now a mid-table team. I went in their squad and checked the players that might have been chosen for international duty, and some of them were disappointed with not being picked.

In my squad there were mostly senior players being picked, from Europe, South America and Africa. The other quarter finals were played on March 4th (except for the replays of course) and on that date my team were in the middle of a 14 day period without any matches, so I have no idea why I couldnt play on the same date as the rest of the teams still in the FA cup. Doesnt make any sence to me at least :)

This happened to me constantly in the South African league. You can't seem to recall players from competitive matches, and for the Champions League final I had 5 first team players away, which was a bit of a joke

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/318777-South-Africa-(Official)-League-Specific-Issues

I would post it as a bug report in this thread, along with a save file.

Then it will either be fixed, or left as it is if accurate to real life (which although ridiculous isn't unthinkable)

Zombo, my save is at a similar point in time & when I check after your OP all QF matches were played on the 1st Saturday in march 2023, my gut feeling is that your match was scheduled for that date but was then moved to the international weekend, probably a weather related postponement.

Might be worth going back through your inbox to check & if that was the case post in the bugs forum, you will need a save before the math was moved.

This is pretty odd - I'm playing in the German leagues and when I had a clash with a German Cup fixture and the international break, none of my players were selected for the international games instead. This seems to be the other way around.

Just be glad that you have a youth squad to choose from! My MLS squad doesn't have one (the reserve team consists of ten or so players that aren't usually in the first team) and I actually had to play the second leg of the Conference final (winner plays in MLS Cup for the championship) without 14 players due to call-ups, along with a few injured players...meaning I had to play the game with five or six "grey" players that were absolutely terrible. Still managed to win, though!

Just be glad that you have a youth squad to choose from! My MLS squad doesn't have one (the reserve team consists of ten or so players that aren't usually in the first team) and I actually had to play the second leg of the Conference final (winner plays in MLS Cup for the championship) without 14 players due to call-ups, along with a few injured players...meaning I had to play the game with five or six "grey" players that were absolutely terrible. Still managed to win, though!
IIRC MLS games are not rescheduled for international fixtures, the league schedule doesn't even have fixture gaps for World Cup qualifiers.

Just looking at the real world MLS & USA fixtures LA Galaxy played a league game on 23/03/13 & USA played Costa Rica on 22/03/13 & Mexico on 26/03/13.

Archived