Better squad = more injuries!!

I've noticed that if I have a small squad I hardly ever get any serious injuries. Now that I have built my team up and bought cover, my players are dropping like flies.

Does the game engine make it harder if your team is too good by crippling your squad?

I've noticed that if I have a small squad I hardly ever get any serious injuries. Now that I have built my team up and bought cover, my players are dropping like flies.

Does the game engine make it harder if your team is too good by crippling your squad?

No. Not now, not ever (had to make 10 characters so might as well reinforce the point).

Guest Satchy

More players = more chance for injuries. Why? Well, because you have more players who can get injured... :p Makes perfect sense.

I beg to differ, i have decimated my squad and am operating with a tiny squad, and there are alot of key players with long term injuries. You, along with many others, are suffering from selective memory.

Indeed, I have a pretty big squad, and I dont have enough injuries if I'm being honest. I tend to buy hardy players, but still, my rates are way too low.

The ONLY thing about having a bigger squad resulting in more injuries that i can think of is maybe training injuries. If efvery player has a certain % chance to injure themselves in training then statistically alot more will in a bigger squad, but thats still not the case.

I beg to differ, i have decimated my squad and am operating with a tiny squad, and there are alot of key players with long term injuries. You, along with many others, are suffering from selective memory.

If it happens all the time over different teams & saves its something you are doing, if it only happens from time to time its just bad luck.

No.

My only complain is too many big injuries in some matches. And way to few small injuries then in reality.

Some matches there are 2 big injuries. A broken leg and a broken arm in the same match? Come on... its not realistic.

There are not enough injuries in FM, that is statistically demonstrable. There is more debate about the type of injuries and where/how they are picked up, but at any given time in FM, there are less players out injured than there should be.

One possible issue that could theoretically cause a perception of higher rate of injury to top players, is that the opposition is more likely to resort to hard tackling to try and stop them.

I've actually expanded my squad from 19 to 24 this season and I'm seeing less injuries than before.

Several times last season I was barely able to field a team and had to resort to loans just so I had enough subs.

Guess I was pushing them far too hard.

I've actually expanded my squad from 19 to 24 this season and I'm seeing less injuries than before.

Several times last season I was barely able to field a team and had to resort to loans just so I had enough subs.

Guess I was pushing them far too hard.

The contrary is also possible, and might be what the OP is suffering from. Having a big squad might means quite a few of your players not staying match fit due to lack of games. When they do play, the risk of injury will go up, resulting in more injuries overall.

Guest Satchy

Players' natural fitness, the training level, and physios can also affect the injury frequency, and make things different from one player's save to another.

Natural fitness will only have an indirect effect on injury frequency due to the general level of fitness recovered after matches and other injuries.

Physios are also concerned with recovery and recovery time estimates.

I don't know about squad size, but I just replayed my save against LA Galaxy 7 times and I have gotten no fewer than 3 injuries in every single game. How do you prevent a team from mugging your players if they are out to hurt you? I wouldn't think much of it, but 7 games and they are literally beating the crap out of my guys on the field game after game.

Guest Satchy
I don't know about squad size, but I just replayed my save against LA Galaxy 7 times and I have gotten no fewer than 3 injuries in every single game. How do you prevent a team from mugging your players if they are out to hurt you? I wouldn't think much of it, but 7 games and they are literally beating the crap out of my guys on the field game after game.

What are your fitness levels like going into the game? What percentage numbers? Also, in derby matches and in rainy conditions you will tend to see more injuries.

What are your fitness levels like going into the game? What percentage numbers? Also, in derby matches and in rainy conditions you will tend to see more injuries.

9 games into the season. Everyone but 1 person at 100% match fitness, the one that isn't is 98%. Have not been paying attention to the weather. Was thinking it was more that the AI was hard tackling my guys. Pretty consistently injured many players. Finally got a game done 2-1 win with only 1 person out for 7-9 days after 9 tries, so ill go with that.

Archived