Kaizen - A process of continuous improvement

Northernpilgrim

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's already looking very good for our chances of winning the Bundesliga again, but I'm more interested in answering the criticisms that I've not won the Champions League trophy yet. I believe that, if we can be lucky in terms of injuries, this team should give me a shot at that title. We've already got the group won, and have therefore given ourselves the best chance of making the later stages, but can we go all the way?

We now need just 5 points from 7 games to retain our title. I'm hoping that we'll wrap it up by beating St Pauli and Schalke, leaving me free to concentrate on the Champions League. We've been handed what looks like a difficult Quarter Final against PSG, but I know that, if we play as well as we can, we should get through to the semis at least.

Our incredible league form continued right to the end of the season, but sadly an individual mistake in the home leg of the Champions League semi final, and an uncharacteristically limp away performance meant we lost to PSG, and so the wait for the Champions League goes on.

FCBayernMuumlnchen_FixturesSchedule-5_zps2b341c55.png

A relatively quiet January transfer window, with just one arrival, and one departure, Prskalo requesting a move in December. As he wasn't a regular, and we're well stocked with strikers, letting him go was a no brainer, given the quality of player it allowed me to bring in

FCBayern_TransfersHistory-5_zps8e158934.png

Bit of a mixed period for my Bayern team. Our unbeaten run came to an end after an amazing 56 Bundesliga games, meaning we failed to go the full season unbeaten, and we were awful in the first leg against Barcelona, leaving ourselves far too much to do in the second leg, BUT we're almost there for a third Bundesliga in a row, which would give me 5 Bundesliga titles in as many years. Overall, I am happy, but not ecstatic.

Archived