Minor attendance problem

I find it strange that a bunch of you are telling me what to complain about. I'll make whatever complaints I like thanks very much.

It's an attitude born of spending years on this forum and watching people come and go ranting about the game or SI screwing them over - its always something that negatively affects them, while at the same time there's clear evidence of problems positively affecting them that they spare no thought or mention of.

It's an attitude born of spending years on this forum and watching people come and go ranting about the game or SI screwing them over - its always something that negatively affects them, while at the same time there's clear evidence of problems positively affecting them that they spare no thought or mention of.

This x 1000.

I missed nothing.

Several people made this point so I'll address it here.

The game needs to be balanced so that newbies can play it as well as salty long-timers and the list of frustrated newbies is long indeed. I've been playing for 15 years or so. It's also worth noting that I put in a hell of a lot of time choosing players and there won't be many people willing to make the effort that I did.

As well as this I have attribute masking switched off so it's not fair to complain too much.

Even so I was thinking about commenting about this but I was waiting to see if I could get 5 in a row.

I find it strange that a bunch of you are telling me what to complain about. I'll make whatever complaints I like thanks very much.

Personally I wasn't asking for you to comment or pick up on what I consider to be the much bigger problem with FM13, it was more of a general comment about the mindset of the community & how a bug that benefits the player will often go overlooked.

You were just unlucky that it happened to be in your thread & took it as a personal slight aimed at you, it wasn't.

Edit: A little after the event but I do get the irony of replying to a post that quoted me when that too may have just been used to illustrate a point rather than being a direct reply to me.

nonsense...I know plenty about statistics

barside nailed it anyway

Then why did you compare a single data point to a mean average from a different data set? Why did you not mention the standard deviation from that previous data set if you were using it as a point of comparison? And, I know this line of questioning might be pointless now, but why did you not test for significance if you thought it was such a big difference in attendance?

Dribbler... I'm going to ask you a question that depending on your answer might give a viable reason as to why the stadium rules in your save aren't correct. However, if you give me some of the attitude you have given some other responders in your thread, then I will simply ignore your answer...

Are you using an edited database?

Given the OP, Barside's clarifying explanation and the OP's acknowledgement I think we are just about done here.

There is it appears evidence of a bug also so hopefully that could get raised with some supporting data

I have got to say the OP has been very unlucky here with the way the board have handled the construction of the ground. Like him, I managed Chester and got promoted 4 times in a row to reach the dizzy heights of the Championship. During this time, the stadium stayed exactly the same at 6,000 capacity with how ever many seated.

The next bit was where I got lucky as the board decided to make the Deva an all seater and we would have to move to Goodison Park for the first 6 months of the season where we averaged gates of around 12,000 with a high of 16,500ish until we were shoved back into our little poxy place with a 6,500 capacity. At this point, I went through a downward feel for my save believing that I would need a miracle to get into the Prem with our resources and a play off final defeat to Derby did little to my spirits as I began to feel that I had reached the brick wall in terms of how far I could go.

Summer came and we had 3-4m in the bank from various things and then I got what I wanted... A new 17,500 seater stadium which would take 1 year to build. We are now top and cruising come November with a new stadium to come. Ok, we are losing cash but not enough to worry about and things are looking high again.

Sadly for you OP, your save has turned out very different to mine. My time at Goodison Park tells me that the support for the club is there but getting away from the Deva would be your saving grace. Stick at it, try to build up a bit of a bank balance and you may still yet get your improved attendances.

Off Topic Jeez - are old posts getting deleted - I can see that my post count appears to be decreasing. Maybe someone is deleting the crap ones :D

Neil accidentally deleted the stickies in OTF and maybe a couple more.

Progressed up the leagues so quickly. It's not something that should be realistically possible in the game (though obviously it's currently very easy to do it). It should take many, many season.

And it's also quite obvious that your attendance 'problem' was a far bigger issue to you than progressing quickly, otherwise where's the "I progressed too quickly, you've lost a customer SI!" thread?

That said, with the right backing from the board a club should be able to climb rapidly. Southampton from League 1 to the Premiership and Fulham before them from Division 3 to the Premiership are two great examples of the right chairman allowing a team to rapidly climb the pyramid.

At the same time though, Southampton had fallen from the Premiership to League 1 over a handfull of seasons just prior to their rise, so had a well established fanbase, and Fulham are a London team which makes attracting more fans a lot easier thanks to the population.

At the same time though, Southampton had fallen from the Premiership to League 1 over a handfull of seasons just prior to their rise, so had a well established fanbase, and Fulham are a London team which makes attracting more fans a lot easier thanks to the population.

No Man City? From league 1 to the prem in 2 seasons

I used to get annoyed with my attendances with Preston in the Prem, never make anywhere near full attendance for a home match. We only ever get full houses for European matches (even the qualifiers against minnow teams) But then I remembered one thing.......Wigan Athletic.

Archived