Home Grown Status

Hi guys

I've searched through the forum but can only find stuff on fm2012 but I'm sure I've read it somewhere before

What I'm wondering is for gaining home grown status you have to spend 3 years at the club between the age of 15-21 but what happens if I were to send them out on loan? Do they still get it say I'm Man U and I send them to Blackpool? Or do I need to keep them at the club?

Thanks in advance

But some competitions also differentiate home-grown between in nation and in club.

I think sending players out on loan stops them getting home-grown-club status, which is why you find that many of the top EPL clubs are now less willing to loan out there newly-signed promising 18 year olds. If the player already has home-grown-club status then AI clubs are more willing to lend them out.

Sending a player out on loan will not automatically stop them gaining HG-club status, as long as their total time at their parent club equals 3 years then they will be treated as HG-club even if this is broken by a loan spell.

If only that second paragraph was true, I find that clubs are still a little too keen in sending players out on loan, it's better than before but could still do with tightening up.

Its as people have said; If you loan out a player, that player for the duration of the loan now effectively adopts the HG status of the loaned club.

This means for example if you loan a player to another club in the same nation, their HG club status will freeze while he is on loan, but their home grown nation status will continue to rise, if he is loaned to a club outside the nation, both status's freeze until he comes back.

This means, depending on how young you get the player, you can usually fit in 1-2 loan spells and still get him to full HG club status by 21, as all they need is 3 years in total, not consecutively. If all you want is HG nation status, you can loan him as many times as you want as long as its with clubs of the same nation.

If only that second paragraph was true, I find that clubs are still a little too keen in sending players out on loan, it's better than before but could still do with tightening up.
I find they are if the player is homegrown they are easy to loan, but in my experience if a player is foreign and going out on loan would jeopardize them getting home grown status clubs always say "not willing to loan at this time". For pre-domesticated players you can get too many (I had ~45 on loan at Wrexham in BSP)

• 1 month later...

A quick question about this. It says that you need 8 players who are HG for the nation and 4 who are HG for the club. Does this mean I need 12 in total or do some of the 4 for the club count towards the 8 for the nation?

A quick question about this. It says that you need 8 players who are HG for the nation and 4 who are HG for the club. Does this mean I need 12 in total or do some of the 4 for the club count towards the 8 for the nation?

4 of the club count towards the 8 for nation so u only need 4+4( 4 for the club and 4 for the nation)

Archived