Just not a believable simulation

I have spent the last couple weeks scouring these boards and absorbing everything I can as far as tactics, formations, players and training, coaches, everything I can to try to make this game and its pathetic match engine more palatable. I find the game itself is magnificent. I find a lot of enjoyment in the managing aspects of it, the trades and training of new/established players and the general running of a football club. However, come game day, I feel like throwing my flaming PC out the window when I have to suffer through watching this match engine do its thing.

I keep trying to tell myself that its NOT my 25 million dollar central defender just standing there, looking at the ball like its the first soccer ball he has ever laid eyes on and he isn't quite sure what to make of it, that its the failure of the engine to accurately represent some other sort of micro meltdown he is having. But that is a bitter pill to swallow when you throw in the absurd amount of own goals and offside penalties on throw-ins (is that even possible in real life?) and the plethora of other absurdities. It is like watching a magic 8-ball decide the fate of all my hard work and toil. It is COMPLETELY random. I put in the meticulous effort of grooming superstars, only to watch the ME flip reality on its head and simulate actions that would never happen on any football pitch anywhere in the world, outside of my 7 year old daughters park & rec team.

These are PAID PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES and I watch them make the most horrible, fundamental mistakes imaginable. It is just-not-believable. I am not going to sit here and list off all the absurdities as I am sure you have all seen them yourselves. The ME seems to take extreme cases in footballs history and make them every day occurrences. 17 yellow cards in a match? Every other week baby. Nevermind that it has only happened like once or twice in recent memory. Comeback from 4-0 down? Nevermind that it has only happened once in the last 100 years. Ever heard of the "immaculate reception" in American football? It is remembered and talked about to this day because it happened ONCE, in a game 30 years ago. It doesn't happen every damn week.

I had to draw the line when my newest career attempt, after finding some info on setting up some easy preseason matches against much lower ranked teams to boost the teams moral going into the season. It landed me with the MLS team the New York Red Bulls. I set up 10 preseason matches against other teams practice squads essentially. First one 8-0. Second game they parked the bus on me but I still squeaked out 3-0. 3rd game in, they are already superb moral, they lose 2-0 to A PRACTICE SQUAD! Complacency? They seemed fired up both before the match and after half time pep talk, never once saw them go to uninterested or anything other than composed until late in the match when they started losing their cool and were already down 2-0. Just simply absurd and reality defying nonsense like this that is a total turn-off.

When is the next patch due?

/ragequit off

Comeback from 4-0 down? Nevermind that it has only happened once in the last 100 years.

Actually it's happened 3 times in just the past 2.5 years - Germany 4 Sweden 4 in October, Reading 5 Arsenal 7 the same month, and Newcastle 4 Arsenal 4 from 2011.

Claims like this don't really help the rest of your argument/rant.

If you've been scouring the boards, why are you posting the same stuff that we've been through in similar threads in the last couple of weeks? The 5-page http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/356841-Is-this-game-random is still on the first page for example and covers all the main lack of understand you seem to be having regarding the game.

If you've been scouring the boards, why are you posting the same stuff that we've been through in similar threads in the last couple of weeks? The 5-page http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/356841-Is-this-game-random is still on the first page for example and covers all the main lack of understand you seem to be having regarding the game.

Why? So I could have some fanboi come and tell me how dumb I am and blame it all on my tactics instead of admitting that the game has bugs. Thanks for volunteering yourself. Now shut up.

Actually it's happened 3 times in just the past 2.5 years - Germany 4 Sweden 4 in October, Reading 5 Arsenal 7 the same month, and Newcastle 4 Arsenal 4 from 2011.

Claims like this don't really help the rest of your argument/rant.

Maybe it was 5-0? It was something I had read in an article a while back. Its not like I ran out and researched it for gods sake.

Why? So I could have some fanboi come and tell me how dumb I am and blame it all on my tactics instead of admitting that the game has bugs. Thanks for volunteering yourself. Now shut up.

No one said the game doesn't have bugs in fact it has plenty but teams coming back to beat you from 4-0 down isn't one of them. Not really any need to insult someone when they point you in the direction of help and probably the quickest way to get the thread closed.

I'd suggest you read the house rules or your stay here may be short, you'd also be well advised to take on board any advice offered rather than biting those who try to help.

So he insults my intelligence by insinuating I haven't taken the time to read the forums, then tells me its my "lack of understanding" and your giving ME the warning for saying something back. I see how this is going.

Archived