FM14 - UI Improvements

One overhaul I feel is direly needed is to the match engine UI. Displaying all of the information I want on the screen ends with a cluttered mess and having these long headers to toggle the panel on/off doesn't work as well as it could either. I'd like to see something similar to the screenshot below, with small icons on the edges of the screen that I can hover over to display the panel, set it to stay if I want or slide back if I hover off. With small notifications that pop up on the buttons, like the green '+' I added to show alerts on that screen if a player picked up a knock, or a notification if they make a sub so I don't have to keep the opposing team panel open at all times to know this, I can just hover over to see who they subbed in and then get my screen real estate back to watch the match.

Also the ability to customize where the icons are displayed, so you could make your own toolbar of sorts if you wanted instead of displaying on the screen edges, and the ability to toggle which screen icons you want displayed at all I'd feel much less cluttered in watching the 3d matches played out.

Obviously each icon would have it's own thumbnail image.

image.jpg

I would prefer the screen you have posted, but anything MAJOR (red card, your own live league position, injuries, opposition changes etc) to pop up regardless of hovering when they happen. Would love to be able to view my analysis tab whilst watching the match.

I recently discovered bookmarks in the non match UI, which I used to link to my affiliated clubs, good for checking progress on your youngn's.

A Stats view would be good. Currently you can create your own, would be good to have a pre made one which you can add to though.

Also would be good to be able to shift click multiple players to select individual training. Bit of an arduous task going through every player changing their training schedule regularly when you have a lot of players.

The lads at SI probably use a lot of Adobe or other products, and their UI is quite similar to what is suggested here.

I agree there needs to be an overall - but would prefer collapsable panels that don't overlap the match screen. Anyone that used adobe products will know what I mean.

As for the rest of it - I'd be happy if the League Table stayed on my team instead of jumping all over the place during the game.

I would prefer the screen you have posted, but anything MAJOR (red card, your own live league position, injuries, opposition changes etc) to pop up regardless of hovering when they happen. Would love to be able to view my analysis tab whilst watching the match.

I like that idea as well, as long as there's a way to turn them on/off ourselves, since, for example, I normally don't want to see live league position but there are instances at the ends of season I do. It would be nice to slide open for a couple seconds when they change formation then go away without me having to do anything.

• 1 month later...

Archived