whats your basic tactics

Flat 343 with MCL/MCR on D, WML/WMR on S, DCL/DC/DCR on D, DLFL/DLFR on A with a Trequartista in the middle. Attacking, Very Fluid, More Direct. I have turned off Hold Up Ball and completely custom set pieces - otherwise stock from the TC.

Fluid attacking 2-2-2-3-1 (wingbacks and wingers) for home games where I'm a huge favourite

normal attacking 2-3-2-2-1 (wingbacks and wingers) for home and away games where I expect to win, but need some caution

normal control 1-2-2-2-2-1 (libero, wingbacks and wingers) for away games where a win isn't certain and home games against much bigger opposition.

Haven't tested the third one alot yet, but it gets the results so far.

Fluid - Overload - 4-4-2 with a sweeper keeper.

Not the most efficient in terms of player energy levels or in defense occasionally but certainly entertaining when it gets going. Hit 5+ goals a dozen times last season.

2-3-3-2, Wing backs, 3 central midfielder, Control, Fluid. only just gone to this tactic this season and it appears it can be both effective on the attack and difficult to breakdown due to loads of central players

Very fluid/control 4-1-3-2 with attacking FBs, anchor man, mids set to AP, BWM and BBM (support duties only), strikers set to DLF (Supp) and AF (Att).

Fluid - Control - 4-4-1-1 with an AP(S) playing behind a target man and slightly narrowed width. CM(D) and DLP(S) sit deep and pull the strings with the wingers running into central areas. Full backs hug the touchline to provide the width. Needs wingers who will score to take the burden off the striker but been very effective for me thus far.

This usually works for me

4-4-2

Rigid

Standard

DL(Full back/support)

DR (Full back/support)

DC (Central defender/defend)

DC (Central defender/defend). NB I don't like using cover/stopper here as I'd rather the centrebacks stayed in line with each other.

ML (Defensive winger/support)

MC (Ball winning midfielder/support)

MC (Deep lying playmaker/defend)

MR (Winger/attack)

ST (Poacher or advanced forward/attack)

ST (Deep lying striker or target man/support)

I play around with mentalities, shouts and individual roles depending upon the opposition.

Fluid/control.

DCL - Central defender (d)

DC - Stopper (d)

DCR - Central defender (d)

WBL - Wing back (a)

WBR - Wing back (a)

CML - Central midfielder (s)

CMR - Deep-lying playmaker (d)

AMC - Attacking midfielder (a)

FCL - Advanced forward (a)

FCR - Deep-lying forward (s)

Starting shouts are usually 'pass into space' and 'work ball into box'. If you have a good AMC it is lethal.

I have a 3-6-1 - fluid and control

3 CB - 1 DM, 2 central mid's and a poacher.

Then I either have 2 wing backs or 2 attacking wingers depending on the opposition. I also find If I need goals, a CB can come off for another striker, the DM can be moved and play as an attacking mid. Very versatile formation

Right now using a 4-1-4-1.

Balanced - Control

GK: Goalkeeper - Defend

DR: Fullback - Attack

DC: Central Defender - Defend

DC: Central Defender - Defend

DL: Wingback - Attack (right footed, set to cut inside)

DMC: Anchor Man - Defend

MR: Winger - Attack (set as an inside forward)

MCR: Deep-Lying Playmaker - Support

MCL: Advanced Playmaker - Support

ML: Winger - Attack

ST: Complete Forward - Support

Set up to be great defensively (least GA in the league as a newly promoted side), and overload the flanks offensively. On the right there's an attacking fullback overlapping an inside forward (though from the wide mid position), and on the left the right-footed fullback cuts inside and plays off the winger who stays wide. Creates some really nice play.

Why so? What have ypu seen to make you think that?

I'm with you on this.

I'm seeing plenty of much deserved love for the DLP (D) Role and Duty combo.

CityAndColour has a back three so the attacking wingbacks aren't an issue even on Control, and in fact are probably the main weapon in that setup.

I've started a Swansea save and im 8th at Christmas in my first season.

I play a 4-1-2-2-1.

GK - SK DEF

RB - WB ATT

CB - CD DEF

CB - BPD DEF

LB - WB ATT

DMC - DM DEF

MRC - AVP ATT

MLC - DLP SUPP

AMR - IF ATT

AML - IF SUPP

ST - TRQ

I also like to play a possession based game that's good on the counter and Nathan Dyer at AMR has proved to be a key player for me. Both the full backs (Rangel and Taylor) support the attacks well and the midfield trio work well together.

I sometimes alter the roles depending on the opposition but my formation generally remains the same.

I use an asymmetric 4-5-1. Balanced, counter, press more, zonal marking, more roaming, everything else default.

GK - GK (D)

RB - FB (S)

CB - CD (D)

CB - CD (D)

LB - WB (A)

DMC - DM (D)

MCL - DLP (S)

MR - W (A)

AML - IF (A)

AMCR - AM (A)

ST - CF (S)

I set the lone striker as target man with supply to head. Starting shouts are usually push higher up and work ball into box.

4123 balanced (4=2 attacking full backs and 2 central defenders defend, 1 = anchor man, 2 = CM support and either DLP support or AP attack, 3 = CF/DLF support in middle and poacher and advanced forward either side), 3412 balanced with defensive winger support and 451 V rigid counter

all set to press more and more aggressive tackling

good to have a tactic which plays 3 up front because sometimes you play against 3 at the back, which 3 up front demolishes (2 attack, 1 support).

Flat 4-4-2 with my back 4 staying home, one midfielder barrowing back as a DM on defense, and my strikers expected to run with the ball and shoot from in close. Same tactic I've been using for the past 3-4 years, actually.

I'm currently managing Dover in the Championship. Its Jan 2018 and I'm struggling to keep in touch with the promotion push. Using a 4-3-3 with a mix of strategies depending on the situation. Passing, tackling, defensive line, width, tempo change each game while creative freedom is always 'more', marking always 'zonal', crosses always 'floated' and roaming always on.

GK: GK/D

DR: WB/S

DCR: CD/D

DCL: CD/D

DL: WB/S

DMC: DMC/D

MCR: AP/A

MCL: CM/S

AMR: W/S

AML: W/A

STC: AF/A

The tactical 'flavour of the month' 4-2-3-1 for me usually, I love the tactic in general.

I play with DMC's mopping up loose balls and defending with a line of 3 AM's. I'm trying to use the AMC as a playmaker for the TM up front and the inside forwards pushing forwards and cutting inside to hassle defenders/create more chances. That's the theory at least... :p:D

4-2-4. Solid back 4, 1 CB is limited 1 is a BPD. Full backs are supporting. 1 DM, 1 DLP in the centre of the park. Then 2 wingers on attack, with 2 frontmen. Or sometimes 1 striker and a TRQ behind him. That is dependent on who is/isn't available. I usually play an AF or DLF with a poacher. This system is a fluid attacking 1. It has never failed me really, you have them 5 CCC's and don't score games but I always make sure to have an extra threat on the bench for these issues.

As far as I know, CCC's are known to be a touch buggy, so you don't need to put too much emphasis on them.

I wasn't griping at the CCC problems. Was basically saying that I don't win every game easily nor win by a high score whilst using this tactic. There are games I dominate and cannot score - regardless of CCC's.

Style: Balanced - Strategy: Standard

GK : GK/D

DR: FB/AU

DC: BPD/D

DC: CD/D

DL: FB/AU

MR: WM/S

MC: CM/D

MC: AP/A

ML: W/A

ST: DLF/S

ST: AF/A

Straight forward flat 4-4-2 which I'm using for the first time in years on an FM game.

Depends on what my team is when I join, set up best formation for those players and continually buy players that suit the formation.

Typically I like to play a 4-2-4, fluid + attacking. Was raised with Keegan and Robsons Newcastle, the only football that makes sense! Like to have my fullbacks push forward and interchange with wingers, normally have a defensive minded central midfielder too.

At my 2027 Dortmund team we played a 4-4-2 diamond, had phenomenal talent up front and in amc so scored bucketloads, since moving to madrid we play a 3-6-1, poached the best dortmund player with me.

Its set up with 2 anchor men who are possibly the best in the world, to protect the back 3 as we are so attacking, a trequartista up front next to a poacher, inside forward at amc, amcr is an advandced playemaker, and amcl is an attacking midfielder. Very fluid + attacking so the front 5 create bucketloads, only issue is we are very vulnerable to teams that play wide.

I use a 3-3-4 formation, balanced, direct, short passing, more expressive (creative freedom), more pressing and zonal marking. Counter attack is ticked.

GK(d)

DCL - CD(d)

DC - CD(d)

DCR - CD(d)

DMC - DLP(d)

MCR - AP(s)

MCL - CM(d)

AMR - W(s)

AML - W(s)

FCR - DLF(s) or TM(s)

FCL - P(a)

I'm in the season 18/19. Right now I've won the last 33 games and haven't lost in the latest 47 games. In the league (serie A) I haven't lost in the latest 76 games. I know these records won't last long as posting them will make me loose very soon :) (isn't it how these things work?)

Currently, a 4-1-3-2 (Control/Balanced), with a high d-line and hard tackling adjustment.

GK: GK/D

DR: WB/A

DCR: CD/C

DCL: BPD/X

DL: FB/S

DMC: DMC/D

MCR: DLP/S

MCC: BWM/S

MCL: AP/A

FCR: CF/S

FCL: AF/A

Do you leave everything else default? This formation and the 4-3-1-2 is the one's I always use but I can't seem to make a good go of it, I don't want to copy your tactic lol or that as I always make my own even if I am not the greatest tactictally, I am just looking for some tips for my own tactic.

Alternate between a 433 and 4231

433:

GK def

LB FB attack

CDL BPD cover

CDR CD defend/ stopper

RB FBsupt

DMC Anchorman def/ DLP def

CM DLP Supt

CM DLP Supt

LW Inside Forward attack

RW Winger attack

ST Poacher/ Target Man attack

4231:

GK def

LB FB supt

CDL BPD cover

CDR CD defend/ stopper

RB FB supt

CM DLP supt

CM DLP supt

LW Inside Forward ATT

AMC Advanced Playmaker ATT

RW Winger ATT

ST Poacher/ Target Man

Team tactics control for both, fluid with counter attack.

Archived