Clubs show interest in players but never make an offer

Hi all,

This thing has been bothering me a while now: I'm managing Sparta Prague and I've recently won the EURO Cup with some very talented players. Now, naturally, the bigger teams start showing their interest in these players. The problem is that they never proceed to actually making an offer for them. I get tons of messages stating that for example Tottenham Hotspur are about to make an offer for one of my players but they never actually do. Now of course I understand that a great deal of these messages are just rumours but they hardly ever actually bid for one of my players. I even offered them to clubs to see if they would bid for them if I took the first step and then I get this message that Tottenham Hotspur are considering a bid but once again they never actually do this...

Anyone else experiencing this? I'm just wondering if this can be considered normal because I do get tons of loan offers for my players, also from the more reputable teams but I was hoping to sell some of them instead..

Thanks in advance,

I discussed a similar situation in the bugs forum about players on my MLS club. I've been able to sign players that are, quite simply, way too good to be playing (and staying) in MLS and many of them will attract interest from European clubs...but no bids are ever made, much less enquiries. In six years, I've sold ONE player that I didn't offer out to other clubs.

Did you transfer list them? I offer them out at 150% of their value and always receive bids.

It always seemed somewhat paradoxical to ask 150% of their market value and transfer list them because by listing them you suggest that you want to get rid of them. I mean; do clubs really offer above a player's market value if he's listed?

I discussed a similar situation in the bugs forum about players on my MLS club. I've been able to sign players that are, quite simply, way too good to be playing (and staying) in MLS and many of them will attract interest from European clubs...but no bids are ever made, much less enquiries. In six years, I've sold ONE player that I didn't offer out to other clubs.

Well that indeed is quite similar because just like you in six years I've also sold one player that I didn't offer out for approx. 3 times his market value (Alen Halilovic, 18.5 mln, Man UTD), but this has been the only big sale until now.

I reckon it will be closely tied in with reputation of your club, league and players.

It always seemed somewhat paradoxical to ask 150% of their market value and transfer list them because by listing them you suggest that you want to get rid of them. I mean; do clubs really offer above a player's market value if he's listed?

Well sure, it's not that I need to get rid, a lot of the time I'm selling players who have been in the first team or are a young prospect but either too old or not proving enough to me, yet they'll be valued by other clubs, I've sold a lot of players with a year left on contracts who demand too much for big fees. i.e Lamela sold for £44.5million after a good year when I listed him.

Archived