Loan fee madness

This is what happened to me yesterday:

burki.jpg

I play with Winterthur and even tho I have won both Swiss Challenge League in my first and Super League in my second season I have a very tight budget (wage 100-150k euros per month, almost no transfer funds) and I am almost constantly 1-2mil euros in the hole for the past two seasons. However I did manage to sign two very solid GKs, Rybka (his ban is now up) and Burki (his value was 210k euros tho he should really be worth a few mil). Since I have no money and no need for two GKs with high wages and I do plan to use Burki in the future, I tried to loan him out. Since I noticed that clubs tend to send loan offers more for transfer listed players, first I offered him for transfer for max amount, 230m and in response I got like 20 loan offers ranging from 900k to 3.something million FEE PER MONTH, mostly from Zweite, French League 2 and Championship teams who definitely don't have that kind of money. Also I noticed that one of the teams was Dinamo Zagreb and since I knew they have sold Domenichioni (who was on my shortlist) to PSV for 11mil, I figured I'd check their transfer history. Turns out they raked in like 30 milion in transfers over last two seasons, so I saved my game and decided to accept their offer, just to see what happens. Turns out the loan went through... Some time ago, similar thing happened to me with Graziano Pelle in my Feyenoord game, but for far less money, 400k p/m, which is still unrealistic but didn't bother me as much.

Now even tho this is crazy amount of money, especially for swiss football, I just feel its stupid to accept it since it doesn't seem realistic at all and I don't think it should work like that in the game, so it would almost feel like cheating.

Reasons why I opened this thread is to try and influence developers to try and fix this for FM14, and also get other players advice on how to continue. On one hand I have no ambition to play like this and on the other hand I do have to loan out my players for some kind of fee in order to keep my financial stability. What would you do? And how much of a monthly fee seems realistic?

I've not seen anything quite like that on my save & I have all of the nations you've mentioned active, worth a post in the bugs section & maybe a save file if you have one before the loan bid is made.

In fact I don't have any other active countries or leagues beside Switzerland 1 and 2, with huge database.

Well there are a lot of cases where loan deals fall through which is a very common thing that people complain of and I think that problem is closely related with what happened here. Unrealistic offers happened to me a lot, and I think it does happen to everyone who first transfer offers their players in order to loan them out. However most of the time when clubs make ridiculous loan offers the transfer deal falls through because they don't have big enough budget, this case was just an extreme exception. I did notice that domestic clubs rarely make loan offers they cannot afford, however with clubs from abroad (inactive leagues to me) funky things happen very often. Also there is a tendency that most of the clubs offer 2% of player asked price as a monthly fee, but it does vary a bit. My impression is that is not a bug at all, but more of a case of poorly implemented game feature. But I will probably do what you suggested, since I think its a problem worth fixing.

Archived