Link between AGOVV and Vitesse

There is a clause written in between Vitesse and AGOVV that states that players may move freely between AGOVV and Vitesse in this affliation which pretty much allows vitesse to poach agovv players at 0 transfer cost (board will accept offer immediately). Unfortunately the reverse is not true. Therefore the link is a literal one way leech.

Is this a bug?

Why can't it be cancelled?

Anyone knows of similar clauses between other clubs?

There are a few of these types of links in the Dutch leagues, iirc Ajax have a similar arrangement.

I think the theory is that the lower ranked club get access to the larger sides training facilities & will be allowed the sign youth players that the parent club do not think will make it, by having this sort of link they can get the player back for noting if lad develops more than expected once exposed to regular senior level football, not sure how much of this FM replicates.

ONe flaw in the system is that these fixed links do not get cancelled if the feeder club becomes a bigger side than the parent club.

I had this issue last year (I think) in Mexico where I was doing a youth only challenge and when a team is poaching all your players for nothing it was a bit of a save destroyer. I also believe there was a similar link between Granada and Udinese in last years version but has since been changed for this year. It's absolutely the worst thing though when you are on the receiving end.

Archived