Stupid AI

I am old enough and wise enough to understand a game as big and complex as FM cannot be perfect 100% of the time. I accept this. I just want to point out an instance in my game where the AI has went full ******, it made me lol.

Holdsgrove, regen for Southampton. I tried to sign when he was 16 and he didn't want to move. Fast forward until he is 22 and he now states he wants to move to a bigger club. United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal all meet Southamptons 19m asking price. I dont bid because my midfield is stacked.

All bids got accepted and the very next game Holdsgrove plays against Chelsea and gets injured for 3 months, lol. He then agrees a contract with United and the transfer falls through as he fails a medical. 2 weeks later, United bid again 19m and its accepted and it falls through again for failing a medical.

2 days later, United bid 23m. WTF? lol

Whats some of the stupid things the AI has done in your game?

That's definitely a bug, I'd report it in the bugs forum.

I had a similar situation of a team repeatedly agreeing a deal with a player only for it to fall through because they were only allowed x number of over 26s or whatever it was. Went on for months. That was FM12 though.

For an FM13 example, I told my director of football to sign Fellaini for up to £20 mil. He said repeatedly a deal couldn't be done, and each time I upped the max transfer by a couple of mil until I was at £30 mil. Still no deal. But this time when I click on him I can see he is now transfer listed by request for £22mil. So I think that that has obviously happened since my dof last made an offer, so I set the max price to £25 mil and send him off again. No deal again. Set it to max £40. No deal. I manually offer the £22mil and it was accepted on the same day.

Needless to say I sacked the dof haha.

AI clubs fielding players under a transfer bid is annoying, has cost me a deal or two in the past & probably ranks high on my list.

Archived