MLS Superdraft

Mrkela

Guest Satchy

I'm not the biggest MLS fan, but as far as I understand the draft draws from universities in America (possibly Canada as well), so I'm not sure what you mean by getting foreign players to enter the draft.

By foreign players I mean like in the NBA and NHL Draft where players from other leagues with opt to be drafted in the MLS. This could be done for say Central American countries whose players already have a large presence in the MLS.

Guest Satchy

I'm not actually sure how that works in the NBA, but I'm guessing there are some differences in the MLS. The MLS limits how many foreign players each team can have on their rosters at any given time, for example. I'm not sure if they do that in the NBA or not.

The draftees' quality are determined by the USA's youth ratings, and there are actually quite a few foreign players that get entered into the draft. There is no way to change the nationalities (that I am aware of) of the players entered into the draft because it's hard coded. Aside from US regens, they're mostly Mexican, Canadian and African.

I'd imagine you would have to change something for wherever the players are before they get put into the draft, if that's at the club that produced them then you could try adding foreign staff to that club so they produce foreign or dual citizenship nationals if you only want a small change or for a bigger change then change their nation to a foreign one and put their based nation back to USA, then they should produce alot of foreign/ dual nationality regens.

if the clubs they are at pre draft aren't usually the ones that created them then I've no idea what would change it.

Archived