Can anyone recommend some nice tactics?

I'm thinking about being Napoli. I just got sacked at City after getting beat 3-1 to bottom table side Aston Villa. My team was :

ST-Aguero

AM-Isco-Silva-Nasri

BBM - Toure (support)

DM - Garcia

Clichy-Boyata-Lescott-Zaba

Hart.

As you can see the team should be a contender for top 4 but I was 8th! The manager wanted attacking football so I always played on attacking !

^whs

also, there's not just one plug-and-play tactic that will work on every team. You'll have to look at your players & adapt your tactics accordingly.

I'd advise you to read up on a couple of posts in the tactics & training forum, there's great stuff on there & it's bound to help your insights in tactics & player roles

I'm thinking about being Napoli. I just got sacked at City after getting beat 3-1 to bottom table side Aston Villa. My team was :

ST-Aguero

AM-Isco-Silva-Nasri

BBM - Toure (support)

DM - Garcia

Clichy-Boyata-Lescott-Zaba

Hart.

As you can see the team should be a contender for top 4 but I was 8th! The manager wanted attacking football so I always played on attacking !

Aren't you the manager??

Not sure about the formation, your midfield probably gets overrun easily.

As you can see the team should be a contender for top 4

Sorry mate, but all I see there is a list of names. Good names for the most part, but just names. There's no '"should be" X or Y' about it.

There looks to be an imbalance in midfield. Nothing wrong with the three AMs depending on their roles and instructions, but if Toure's in an 'orthodox' midfield position and Garcia's in a hole between midfield and defence, Yaya's isolated and easily bypassed (there should have been fairly serious problems on your flanks and runners finding a lot of time and space to pass the ball around/beat both Toure and Garcia). Those two need to play alongside one another, probably in DM positions. If you really want(ed) to use Toure as a BBM, stick Garcia in the more advanced CM position and give him a BWM(d) role - assuming he can play it.

No point in posting that in the Tactics discussion forum as it will just get closed. FM base is a little less elitist when it comes to asking for tactics I think.

There's a specific thread for asking for tactics, if he uses that he would be fine.

Tactics can lose you a game, but they won't win you a game if you don't have the personnel to utilize them. I held Barcelona scoreless using the same tactic that lost me 0-3 to the last-place team in my the Scottish Premier. (BTW, in my 2020 save, Messi's still playing and pulling down 3x my total payroll.)

Archived