Ok started a new game unemployed. Added German, English, French, Dutch, Italian and Spanish leagues down to second division. I have never started unemployed before and set my profile to International player. Usually I leave it on automatic.

Anyway first job I apply for i get it. Freiburg. German first divison, bit surprised but put it down to being an international player. They gave me 1.3m and told me to avoid relegation. I signed a LB for 500k and thats it. It took 14 games for my first defeat and that was away to Dortmund. I was 6 points clear at one stage but I lost 3 in a row after Dortmund but bounced back with a win against Munich.

Thinking this is a bit too easy and disappointed as I was looking to slug it out a bit in lower league teams to start. I know I could have refused the job but I didn't know the First divison in Germany was the top division and didn't have a clue who Freiburg where before I accepted the job and realised I was already in top division.

Its now January and the contracts are expiring and I spot a CB from FC Twente who is interested, Douglas. I approach to sign and then straight after so do PSG and Juventus and Fulham so I accepted the loss and continued on. Then this appears.

nyi4TrL.jpg

He rejected them all for me. Crazy. Is there any way to turn down the managers reputation from internaltion player in the settings or will I have to retire and start again? It seems to easy and unrealistic.

Could be that he classed first team football above a big wage, it's also possible they didn't offer him the wage that you did.

I couldn't offer him the wage he wanted though. He wanted 28k and 18k international appearance fee. The best I could offer was 22k and 11k international appearance fee. After locking the wage and international thing he came back with wanting the 22k and 11k + a clause that stated he would get 30k increase after 1 league game. I tried reducing that to around 24k and his agent went to orange. So I put it at 29 and maxed it to 30 games so the total contract was, 22k a week, 11k international fee and 29k after 30 games and he accepted.

Surely Juve, PSG and Fulham could have offered much more and I reckon football would have started him too?

I couldn't offer him the wage he wanted though. He wanted 28k and 18k international appearance fee. The best I could offer was 22k and 11k international appearance fee. After locking the wage and international thing he came back with wanting the 22k and 11k + a clause that stated he would get 30k increase after 1 league game. I tried reducing that to around 24k and his agent went to orange. So I put it at 29 and maxed it to 30 games so the total contract was, 22k a week, 11k international fee and 29k after 30 games and he accepted.

Surely Juve, PSG and Fulham could have offered much more and I reckon football would have started him too?

AcidBurn has already fully answered your question. Players always want more than you want to pay, that's how negotiation works. Looks totally realistic to me.

Guest Satchy

Not sure that he'd get the same number of games if at PSG or Juve. Fulham sure, but he might have a preference not to play in the PL.

I really don't think it's that far off, and as other people have said players always ask for above and beyond what they should realistically get.

Archived