Best way to raise a players sale value

I'm trying to figure out how best to raise a player that I want to sells value. According to genie scout, he has the 2nd best CA in the game and I also have the highest CA in the game. They both happen to play the same position for the guy I'm trying to sell comes off the bench. Last season he played in 27 games (starting 14 of them).

His value is 45M....on genie scout, his sale value is 101M. I've only been able to find one bid of 72m but thats will most of it spread over 48 months. I have seen worse players go that value or even higher without it being spread over 48 months.

My question is....to raise his potential sale value, am I better at keeping him on the squad or sending him on loan to play/start more games? I feel like I've seen players values increase more when they stay in my squad even though I can't seem to get the 2nd best player in the games value to rise to the level it probably should be at.

The Genie Scout "sale value" isn't an entirely accurate representation of the actual value that the player can be sold for in my experience. I wouldn't worry too much about what the sale value is on Genie Scout. Players can be sold for more when they have more years to go on their contract and when they have been playing regular first team football, particularly when in good form.

I'd keep him in the first team squad and play him as much as I could, but that's only because I tend not to trust other teams to start my players. If you can guarantee that he will play far more on loan than at your club, sure, loan him out.

Throughout my FM years I have often noticed that the most intense increase in the players displayed value happens during international tournaments that they are a part of. This makes me think that the value is mostly affected by reputation. What is the reputation of the two players you mentioned? Loaning out could be a bad idea because ideally you want him playing in the most reputable competitions possible.

Guest Satchy

If your player has a good season statistics-wise, and also if they do well in international games, their stock will also rise.

Is it even possible to raise the value of a player above, say, 50M Euro? This is what Messi is worth at the start of the game, and he's as good as a player will probably ever be in the game. I'm wondering what you would have to do to get him above the 50M mark? Maybe if he wins a world cup?

Archived