Top players being transfered

It just occurred to me this morning that I haven't seen many examples on the game of 'big name' players being transferred, i.e Rooney to Chelsea, Fabregas to Man UTD or Suarez to Real Madrid.

Has anyone seen these?

I know you might of signed them, but it seems to AI is more content paying excessive sums for average players rather than being the best in the world.

Cavani get listed on regular basis on the game, Real sometimes list one of Benzema and Higuain aswell, Falcao often get listed for a lot less then he went for irl etc, so some of these players will go for a much cheaper price on fm then they went for irl

Cavani rarely stays with Napoli in my saves. Reina is not a top player. Higuain gets transfered a lot too. Falcao tends to end up with Chelsea.

Can't say I've never seen these kind of marquee signings..

I've just made a holiday save & seen a lot of 'top' transfers in it (most notably, I've seen Hazard and De Bruyne join Norwich around 2028 :eek: )

I've seen plenty of big money moves for top level players on my save, where I do think the game is lacking is that once they get their big move too many players are spending a decade or more at the club which doesn't feel quite right in the modern game & despite the game being awash with money €50m+ deals are probably a little too rare.

There might not necessarily be a problem with some of the big names transferring clubs, but the market just doesn't seem that active in FM. It is incredibly easy to keep hold of my players. Part of the problem is that I hardly get any offers for them!

I wonder if part of the problem is that the big clubs are buying the high PPA players too early in their career, in FM is seems like players such as Suarez, Ronaldinho, fat Ronaldo, Imbra et al will be quickly picked up by the major European clubs whereas irl these players move to mid level clubs or leagues to further their development, unless it's a domestic player the big clubs generally wait to see if the potential ability of the player translates to proven talent.

Edit: I probably should mention that this behaviour more or less mimics how we play tend to play FM, if the AI was hyper realistic the human manager would have easy pickings when it comes to signing the very best young talent.

When I've checked my save on FM scout it is amazing to see that the relative abilities of my squad is very similar to those of the clubs I'm competing against because they have also targeted the very best players at a young age.

In a nutshell FM's apparent lack of realism in the transfer market is a product of our own singular method of playing the game, I have no doubt that SI have seen how people go about doing things on FM & have set about coding the AI in such a way to provide us with an AI that attempts to compete on the level.

Maybe it has to do with LFCMarshall's update but on my save the big names actually move around quite a bit.

Rooney has just moved to Real Madrid iirc on my save after he put in a transfer request because Utd are sitting 7th or something.

I'm actually noticing some of the best players in the game get put on the transfer list quite early. It seems, on my save at least, that a lot of top teams are vastly underperforming which leads to top players being transfer listed.

Get this - Ronaldo is actually transfer listed on my game right now. And it's only April 2014.

Real Madrid and Man Utd are underperforming, sure, but not to the extent where all their good players should put in transfer requests. One would think it would take more than Madrid sitting in 4th at April for Ronaldo to demand a move. There's a ton of high-profile transfer listed players on my game, it just seems like these players are far tooquick to push for a move when their team is underperforming.

So i'd say it's the other way around for me and I hope not to see this kind of thing in FM14 because it's highly unrealistic.

Took over Barca for a laugh.

In 5 years I've had to buy in players to replace the top top talent in the world of football and for cover obviously - selling off the junk players etc.

I got van Stergen, now the first choice keeper.

Baines, Papadopulous, Zouma, Alaba, Thiaguano, and a few other young defenders all highly rated.

Javi Martinez, Gotez

Cavani

I've had Thiago, Delfeuno, Rafael and others break into the first team and offer great rotation system for me too.

I think Thiago, Defeuneo and Rafael are all valued over 30m!

I went to play Real Madrid in 2018! And they have the same players. Nobody has been replaced.

However, I did have Many City trying to buy Baines, Papadopulous, and Zouma - all which I bought in 2013.

I wonder if part of the problem is that the big clubs are buying the high PPA players too early in their career, in FM is seems like players such as Suarez, Ronaldinho, fat Ronaldo, Imbra et al will be quickly picked up by the major European clubs whereas irl these players move to mid level clubs or leagues to further their development, unless it's a domestic player the big clubs generally wait to see if the potential ability of the player translates to proven talent.

Edit: I probably should mention that this behaviour more or less mimics how we play tend to play FM, if the AI was hyper realistic the human manager would have easy pickings when it comes to signing the very best young talent.

When I've checked my save on FM scout it is amazing to see that the relative abilities of my squad is very similar to those of the clubs I'm competing against because they have also targeted the very best players at a young age.

In a nutshell FM's apparent lack of realism in the transfer market is a product of our own singular method of playing the game, I have no doubt that SI have seen how people go about doing things on FM & have set about coding the AI in such a way to provide us with an AI that attempts to compete on the level.

I suppose this comes down (again) to scouting to be to easy. Too easy to identify the youngsters with the biggest PA as the scouting is too accurate. Also way too easy to buy these talents as well for peanuts.

I wonder if part of the problem is that the big clubs are buying the high PPA players too early in their career, in FM is seems like players such as Suarez, Ronaldinho, fat Ronaldo, Imbra et al will be quickly picked up by the major European clubs whereas irl these players move to mid level clubs or leagues to further their development

On my game, loads of players go to Holland/Portugal/France after having a few breakout seasons in their native Argentina/Brazil. It is after this European exposure and additional experience that they got purchased by top-level clubs. I was happy with what I saw, and it was similar to the (real) Ronaldo/Ronaldinho stories of going to PSV and PSG before Barcelona

Also way too easy to buy these talents as well for peanuts.

Their valuation and scouted value is often incorrect though. Usually they're valued below 100k, scout report might say you can get them for, say 600k, but it usually takes well above 5m. Frankly, I don't consider 5-10m 'peanuts' for any 16yo, however talented they may be. At 16, you have zero guarantee you're buying the next world beater.

I agree the scouting needs a serious overhaul as I don't feel there's a difference between 'good' and 'bad' scouts. It doesn't matter if they have 1 or 20 for judging PA, they will all give you the exact same 'correct' report.

Their valuation and scouted value is often incorrect though. Usually they're valued below 100k, scout report might say you can get them for, say 600k, but it usually takes well above 5m. Frankly, I don't consider 5-10m 'peanuts' for any 16yo, however talented they may be. At 16, you have zero guarantee you're buying the next world beater.

I agree the scouting needs a serious overhaul as I don't feel there's a difference between 'good' and 'bad' scouts. It doesn't matter if they have 1 or 20 for judging PA, they will all give you the exact same 'correct' report.

Actually, I've found scouts quite accurate. If view tell me the player will cost between 500k and 750k, they are almost always spot on.

You can pick up properly good youngsters for much cheaper than 5m and KNOW they will be world beaters one day. Even if you decide to pay 5m for a youngster, you still know it is worth it because barring any serious injuries, he will reach the potential your scout/coach predicts. It's just not the same gamble it is IRL.

Actually, I've found scouts quite accurate. If view tell me the player will cost between 500k and 750k, they are almost always spot on.

I always find it funny when they say "available between 90k and 110k" and then you look and he is transfer listed for 100k.

If he has an asking price then say the bloody asking price. I logged this as a bug report in beta to no avail

Cavani rarely stays with Napoli in my saves. Reina is not a top player. Higuain gets transfered a lot too. Falcao tends to end up with Chelsea.

Can't say I've never seen these kind of marquee signings..

I've just made a holiday save & seen a lot of 'top' transfers in it (most notably, I've seen Hazard and De Bruyne join Norwich around 2028 :eek: )

When they're both pushing 40? Why so surprised?

Archived