FMC on full fat

I stopped getting FM after 2006 because it was just getting too complicated. I now have FM2013 and have only played FMC. While I am happy with the game occasionally I come up to something I would like to change (eg have a more leagues / larger database or ask the board to relay the pitch), and I am wondering whether to start a full game.

Is it possible to play the full version with the same aspects as FMC being played and the rest automated?

If so how do I set this up?

If not how close can I get?

Will this be harder or easier to play than FMC (i.e. will an assistant manager train the team as well in FM2013 and he would in FMC)?

Is it possible to play the full version with the same aspects as FMC being played and the rest automated?

Not really, there are some differences that can't quite be hand-waved away.

If not how close can I get?

I played full-fat FM12 (pretty similar to FM13) and FMC 13. The staff in FMC is fundamentally different. Full-fat does not have an Instant Result button. Full-fat has many scouts & coaches. You will have to work with coaching & scouting assignments. Scouting, I found out, just works differently in FMC due to having only one scout. But the end result is in the same ballpark as full-fat.

If so how do I set this up?

Once in FM 13, go to your team's drop down menu, and select "Staff Responsibilities." Under the "Club" tab, you'll want to make the AssMan responsible for hiring coaches/scouts & scouting assignments. Under "First Team," make the AssMan responsible for everything except taking control of the team during friendlies. I think that will get you pretty close to FMC, although others may have more ideas.

Will this be harder or easier to play than FMC (i.e. will an assistant manager train the team as well in FM2013 and he would in FMC)?

I think FM 13 will be a little harder. In my experience, AssMan suck in the tasks given to them. Despite finding the team talks horribly repetitive in FM12, my AssMan could not regularly succeed in giving a team talk with a positive reaction. I think you're better off in FMC where it's taken out of the game completely.

Personally, I don't think it's worth it. While I'd like a larger db or more leagues, I'm more than happy to make those sacrifices for FMC.

Archived