One too many I am afraid...

Hardly a change of tact, I still have an issue with what I'm seeing. I was just responding to new information.

There has been a 3D engine since 2009, plenty of time to refine something so crucial to the game. Especially when you consider most subsequent changes have been fairly trivial.

What exactly is your definition of 'a huge game'? FM may contain huge amounts of data but don't confuse quantity for complexity. Only a fraction of FM's data is used to generate each match ie. the two teams stats and whatever limited number of external influences have a bearing.

Finally I'll ask again; how does one go about rectifying the problems in a team's setup when you can't be sure that what you are seeing is actually what is happening?

Only a fraction of FM's data is used to generate each match ie. the two teams stats and whatever limited number of external influences have a bearing.

You might want to look into that before trying to sound like you know everything about it.

Finally I'll ask again; how does one go about rectifying the problems in a team's setup when you can't be sure that what you are seeing is actually what is happening?

Again, for those who are able to have an open mind (it IS a simulation, after all), it is quite easy to see what is happening during the course of a match, even withstanding some ME errors in representing that. If you pay attention, you should be able to recognise when something is/is not working in terms of passing styles, tempo, width, tackling mentality, etc. Maybe you should list some examples instead of ranting about SI potentially not testing a match engine between game releases.

Similarly would you play a FPS where what you were shooting at on screen was in fact somewhere else. "Sure, it looked like a head shot, but the target was actually two feet to the left."

These games would rightly be lambasted.

That would be COD (BLops2) MP then. :D

I do agree that there is a large amount of room for improvement in the 3D viewer & hopefully it is something that has been/will be invested in over the coming years.

You can fiddle with as many sliders as you like but this is not the issue I have raised.

I'm not trying to claim the problems you see in the ME will be fixed by adjusting your tactics. What I meant was, if it IS your tactics that are harming your chances of success, you will be able to see what is and isn't working.

To OP:

I havent read through the entire thread but my small piece of advice:

I am quite convinced this game is extremely governed by "Player Personality". Once I turned my attention to "Driven/Resolute/Professional" type of players (WITH Determination my main focus) the game is a cake walk, no matter if I go LLM or CL with Barca.

Most of the hidden stats seem more important than any of the technical attributes.

I never sign a player with low consistency/imp.matches/determination/professionalism (unless they are young and I think I can remedy their idiocy with a good tutor). Recently, I've turned my eye to Teamwork/Workrate as well.

A Messi-skilled striker with low consistency, pressure and determination will not be effective. Give him a tempramental, cheating, lazy attitude and he will be useless.

As a rule: sign players with Driven/Resolute personalities and you wont get disappointed :)

Archived