AI Mismanagement in Long-Term FM Games?

No that is a terrible short cut of an idea, and one I'm pretty certain they will never take, thankfully.

An unrealistic "fix" is just as bad as having the current issue.

I think not. How would you notice that such a "fix" was in place?

If I never again got to see 35-year-olds everywhere in the first-team setup of the biggest clubs in the world, I'd be happy to see perfectly capable star players replaced with other perfectly capable star players for no apparent reason. Those of you who like to roleplay could imagine that "maybe he wanted a new challenge" or "maybe the manager didn't like his performances or his attitude" or whatever you'd like. I would simply say "sweet... squad building!".

Even though it shouldn't a long-term solution, for me BiggusD's proposals would be a marked improvement on the status quo.

Although I see why you are partly averse, for me it is only the forced 3-4 changes that is particularly offensive (although I understand why it is there).

As I said, it shouldn't be a long-term solution, but parts of it, e.g. reputation being diminished as a factor in AI squad-building, for me would also make part of any more 'realistic' or at least 'intuitive' long-term solution

I think not. How would you notice that such a "fix" was in place?

If I never again got to see 35-year-olds everywhere in the first-team setup of the biggest clubs in the world, I'd be happy to see perfectly capable star players replaced with other perfectly capable star players for no apparent reason. Those of you who like to roleplay could imagine that "maybe he wanted a new challenge" or "maybe the manager didn't like his performances or his attitude" or whatever you'd like. I would simply say "sweet... squad building!".

You think some people would not notice such rigid nature of the squad building? I think you do some of your fellow players a big disservice. Please don't patronise with your comments about roleplaying. A robotic and gamey fix is a poor shortcut.

Herbs, personally I'd rather they didn't waste time on a gamey fix, and fully focused on dealing with the core issues at hand, in the short and long term. It's a long term issue it's not going to be an easy fix, but something as core as this should be done properly.

Herbs, personally I'd rather they didn't waste time on a gamey fix, and fully focused on dealing with the core issues at hand, in the short and long term. It's a long term issue it's not going to be an easy fix, but something as core as this should be done properly.

I can't argue with that.

Taken individually BiggusD's suggestions would actually improve the status quo, but as a package I agree there is no reason to implement them if time could be better spent on making a viable long term solution. If that is actually being done of course...

One problem that has been overlooked is the managerial merry-go-round that has resulted in successful managers changing clubs at a ridiculous rate, with such fluidity the transfer AI is having to work while one hand is tied behind its back as every 12-18 months the squad rating is thrown in the air.

Archived