Foreign feeder club

Hi all,

Over the past couple of (FM) years, I've been trying to get myself a feeder club in Spain due to the short naturalisation process. The problem is that the board simply won't reach an agreement with any of these clubs. I'm (still) managing Sparta Prague and I've won the Europa League last season and I'm currently in the final of the Europa League again. This would suggest that my club's reputation has highly increased. Nevertheless my board doesn't succeed in setting up an affiliation with these Spanish teams. I immediately skipped the Primera Division as I thought the reputation of those clubs would be too high, but I did try lowly classed teams in the Liga Adelante and even some teams that aren't even managable. The funny thing is that I did manage to get Shandong in China as a feeder club and I could get nearly any team in the Czech competitions as a feeder club.

Any clues on why I'm not succeeding in getting a Spanish team as my feeder club?

Thanks in advance.

National rep might be playing a part, just switch your attention to another nation as Spain is only useful for South American players & there are other EU nations that have equally short time to gain nationality.

National rep might be playing a part, just switch your attention to another nation as Spain is only useful for South American players & there are other EU nations that have equally short time to gain nationality.

Cheers. I was aiming for Spanish teams because I've been told that the naturalisation process takes only two years for South American players there. Which country would you suggest?

Croatia, Belgium and Holland are the best countries for that. Not sure about Hungary and Romania. You should definitely try looking for feeder club in Croatia.

How long does it take for a player to gain the Croatian nationality? Cheers.

Well... I got myself a Croatian feeder club and I put some of my players there. When I checked how many days till naturalisation it said that it would last another 8 years. Something wrong with my game or has it changed? I'm in season 17-18

As far as I know, and I checked this out fairly recently so I think I know well, out of all EU countries only Belgium, Bulgaria and Spain have 3 years accumulatively (Spain 2yrs for south americans as you mentioned) in order to get citizenship. Romania has 4yrs as far as I can recall and all other mentioned have more (Holland, Croatia, Hungary....). So I would say that Bulgaria is the way to go for you, since Belgium is also a fairly reputable league.

• 2 weeks later...

Well in the meantime I've tried getting a feeder club in Poland, Belgium and Bulgaria respectively and in none of the countries the board managed to come to an agreement. I even tried a club in the second competition in Bulgaria, rated only one star in rep and they simply didn't come to an agreement. Sparta Prague's rep is currently three and a half star which would suggest that the reputation difference is high enough. Besides that, the Czech competition is rated 12th in the world (whereas the second Bulgarian competition is rated 117th).

I simply don't understand what the problem is.

Could this be the solution?

I tried getting a feeder club by asking the board to find me a few candidates. They returned and told me that the club wasn't looking for feeder clubs since the persistence of the club was in danger.

(This would be due to the fact that my chairman is trying to sell the club). Should I try it again after the club has been sold?

Minor note:

The first attempt of selling the club failed.

Archived