Language Barrier? Any effect?

Hi All,

I have searched for this, but no one seems to have any real idea.

Does a player not knowing the language affect there performance?

I have Moutinho for AS monaco, who only speaks Portugese. The rest of the squad all speak french.

Yet his average rating is 7.40.... since he is a midfielder, and he cannot communicate with his team mates i would expect some performance hit??!? Is this not simulated?

I always get the press questions about signing players who don't speak the local lingo, but they all seem to produce well. I'm in Scotland, keep signing French-speaking players, and all I've noticed is I have somehow picked up the ability to speak French. Occasionally I'll get a homesick player, I just send them home to visit and they seem to do okay after that.

Oh a team that is not used to each other may underperform, but I don't think the language itself is so central to that "penalty". A new player hasn't blended in yet, and that is all it seems...

Yeah, Im sure he will just take longer to blend in than a player who does know the language.

does it get better though? I've sometimes noticed an in-game feedback from the AM saying a player isn't communicating well because of the language barrier, but do they improve over time? I can't recall a player picking up on the language. Then again I haven't paid much mind to it..

does it get better though? I've sometimes noticed an in-game feedback from the AM saying a player isn't communicating well because of the language barrier, but do they improve over time? I can't recall a player picking up on the language. Then again I haven't paid much mind to it..

Most do, but when Adaptability is very low they might not at all.

Archived