Roma want 55m for De Rossi ! 0.0

Talking about Roma`s best players and top players around. He`s at his peak, has a long term contract and is their vice-captain.

They would probably accept 40-45mil. But in this situation they stick a huge price tag on his head to deter other teams.

But they must find that balance where the AI meets realistic valuations.

It's a discussion that goes in circles though.

I agree, but then its much harder to account for "unrealistic" offers.

IRL De Rossi said he would only leave if Roma said they wanted to sell him, and Roma said they wanted to keep him, pretty much everyone has currently backed off making a move since it would probably take silly money to even get Roma to agree (thats before you even start talking to De Rossi), whereas in FM the OP has tried to keep going where most teams would stop IRL, and is being asked for silly money. He might be able to negotiate down, but not by much.

The AI is far too rigid, they have tend to have a set asking price to be met and it's usually too high. Can understand it with your massive clubs but it tends to be every club expecting a big fee.

I believe in FM Hazard would only have left Lille for £50million, not the £30million or w/e it was paid. But arguing is pointless, it has been done hundreds of times before.

The AI is far too rigid, they have tend to have a set asking price to be met and it's usually too high. Can understand it with your massive clubs but it tends to be every club expecting a big fee.

I believe in FM Hazard would only have left Lille for £50million, not the £30million or w/e it was paid. But arguing is pointless, it has been done hundreds of times before.

Nope, I've bought Hazard for less than the £30m paid in real life, when he was at Lille.

Part of the "rigidity" comes because of the unrealistic manner a lot of users operate in the market. Can it use work? Of course. But then so could how people try to work the market.

sometimes when i read this i wonder whether people have really a bit of knowledge when it comes to transfers in FM. So just in case few examples

If you offer someone 15mln for a player, they want 30, you will buy him for 22.5

If you offer 2mln and they want 6.5, you will buy him for 4.25

If you offered 30mln, they want 55, you will buy him for 42.5

So basically if you bid enough, they will come back with you with highest they want from him, and you can meet them in the middle... works 95% of the time (excluding when player is transfer listed or is wanted already by few clubs, or has a release clause which is their asking price)

Also, i imagine if there was an info that they wont sell de rossi for any bid, you wouldnt be making a thread about it :p and from what i remember, i think 25mln is Fellainis release clause...

De Rossi is a club icon at Roma, it shouldn't be easy to lure him away, especially because of his love for the club. I don't see him leaving Roma any time soon irl either, so FM does a good job simulating reality in this aspect imo.

Although being City, if you really want him, you could very well afford to buy him? If not, I'd look for a cheaper alternative

De Rossi - possibly one of the best players in the game.

What you sell him for if you were managing that team? Would you sell him?

What you can do is try to unsettle the player - or if you check his personal profile and find players he's fond of you might be able to sign another quality player and De Rossi might be tempted to sign then.

But I usually work on trying to unsettle the player through the media first.

What has Fellaini got to do with it? Nowhere near de Rossi.

As others have said, you need to learn how to use the market. What they ask for him is not what you can get him for, it's just them trying to deter you with a crazy amount. You can get players cheaper if you use the media to unsettle them and force them to make a transfer request or force the club to list them.

It doesn't work with everybody though, as some players are too loyal to want to leave.

Archived