Top youth facilities but no more outstanding prospects

Hi all,

I'm currently in season 18-19 of my Sparta Prague game and I've upgraded all facilities to the top level, as well as the highest possible amount of investments in youth. The issue is that the last season my youth academy provided me with a truely gifted player was in season 15-16. The last three seasons my youth academy didn't push forward any foreign players whilst it did do that in 16-17 and earlier seasons and none of the players that originate from my youth academy show good promise. Ever since I started this game I got one outstanding fellow who actually is Czech and the other two top players that came from my youth academy were Turkish and Brazilian. Now I've been waiting three seasons for a new decent player but it seems as if the source has run dry... I don't now what has happened because the youth academy has only increased over the last few years but the quality of the players only decreases. In the last three years there always is a player rated three and a half (sometimes four) stars for their potential but they are absolutely horrible compared to the three top players I got from my youth academy.

Someone has a clue why this is?

Thanks in advance

I'd imagine your team is very good if you are in season 19 of your save, so 3 and a half stars potential is probably nearly a world class player. You are unlikely to consistently get unbelievable players from your academy, the players you are getting are probably very good players but just not as good as the world class players you have in the first team, as that it what the star ratings are based off

How often do clubs produce truly gifted players from within their own youth structure?

Even clubs who are regarded as some of the best at bringing through young players tend to sign them from other sides in their late teens, personally I think you just need to bring down your expectations a little & also look at developing every player that comes through your system rather than just concentrating on those who stand out when they are generated.

I'd imagine your team is very good if you are in season 19 of your save, so 3 and a half stars potential is probably nearly a world class player. You are unlikely to consistently get unbelievable players from your academy, the players you are getting are probably very good players but just not as good as the world class players you have in the first team, as that it what the star ratings are based off

I understand that it will 'lower' their potential rating because the players in my first team indeed are very good. The thing is, I don't really believe that this four and a half star rated player will eventually become a first team player because he doesn't show any promise. I think his 'basic' stats should have been way higher in order to eventually reach my first team. Or maybe it is just me expecting too much. I'll try giving them a chance and see whether they'll develop over the years then.

How often do clubs produce truly gifted players from within their own youth structure?

Even clubs who are regarded as some of the best at bringing through young players tend to sign them from other sides in their late teens, personally I think you just need to bring down your expectations a little & also look at developing every player that comes through your system rather than just concentrating on those who stand out when they are generated.

Yeah I think my expectations are a little too high because I got these three gifted players shortly after another. I'll try giving my new youngsters some minutes in the first squad and see what happens then.

Youth recruitment will effect it.

Even at Southampton which is one of top academies in the game, I'll still get youth intake years which will just have 3* players. I'll probably get a 5* rated player about every 3 years. I think considering Gaston Ramirez is my highest rated CA player then those 5* players will be around the 170 PA mark. You'll only get a 190 PA player very rarely, you'd be very lucky to get one in 10 youth intakes I reckon.

Better youth recruitment = better chance of getting players with high PA's. Just because your scope is wider. It will not make every youth's PA higher. Average PA of the youth intake will only get a boost if you actually happen to get a high PA player or two.

Better junior coaching = slightly higher average CA in your youth intake. In other words; their CA's will be closer to their PA's when you get them.

Better youth training facilities and better U18 coaches = better training.

What is your youth recruitment and junior coaching.

Youth recruitment affects their PA at intake

Junior Coaching their CA at intake

Youth facilities affects how well they develop

Had to consult FMRTE for this one:

Youth Academy - 20

Youth Facilities - 20

Youth Recruitment - 16

How can I upgrade my youth recruitment to the highest level?

Guest Satchy

Doesn't the tactical knowledge of your coaching staff also play a role in a small percentage of the players' CA and mental attributes?

You ask your board of directors for it. it's highly dependent on your club's size and reputation, and your board's ambitions though, so don't be surprised if they say no.

I can't ask my board for anymore upgrades.

The youtch academy and facilities are both on the maximum level and the money spended on youth recuitment can only be reduced... Think I'll have to improve my rep then. Luckily this is what the project I'm dealing with is all about :)

Cheers

Your overall standard of young player coming through will be fairly high though surely? Meaning you can at least flesh out your squad with homegrown players, or create cashflow by moving on players who don't develop as well as hoped...

the money spended on youth recuitment can only be reduced...

That one's a weird one.

You see "reduced" for a while, and then suddenly the option of "increase" pops up some day. I haven't figured out the rationale behind it. Unfortunately, last time, it did appear, my board refused, and then it disappeared again. I have only "above average" recruitment, and it still does not appear most of the time.

That being said, I do think it might have something to do with the strength of your squad who are probably all so gifted players already, that the young players simply can't be that much better.

There's a limit on how many Lionel Messis can roam the Earth. ;)

Your overall standard of young player coming through will be fairly high though surely? Meaning you can at least flesh out your squad with homegrown players, or create cashflow by moving on players who don't develop as well as hoped...

The average level of players is, in my opinion, rather disappointing. However, I think this is due to the fact that I simply don't have any more places in my first squad for youngsters with potential because I would then simply jeopardize my first place in the competition and ambitions in Europe. In my first few seasons I had no choice but to give youngsters a chance since the average level of my first squad wasn't all that good, allowing the players to develop themselves. Now this has become way harder. The only thing I can do is either list them for loan (meaning that they won't be training in the excellent facilities my club has) or putting them in my second squad who currently play in the second Czech division, but here they don't seem to develop that much.

That one's a weird one.

You see "reduced" for a while, and then suddenly the option of "increase" pops up some day. I haven't figured out the rationale behind it. Unfortunately, last time, it did appear, my board refused, and then it disappeared again. I have only "above average" recruitment, and it still does not appear most of the time.

That being said, I do think it might have something to do with the strength of your squad who are probably all so gifted players already, that the young players simply can't be that much better.

There's a limit on how many Lionel Messis can roam the Earth. ;)

Well that option hasn't popped up for three or four FM-years now so I'm becoming skeptical about it.

Archived