Jack Price Saving Clubs every season

pricey687

hello again!!! I'd like to start by saying sorry for being **** at keeping my threads going so far,a couple of things have gotten in the way

1.I don't tend to have a lot of time to play FM any more.

2.I don't tend to have the motivation to stay at 1 club for longer than a season or 2.

But the good news is I think I have found a way around this with my new career idea:

Save the Club Challenge

My Idea is (although someone has probably thought of this before),every season I will holiday to a minimum of January and I will then apply for jobs at underachieving clubs and then try to save their season,and it's as simple as that.

Rules

1.I must take control of a club that is underachieving and I can't do it until January 1st at least

2.I can only manage them until the season reset day then I must resign (although I might change my mind later into the career)

and that's all.

All that's left to say is don't expect this to go really quickly because as I said before I sometimes struggle for time so a season will probably take longer than it does on the other FMCU threads.enjoy

Leaguesloaded_zpse9ecf1de.png

these are the leagues I have loaded for this although I may add/remove leagues later.

myprofile_zps6696b2d7.png

also I'd like to point out that I've given myself a high rep because I want to start at a higher level as I don't usually stick with the game in the lower tiers :)

ASMONaco_zpsc6d97cd7.png

so the journey begins not in a relegation battle but instead with AS Monaco who are aiming for promotion but when they first offered they were 5th and I delayed for a week and now they're 3rd so I'm not really saving a season more just consolidating their current position.

so I'll have the first update up in a bit.

AS Monaco FC

AS_Monaco_2013_zps3059c678.png

Association Sportive de Monaco Football Club commonly referred to as AS Monaco or simply Monaco) are a French-registered Monegasque-based football club. The club was founded in 1924 and will play in Ligue 1, the top tier of French football, in the 2013-14 season. The team plays its home matches at the Stade Louis II in Fontvieille. Monaco is managed by Claudio Ranieri and captained by Andreas Wolf.

Though based in Monaco, the club is regarded as a French club, as the club plays in the French football league system, and because the principality of Monaco is not a member of UEFA. Monaco is one of the most successful clubs in France, having won seven league titles and five Coupe de France trophies. The club has also regularly competed in European football having been runners-up in both the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup and UEFA Champions League in 1992 and 2004, respectively.

Monaco enjoyed success in the 1970s and late 1980s during the managerial tenures of Lucien Leduc and Arsène Wenger, during which the club was amongst the leading lights of European football. Monaco's traditional colours are red and white, and the club is known as Les Rouge et Blanc (English: The Red and White). Monaco is also a member of the European Club Association. In December 2011, two-thirds of the club was sold to an investment group led by Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev.

With Rybolovlev's financial backing, the club has brought in several top-rated players, including Radamel Falcao, João Moutinho, James Rodríguez and Ricardo Carvalho, for the 2013–14 season.

Targets:

Current Position:3rd (lowest promotion spot)

Club expects: promotion

I expect: Win League

Current Table:

table1_zps6570fde8.png

AS Monaco-2012-13 season- February 2013

AS Monaco 3 – 4 Dijon FCO

In this match I went not really knowing what to expect the team had a new manager a new tactic and they had a lot of adapting to do so I was pleasantly surprised when we started off by scoring 2 quick fire goals within 11 mins. We looked strong and like we would walk over the inform Dijon but I was wrong as within the second 10 mins of the game Dijon banged in 2 of their own to put the game level, I then began to worry that a loss may now be on the cards. Luckily for us the events of the first half weren't showing signs of slowing down as we scored again in the 24th minute,the fifth goal already,which would also turn out to be the final of the first half.

The second half started off very poor as Dijon scored a long range effort past our keeper,who was very far off his line,but I still felt we could turn this around.

I was Wrong.

We played absolutely terribly in the second half and Dijon managed to score again to win the game 4-3 and put us down in 6th.

AS Monaco - RC Lens

This match was to be my second in charge and potentially my most important as a win would hopefully give us the motivation to strive forwards, and a loss could knock any remaining spirit out of us. So as the game began I was sat hoping that this would be my first win, and to be honest the first half wasn't seen as I watch on key highlights and apart from the kick-off there wasn't one so as you can predict it was 0-0 at the break. The Second half was much the same until a goal was scored in the 60th minute which saw one of the moments where I stand up and clap/cheer because I'm so sad and lonely I treat it like I'm actually the manager :p anyway then the half slipped back into the no key highlights phase until the end of a match making it the first win in my career.This saw us rise back up to 4th just outside the promotion spots.

AS Monaco - Stade Lavallois

This was the round of 16 in the French cup and I wasn't overly bothered about the outcome a win would be nice but right now the league had to be my priority and to be honest it was lucky that I didn't overly care because I was beaten 1-0 in a match that was so dull i'm not even going to elaberate :p .

table2_zps1fd3149f.png

I just thought I'd let you know that there's a good chance there wont be any updates 'till the weekend as I'm having problems with steam at the moment and probably wont have time to try get it working due to work.

hello again!!! I'd like to start by saying sorry for being **** at keeping my threads going so far,a couple of things have gotten in the way

1.I don't tend to have a lot of time to play FM any more.

2.I don't tend to have the motivation to stay at 1 club for longer than a season or 2.

But the good news is I think I have found a way around this with my new career idea:

Save the Club Challenge

My Idea is (although someone has probably thought of this before),every season I will holiday to a minimum of January and I will then apply for jobs at underachieving clubs and then try to save their season,and it's as simple as that.

Rules

1.I must take control of a club that is underachieving and I can't do it until January 1st at least

2.I can only manage them until the season reset day then I must resign (although I might change my mind later into the career)

2. I can only manage them for the season that I take over from the sacked manager and a maximum of 1 more season

and that's all.

All that's left to say is don't expect this to go really quickly because as I said before I sometimes struggle for time so a season will probably take longer than it does on the other FMCU threads. thank you

a rule change like I said I might have, I wont stay the extra season every time just sometimes.

Season 1 - March – AS Monaco.

GFC Ajaccio Vs. AS Monaco

The game started poor with a swift goal just 2 minutes into the game for GFC Ajaccio,the half went on with more chances for Ajaccio and little chance being created by Monaco and as time went on it just got worse with Baha being sent off after several warnings on bad discipline.

The second half began with some dull football on show before we finally managed to mount a couple of chances and things began to look up especially after Ajaccio lost a player due to a red card putting us even on players again,until another goal came for Ajaccio leaving us 2 goals behind with little time left,I had to do something and made my final two changes in an attempt to salvage something from the current destruction.

It didn't work.

We continued to fail and the game finished up 2-0 putting us in a poor position and my nerves well and truly wrecked. We were now 5th in the league and we needed to act quick.

GFC Ajaccio 2-0 AS Monaco

Châtearoux vs AS Monaco

this game was a must win and I knew we had to go in all guns blazing to try to not only win but win by that much that it would carry us on winning the next few games. The game started of dull before some high speed one touch passing led to an easy goal slotted in just over 20 mins in,this momentum was carried on as we nearly scored only minutes later but a poor shot meant that Châtearoux will still only 1 behind,we looked as though the momentum had died down but then a free kick was scored directly and we were clearly on the upper hand,and we didn't stop there scoring another goal in the 35th minute to be 3-0 up at the break.

The second half started of like the first half did, dull, but we soon changed that with a well scored goal in the 65th minute. Châtearoux were denied a consolation goal by the linesman's flag, which turned out to be the last bit of action as we won the game 4-0.

Châtearoux 0-4 AS Monaco

AS Monaco vs Angers SCO

Angers SCO were next up and I needed a win as we were currently sitting 4th which can seem like a whole world away from 1st at times which is what I’m aiming for. The game started off with some strong defending by us to keep it at nil-nil until we had some pure luck as the ball took a huge deflection into the path of Germain to put us 1-0 up after just over half an hour,we carried the momentum through scoring another goal in the 40th minute,we were 2-0 up and looking strong on the attack but a little loose at the back despite the good defensive start and not letting a goal in yet.

In the second half the loose defending shone through as we let in a poor goal in the 70th minute but we still looked like we would win,and it looked like I might have been right as we scored just a minute later with the opponents not touching the ball in between the kick off and the goal,we scored in style in the 89th minute to put us 3 in front,but as we had done when they scored the first time,they scored only a minute later from a free kick on the edge of the box.This put us second and just 2 points behind first who lost 3-0.

AS Monaco 4-2 Angers SCO

FC Nantes vs AS Monaco

This game was another must win to help us secure a promotion place and attempt to put us more than 1 point clear of 3rd and 4th.The first half was terrible, no goals, no major chances, nothing to be proud of.

The second half started a little better with a great long range shot tipped round the post by the opponents keeper. Then only minutes later the opponents charged towards our goal before being given a penalty which they managed to convert putting them 1-0 up. This remained the score in a less than thrilling 1-0 loss putting back down in 4th and leaving me feeling a little worried.

FC Nantes 1-0 AS Monaco

leaguetableseason1March_zps9a696db8.png

Next month:

We've got 4 games next month, the first against bottom of the league, the second against second,the third against 6th and 4th against 17th and tbh I want to win all 4 to give us a real chance of the title.

Season 1 - April - AS Monaco

AS Monaco vs Chamois Niortais FC

This game was one we should be winning against relatively weak opponents, I went into this game having made changes to the player instructions for the centre backs to try tighten up at the back so I was looking forward to seeing the results. The game started off poor and stayed that way until the 25th minute when an own goal was scored by Chamois Niortais FC putting us 1-0 up,the game remained uneventful until we scored a goal on the counter attack due to a poor free kick by Chamois Niortais FC putting us 2-0 up.

In the second half we took control despite not adding to our 2-0 goal tally.

This wasn't the exciting part, what was I hear you ask, the other teams played terrible putting us top of the league on goal difference.

AS Monaco 2-0 Chamois Niortais FC

AJ Auxerre vs AS Monaco

For the first time in my spell here we were top of the league and I wanted to maintain this position so we needed a win. The game didn't start well with one of our CMs receiving a red card to leave us with 10 men,but it didn't harm our first half as we went into the second half 0-0.

The second half didn't start well as we let in a goal just 2 mins in,the 88th minute saw us concede again putting us 2-0 down and the game stayed that way.

We were now 3rd in the league and didn't look very confident

AJ Auxerre 2-0 AS Monaco

AS Monaco vs Clermont Foot

we needed a win this week and I was confident that we'd get it, and my confidence was proved right as we scored just before the break to give us some confidence to take into the second half.

We received a penalty which was saved magnificently by the opposition's goalie to keep the game alive,then just minutes later another penalty was received which was placed in the exactly same position and saved again keeping the game alive still,but luckily we held on for 1-0 win.

We were now second in the league.

AS Monaco 1-0 Clermont foot

CS Sedan Ardennes vs AS Monaco

The last game of the month was one which was again must win as is nearly every game at this end of the season. Just 10 mins in we were 1-0 down and I was once again in a sticky situation and it didn't get any easier as they scored again 7 mins later. Luckily after a couple of tactical changes we scored in the 33rd minute to re-light our hopes.

The second half saw one of our CMs get red carded yet again and we let in a third goal showing that our defence is simply not good enough. We were now in 5th and looked abysmal at the back.

CS Sedan Ardennes 3-1 AS Monaco

Leaguetableseason1april_zps8fca1793.png

Next Month:

We need to work on our defence as it lets players through far to easily and as next month is the last of the season we need improvement fast to get promoted.

Speaking about the defence, how is the battle in the midfield ? What kinda marking are you using ?

I'm using man marking as it seems to work better, but I could perhaps try out zonal marking and in the midfield area we seem to be decent to me it seems that the defense was way too far forward so I tried changing my defensive line a little last match and it seemed to work ok I'm just about to play the next month so you'll see the effect it has in a bit.

Archived