Walking through my gallery...don't know where I'm going - The Worldwide Alphabet Challenge

Makoto Nakamura

[video=youtube;HTr9kmCjOk4]

Yes, I really do listen to that sort of music :p

Hello everyone, I'm back with another colossus of an adventure, admittedly FM13 hasn't been the best for me but I'm hoping that will all change now with my last save of FM13.

I've decided to do this because it is the one great challenge that no-one has completed, people have completed the Youth challenges, and the San Marino Challenge, so it's basically the final frontier of challenges where I attempt to go through every country and win every division and every cup that this game has to offer (hopefully).

I've got 2 weeks until the summer holidays and around 15 weeks to do as much as I can and get as far as I can so lets do this!

pmEFXaD.png?1

Here's the starting setup, I will have a maximum of 3 nations loaded at any one point, to keep the game speed at a good level, I'll start of with Argentina and then work my way through the alphabet through to Wales.

Nations Managed in:

Argentina - 18.7.2012 - 2.7.2016

Australia - 10.4.17 - 1.5.2018

Clubs Managed:

Defensa y Justicia - 18.7.2012 - 19.5.2015 (1035 days)

Boca - 20.5.2015 - 2.7.2016 (405 days)

Adelaide United - 10.4.2017 - 1.5.2018 (386 days)

Nations Managed:

Cameroon - 1.3.15 - 11.6.16

Competitions Won:

Argentina:

Primera B Nacional - 2012/13

Copa Argentina - 2013/14, 2015/16

Primera Division de Argentina - 2015/16

Australia:

Hyundai A-League - 2017/18

Intercontinental:

FIFA Club World Cup - 2015

South America:

Copa Sudamericana - 2014, 2015

Copa Libertadores - 2015, 2016

The important first job.

Club Social y Deportivo Defensa y Justicia (usually known simply as Defensa y Justicia) is an Argentine football club from Florencio Varela, Buenos Aires. The team currently plays in the Primera B Nacional, the second division of the Argentine football league system. Home games are played at the Estadio Norberto "Tito" Tomaghello which has a capacity of approximately 8,000 seats.

The institution was founded on 20 March 1935 by a group of friends who wanted to form a local team. There are no sources explaining how the name was given to the club. Presided by Norberto Tomaghello, Defensa y Justicia affiliated to Argentine Football Association, built its stadium, which was opened in occasion of a friendly match against Boca Juniors reserve team in December 1977.

The club's original colors were blue with white collar and cuffs, which were changed to yellow with green details. These were the colors of the bus line "El Halcón", a company that belonged to the club president at the time. This company used its collective to bring the fans to away games, and thus received the nickname "Los Halcones de Varela".

Even though the club was founded as early as 1935, Defensa y Justicia did not play in official tournaments until 1978, when the team debuted in Primera D, defeating Cañuelas.

The team quickly promoted to upper divisions, first to Primera C Metropolitana in 1982 after winning the championship, and 3 years later reaching the next division, Primera B being coached by Hugo García. Defensa only lasted in Primera B one year so in 1986 promoted to Primera B Nacional, where has remained since.

yccQMLu.png?1

QX6DgfU.png?1

rxxjVnU.png?1

Key Players:

4xEzmsT.png

VBR3Nsa.png

Season 1 - 2012/13 - Defensa y Justicia - Primera B Nacional

League Table

League Positions Graph

I couldn't have asked for a better season, we started off very shaky, but as I got further into the season our form got better and better which led to us winning the league with a game to spare.

Copa Argentina - A decent little run here, losing narrowly to Premier League opposition so I'm not too fussed.

Squad - We have a tiny squad, so I decided to throw in the U20's to show that there is some potential here, even if I won't be here to see it.

Transfers - I only brought in a couple of players and let a lot go, my first transfer was my best though, as he became the top scorer for us.

Key Players:

Juan Tejera - Highest average rating this season.

Leonardo Iglesias - First signing and scored 25 in 35.

Facundo Perez Castro - Wrong side of 30 but he hopefully has another year or 2 in him.

Season |       Club         |  Country  |       League       | League Position | Other/Notes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13| Defensa y Justicia | Argentina | Primera B Nacional |       1st       | Promoted as Champions, Copa Argentina 7th Round

Season 2 - 2013/14 - Defensa y Justicia - Primera Division de Argentina

League Table

League Positions Graph

I really didn't like this season in all honesty, the amount of draws infuriated me and they kept coming no matter what I did, I would've resigned already but since we play continental football next season.

Copa Argentina - We scraped through the first few rounds before the games got easier and a good 3-0 win over All Boys in the final sees us in the Copa Sudamericana.

Squad - The squad isn't too great, the board need to give me some money in order to improve if I plan to stay...

Transfers - The board didn't give me much money to improve but I tried to get a couple of better players in on frees.

Key Players:

Juan Tejera - Again the highest average rating this season.

Christian Milla - Top scorer with 12 goals.

Season |       Club         |  Country  |            League             | League Position | Other/Notes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13| Defensa y Justicia | Argentina | Primera B Nacional            |       1st       | Promoted as Champions, Copa Argentina 7th Round
2013/14| Defensa y Justicia | Argentina | Primera Division de Argentina |      11th       | Copa Argentina Winners

HS3qz5A.png?1

After a long run without a win, I decided it was the best thing to do as I don't want to stay in Argentina for much longer.

Season |       Club         |  Country  |            League             | League Position | Other/Notes
2012/13| Defensa y Justicia | Argentina | Primera B Nacional            |       1st       | Promoted as Champions, Copa Argentina 7th Round
2013/14| Defensa y Justicia | Argentina | Primera Division de Argentina |      11th       | Copa Argentina Winners
2014/15| Defensa y Justicia | Argentina | Primera Division de Argentina |      14th       | Copa Sudamericana Winners, Resigned in May

Season 4 - 2015/16 - Boca Juniors - Primera Division de Argentina

League Table

League Positions Graph

I've loved what has become my last season in Argentina, we hit a rough patch in May from fixture congestion and Copa Argentina & Libertadores games which led to 13 games in May but with a new tactic our defense was solid as we conceded only 7 goals in the 2nd phase not to mention the fact that we played a massive 71 games this season and conceded on 27 goals!

Copa Argentina - Some very nervy games against Sariamento (J), Defensa y Justicia, Def. de Belgrano and Velez before a nice Final against Alt. Tucuman where we won 4-2.

Copa Sudamericana - A 'nice' build up for the Copa Libertadores saw us go unbeaten and beat Cruzeiro 6-3 on aggregate in the Final.

FIFA Club World Cup - A nervy penalty win over Manchester City.

Copa Libertadores - A lot of draws but came on top on Flamengo 2-0 in the Final

Squad - A great squad, a couple have refused to renew contracts and so are leaving on a free but I've brought in a couple of nice young players who will hopefully be able to prove themselves.

Transfers - Brought in a couple of my youth players from Defensa, the majority of transfers were for the future of the club.

Key Players:

Norberto Paparatto - A rock at the back as he played 55 games and got the highest average rating.

Matias Caruzzo - Played the most games this season, 64, and along with Norberto he kept the defence solid as we only conceded 0.4 goals per game.

Leandro Paredes - Only 22 and was the top scorer with 26 goals this season.

2014/15| Defensa y Justicia | Argentina | Primera Division de Argentina |      14th       | Copa Sudamericana Winners, Resigned in May
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16| Boca Juniors       | Argentina | Primera Division de Argentina |       1st       | Copa Argentina, Sudamericana, Libertadores & CWC Winners

Season 6 - 2017/18 - Adelaide United - Hyundai A-League

League Table

League Positions Graph

A very, very easy season, on top for 26 of the 27 games and almost broke both the points and goals scored record for the league set by Brisbane Roar in 2010/11.

Squad - With the wage limit I found it quite hard to get good players but with me bringing some defensive experience in Kolarov and a young marquee player in Daehli I was able to build a title winning squad.

Transfers - Brought in a mixture of Youth and experience with an almost whole new team coming, it was worth it though as the results showed.

Key Players:

Roberto Gandola - Brought in on a free after his contract with Palermo ended, joint top scorer with 15 goals.

Aleksandar Kolarov - One player you may have heard of, brought in on a free after his SK Sturm Graz contract ran out, was the experience we needed at the back.

Leandro Fernandes - Also in on a free after his Porto contract expired, the other joint top scorer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16| Boca Juniors       | Argentina | Primera Division de Argentina |       1st       | Copa Argentina, Sudamericana, Libertadores & CWC Winners
2016/17| Unemployed    
2017/18| Adelaide United    | Australia | Hyundai A-League              |       1st       | League Winners, Grand Final Winners

Maybe only stick with a club for one season as well?

You'll never get to Wales if you go to multiple clubs in one country.

Depends how well I do at that club, sounds like a good idea though.

well done

what tactics do you use? the same for each club?

Thanks hungoth, pretty much the same, using Mr. Hough's tactic.

Archived