Does making an enquiry wreck chances of a loan?

I spotted a promising looking young player who could fit into my 1st team immediately values at £30k, transfer status was listed for loan. I approached the club by making an enquiry about how much they wanted for him and they came back with £350k far more than I can afford.

Instead I would like to loan him, but the option is not available. I can have options to loan other players in the same club so it can't be to do with league rules.

Have you tried withdrawing the offer, moving on a day and then trying to loan him again?

Yes I have withdrawn the offer though it is still recorded in the transfer centre as a withdrawn offer. I can make another enquiry or make transfer offer but not a loan offer.

Sounds weird... As far as I know, the only reason a loan offer wouldn't be available is if you're out of the transfer window (or league rule preventing you from) but doesn't seem to be the case. Even if the club doesn't want to loan you the player, you should still be able to make the offer for the loan deal.

I made a t/fer offer of 1m - which they accepted but then he ****** 100k p/w - I withdrew the offer and offered a loan instead which was rejected so I made another t/fer offer and had the same contract problem. Then made a loan offer on deadline day that accepted and signed him.

Does that make sense :-)

Yep, player was willing to listen to offers to get playing time, wasn't too keen on moving to your club initially but as deadline hour approached he realised accepting the loan offer was his best chance of getting regular playing time.

I hope that's how the game worked it out.

Just to let you know about a week after I withdrew the offer the transfer disappeared from the transfer centre and I am able to put in a loan offer. Don't think you should need to wait but at least I can put in an offer.

It just sounds like you forgot to withdraw the permanent transfers offer, you could have done that at anytime & made a loan bid after 1 continue.

• 1 month later...

Archived