Too many injuries?

This has been covered previously regarding the excessive injuries. I hope it is something SI look at in the future. It does only appear to be certain teams however, i.e Liverpool seem to suffer a large amount of injuries whilst in my recent games as Dortmund, Yeovil and Barcelona I hardly got any at all.

I may as well copy from yesterday's injury thread.

There are not enough injuries in FM, that is statistically demonstrable. There is more debate about the type of injuries and where/how they are picked up, but at any given time in FM, there are less players out injured than there should be.

I may as well copy from yesterday's injury thread.

There are not enough injuries in FM, that is statistically demonstrable. There is more debate about the type of injuries and where/how they are picked up, but at any given time in FM, there are less players out injured than there should be.

I've had several seasons where i've had so few injuries that i've almost hoped to pick up a few to add to the challenge. I have found i'm more likely to pick up injuries if i'm playing in league 2 rather than the premier league and that stats wise SI seem to be under the impression that the majority of lower league players are unfit.

I would probably like to see less in game injuries that force a substitution and more little niggles that allow a player to finish a game but maybe rule him out for a week or 2 when the physios assess the problem after the game.

I've had several seasons where i've had so few injuries that i've almost hoped to pick up a few to add to the challenge. I have found i'm more likely to pick up injuries if i'm playing in league 2 rather than the premier league and that stats wise SI seem to be under the impression that the majority of lower league players are unfit.

I would probably like to see less in game injuries that force a substitution and more little niggles that allow a player to finish a game but maybe rule him out for a week or 2 when the physios assess the problem after the game.

Need more training injuries too.

Also would like to be told what the suspected injury is in game to, when you get the pop player is injured, and the staff go over, ie suspected hamstring strain. Allows you to decide whether you let him play, or take him off.

Need more training injuries too.

Also would like to be told what the suspected injury is in game to, when you get the pop player is injured, and the staff go over, ie suspected hamstring strain. Allows you to decide whether you let him play, or take him off.

Yes agree with both, I don't like having to leave the match to go to the player profile to check the injury. You should get a suggestion from the physio as to whether you should look to bring him off although that would need to be implemented properly so the info he gives you is of use.

I know we are told constantly that the number of injuries is statistically approximately correct. I am not sure whether this also applies to their relative severity. I have the impression that there may be rather too many medium to long-term injuries as opposed to shorter ones but this is only a feeling. I suppose given the poorer physios and facilities in the lower leagues it's likely that more injuries may take place there but again I don't know whether the number of injuries is accurate as a global figure or whether it's also representative league by league. Again, I have the impression that there seem to be rather a lot of injury prone players around, perhaps rather more than I would have expected.

Edit: starting a new save I have had 4 injuries in the first two friendlies - minimum length 3 weeks. To avoid having my small squad mown down further I have cancelled the remaining friendly games. I do feel that excessive numbers of injuries do take place in pre-seasons, where, in general, players go easy on tackling and don't burst a blood vessel chasing down lost causes in real life. I never play matches against my reserves either - I've been caught too often with stupid injuries because my assman obviously has the reserves on 'maximum crunch' in the tackles!

I know we are told constantly that the number of injuries is statistically approximately correct. I am not sure whether this also applies to their relative severity. I have the impression that there may be rather too many medium to long-term injuries as opposed to shorter ones but this is only a feeling.

Id probably agree with this, i don't see many injuries that just keep a player out for a week or so. I find the amount of injuries acceptable but probably too many long term.

This has been covered previously regarding the excessive injuries. I hope it is something SI look at in the future. It does only appear to be certain teams however, i.e Liverpool seem to suffer a large amount of injuries whilst in my recent games as Dortmund, Yeovil and Barcelona I hardly got any at all.

i notice certain players pick up regular injuries.

Sterling for me seems to be injury prone. he had a great second season then was out for 8 months. after that, he had about 4 niggling injuries lasting between a few weeks and a couple of months.

I had a wonderkid regen that also got injured for 3 months with a torn hamstring.

Other than that, i've been quite lucky with injuries. only the odd couple-of-weeks injuries

Archived