“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”

kris0710

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2ipoccfBStcLNMrKO6o7Nw8BW2QRHPtVrj8YycLxopO7bYakRRg

Ipswich Town

Championship

Pre Season 2015

Summer Signings

Jimmy Ryan - £750k buy from League One Crewe. The 27 year old was Player of the Year at Gresty Road last season scoring 6 in 34 league games from midfield.

Harry Davis - Centre back also joins from Crewe for £1.1m. 24 year old will replace Richard Eckersley who moved to West Brom for £675k.

Josh Falkingham - Centre midfielder has joined from League One Preston for £1.1m. Impressed in his 83 league games for the club and was on my radar at Hartlepool.

Luca Scupuzzi - Out of contract at Hartlepool I was quick to bring him to Portman Road. 12 goals in League One last season.

Luke Freeman - £120k signing from Stevenage was agreed before I joined the club. Looks a decent player, not sure how he will step up from Stevenage.

Matt Doherty - Right back comes from Wolves on a free. Tried to sign at both Hartlepool and Notts County. Only one start at Championship level for Wolves though.

Larnell Cole - A right winger I tried to sign on loan from Manchester United who then transfer listed. A punt at £275k.

Henry Charnock - £600k signing from New York Red Bulls the 20 year old American already has 15 caps for his country.

Oliver Norwood - 24 year old will be my main centre midfielder and will look to build around him. 3 years at Huddersfield have brought 111 league apps.

Leaving the club was Angelo Balanta to Bolton for 700k, Aaron Cresswell left for Celtic on a free and the sale of Eckersley also.

Squad

aug15-sqauad_zps35aae254.png

Results

aug15-results_zps6007e049.png

Ipswich Town

Championship

August and September 2015

Results

sep15-results_zps1fc2863e.png

Hit and miss start to the season. Poor against Peterborough and struggled past Southend in the Cup. As well as we played against Leeds we were as bas against Bournemouth and Sheff Wed. Out of nowhere we hammered Southampton to end September. That results has pushed us up the table and hopefully we can keep looking forward.

Table

sep15-table_zps4cf3339e.png

Slightly false position given the games in hand most sides have on us but its points in the bag that matter to me.

Ipswich Town

Championship

November 2015

Results:

nov15-results_zpsdbbf7143.png

That's more like it. Lost keeper Scott Roach for three games so young untried McCarthy has come in and done great.

Table:

nov15-table_zps5395d2e3.png

Half way through the season, half way in the league.

The FA Cup has drawn us away to Premier League side Reading.

A solid start so far to life in the Championship. :thup:

It's great to see Tranmere doing well and getting a crowd of almost 13,000, even if you did beat them. We're normally in non-league on all the career threads I've seen.

A solid start so far to life in the Championship. :thup:

It's great to see Tranmere doing well and getting a crowd of almost 13,000, even if you did beat them. We're normally in non-league on all the career threads I've seen.

Thanks. Been an ok start. Lots of changes coming though....

As for Tranmere won the play-offs in 2012/13 after finishing 3rd in League One. Beat Scunthorpe in the semis 4-2 and Doncaster 2-1 In the final.

19th and 16th placed finishes in the Championship have followed. Transfer wise not spent more than £350k on a player. Brought Abdi Ibrahim from Manchester City for £220k in 2013 and sold him to FC Twente last summer for £4.7m. In July 2013 also sold James Wallace for a big fee, £3.8m to Burnley.

Ronnie Moore is still in charge although in June 2013 you had a takeover, Mick Horton leaving and Ray Ranson (local businessman) taking over.

Thanks for the mini update. :thup:

Mick Horton (chairman should be Peter Johnson though) leaving would be why. We're cash strapped in real life, so presumably a clearing of debt would mean we weren't bogged down anymore and could actually buy players.

Ipswich Town

Championship

December 2015

Results:

dec15-results_zps6002719c.png

A lot better month for us has given the whole squad a lift. In fairness we picked up more points than we should as both wins against Birmingham and Millwall we scored with our only shots on goal.

Table:

dec15-table_zps6d488019.png

Closer to play-offs than relegation zone is a big plus going into the new year with plenty of changes to the squad.

Looking through the wages of the squad I was shocked to see how many players earnt over £10k pw. Under performing for years and collecting wages that could be used better I decided to transfer list six of the top nine earners at the club.

Very decent season it seems.

Not too bad given the recent history of the club and me :rolleyes:

Then jumped ship to a team in the same division and got relegated. *wink wink*

Oh come on now, who could possibly have saved a club like Notts County? 24 league games left and a massive 5 points from safety, they were practically down when I walked in door. :D

Ipswich Town

Championship

January 2016

Results:

jan16-results_zps3dbacae1.png

Not a good month but could have been worse. We were 2-0 down at West Ham!! Unlucky defeat to Premier League side Reading and the performance was pleasing given 4 u-18 players played and the match came just days after 6 first teamers left the club.

Table:

jan16-trable_zpsea3489b2.png

Could hardly be more mid able if we tried

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8bG7SH2UviiYe5wnMr0Csdtj2YETt-Bz6HoI1W38UfiHKu3Ft

January 2016

Players Out:

Andy Wikinson - 31 year old right back has joined Millwall for £475k. Played 84 league games for Ipswich since a £1.2m move from Stoke.

Tommy Smith - 25 year old left back has moved to Championship side Southampton for £2.8m. 211 league apps for Ipswich scoring 8 goals.

Lee Martin - A £2m move to Premier League Wolves for the clubs highest earner. Only 3 starts for me before his move.

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - The one I didn't want to lose but out of contract soon I couldn't refuse £2.7m from Prem side Wigan.

David McGoldrick - A victim of me changing from two upfront to one. £250k bid from derby was enough for me to sell the forward on £13k pw.

Scott Loach - 27 year old keeper lost his place through injury and then a £900k bid from Wigan was enough to get another high earner out.

Jack Marriott - Young forward left for Cork City for £90k. 12 games on loan at AFC Wimbledon and Torquay scoring 6 earnt his move.

Players In:

Jan Mucha - Experienced keeper joins until July as back up keeper. 33 year old has played 22 Prem games for Everton in last three seasons conceding 22 times.

Anthony O'Connor - 23 year old right back comes from Blackburn for £40k. Enjoyed four good loan spells away at Bradford, Preston, Rotherham and Burton.

Tom Phipp - 23 year old impressed in three reserve games so I gave Ebbsfleet £65k for the winger. Big jump from the BSBS though.

Wesley Foderingham - £775k signing joins from Aston Villa. 38 Premier League games conceding 49 goals under his belt. New number 1.

James Tarkowski - Another poached from League One, this time Oldham. 3rd choice CB the 23 year old will be a bargain at £250k.

Three loanee have joined also. Two come from Newcastle, Mick Curtis a full back and returning to Ipswich Shane Ferguson. Finally Leigh Griffiths from Wolves comes until June.

In July we have agreed a £150k deal for Manchester City midfielder Perry Maguire. 19 year old is currently at Gillingham on loan and impressing in League One.

Current bank balance sits at £12,659,707 with our wage spend at £132,872 pw. (£45,300 under budget)

Only Peterborough (£5.92m), Bristol City (£5.66m), Bournemouth (£5.06m) and Tranmere (£4.91m) have lower wages than us (£6.9m).

The top payers are West Ham (£25.94m), Southampton (£25.24m) and Blackburn (£21.48m)

Ipswich Town

Championship

End of Season 2015/16

Table:

may16-table_zpsdea0d8dc.png

A solid mid table finish giving Ipswich the best league position since 2010/11 season.

Transfers 2016/17

summer16-transfers_zps9cd9337d.png

Final Table 2016/17

may17-table_zps25835435.png

What a season! Play-off place against Middlesbrough coming up and fantastic to finish 5th. NO!!!

To start we had the longest unbeaten run at the start of the season, not losing a league game until Oct 18th. Goals were a problem and the free signing of Victor Anichebe brought a record equalling run of nine straight wins between 29/10 and 10/12. That followed a typical run of no wins until 4/3. After beating Tranmere in December we only won 4 of the final 21 league games.

Now for the Play-Offs....

Play-Off Semi Final First Leg:

may17-po1_zpsd30cc840.png

Slim first leg lead to defend.

Huddersfield and Sheff Wed drew 0-0 in the other semi final.

Play-Off Semi Final Second Leg:

may17-po2_zps05c42cc2.png

What a second leg that was. 2-0 down, level, needing a goal in extra time and then the drama of penalties!!

In the final we will face Huddersfield. After a 1-1 draw this too was settled in a penalty shoot out Huddersfield winning 5-4.

[TABLE=width: 409]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Play-Off Final 2016/17

Ipswich Town v Huddersfield Town

Season Record:

Ipswich - Finished 5th with 74 points

Huddersfield - Finished 6th with 73 points.

Head to Head 2016/17-

1/11/16 - Huddersfield 1 (Davies 50, Davies missed pen 4) Ipswich 3 (Lamb 45, Chambers 75, Anichebe 90)

1/4/16 - Ipswich 2 (Griffiths 45, 48) Huddersfield 1 (Maguire 89)

Past Meetings since 2012

Played 6

Ipswich won 6

Huddersfield won 0

Drew 0

The Teams

[TABLE=width: 543]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Ipswich Town[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Huddersfield Town[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]gk[/TD]

[TD]Wes FODERINGHAM[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Joe LEWIS[/TD]

[TD]gk[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]dr[/TD]

[TD]Matt DOHERTY[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Kieron FREEMAN[/TD]

[TD]dr[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]dl[/TD]

[TD]Aiden LAMB[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Marcos PAINTER[/TD]

[TD]dl[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]dc[/TD]

[TD]Luke CHAMBERS[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Murray WALLACE[/TD]

[TD]dc[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]dc[/TD]

[TD]John EGAN[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Anthony GERRARD[/TD]

[TD]dc[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]dmc[/TD]

[TD]Josh FALKINGHAM[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Chris MAGUIRE[/TD]

[TD]mr[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]mc[/TD]

[TD]Oliver NORWOOD[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Danny WARD[/TD]

[TD]ml[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]mc[/TD]

[TD]Anthony WORDSWORTH[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]George SAVILLE[/TD]

[TD]mc[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Prince BUABEN[/TD]

[TD]mc[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]amr[/TD]

[TD]Larnell COLE[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]aml[/TD]

[TD]Tim PORTER[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Nakhi WELLS[/TD]

[TD]s[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]s[/TD]

[TD]Victor ANICHEBE[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Craig DAVIES[/TD]

[TD]s[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]s1[/TD]

[TD]Kurt MCCARTHY[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Steve BUTLER[/TD]

[TD]s1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]s2[/TD]

[TD]Kevin LONG[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Matt RICHARDS[/TD]

[TD]s2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]s3[/TD]

[TD]Paul DUMMETT[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Alex-John BAPTISTE[/TD]

[TD]s3[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]s4[/TD]

[TD]Perry Maguire[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Ben HOLMES[/TD]

[TD]s4[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]s5[/TD]

[TD]Jimmy RYAN[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Ryan HALL[/TD]

[TD]s5[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]s6[/TD]

[TD]Michael Heldt[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Mark KELSEY[/TD]

[TD]s6[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]s7[/TD]

[TD]Luke FREEMAN[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Billy BINGHAM[/TD]

[TD]s7

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

may17-pof_zpsd3a34d31.png

WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!

(not so desperate now, Nobby :cool:)

Nice one! Fantasic job getting Ipswich promoted. You squeezed through the play-offs at Middlesbrough, but looked comfortable in the final.

Good luck next year, you have a good record surviving relegation, right? :D

If you read from Post 43 I have a great survival record . . . . .

Yesssss!!!!!!!!! :D

yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ipswich Town

Premier League

Pre-Season Summer 2017

Players In:

june17-in_zpse870e6eb.png

The Squad

Goalkeepers

Wesley Foderingham

A £775k signing from Aston Villa in Feb 2016. Previous Premier League experience with Villa.

Jan Mucha

Back for a second spell here after playing just three times in the 2015/16 season. Reliable back up.

Right Backs

Matt Doherty

Signed two years ago on a free the 25 year old has provided great cover. yet to score in 49 league games for Ipswich.

James Tavernier

First choice right back joined from Cardiff 12 months ago for £60k. Averaged 7.22 in his 32 Championship games last year.

Left Backs

Aiden Lamb

Expensive signing a year ago from Crewe costing £3.3m. Performed well last year and can play both full back positions. Capped 6 times at England U-21 level.

Paul Dummett

Another of last summer signings stepping up from League One Oldham. Able back up to Lamb when needed.

Centre Backs

Kevin Long

Failed to settle at his prevoious clubs I spent £240k and got a steal. 26 league games last year with an average rating of 7.37 and six MotM awards. Played in the Premier League with Charlton in 2014/15.

Jack O'Connell

One of my new signings the 23 year old is very much 4th choice CB. Two good loan spells at Tranmere and Cardiff at Championship level in his past.

Luke Chambers

One of the higher earners, captain and my first name on the team sheet. Been at the club 5 years making 204 league appearances.

John Egan

Surprisingly became a main player last season after moving from Wrexham. Big step up from League Two to Premier League but will start the season alongside Chambers.

Defensive Midfielders

Josh Falkingham

One of my first buys at £1.1m from Preston. Lost his place to Leon Britton last year but has learnt from him. Need to be on top form if we are to stay up.

Perry Maguire

Youngster ended the season at Swindon following Brittons transfer and played well. Good back up to JF

Centre Midfielders

Ash Taylor

Summer signing from Southampton where a £3.5m move didn't work out. Will start 4th choice here though.

Anthony Wordsworth

7 goals from CM last season has three times been close to leaving the club. Just cant part with him.

Jimmy Ryan

Another of my first buys and another from Crewe. Not considered a regular but started 28 times last season.

Oliver Norwood

Said I would build a squad around him and I have. 69 league games, 11 goals, 13 assists and an average rating of 7.20. Vice captain.

Attacking Midfielder Right

Larnell Cole

£275k buy from Man Utd became a huge player last season. Missed just one game last year and 16 assists to boot.

Michael Heldt

Widely unknown youngster made just one sub apps after leaving Dortmund. Biggest risk in my squad.

Attacking Midfielder Left

Maarten Martens

Free signing from AZ. At 33 his best years are probably gone but can do a job Im sure.

Kim Bo-Kyung

Loan signing from Cardiff has struggled with injuries over last two years. Decent pre-season though.

Forwards

Stephane Guillerme

Biggest summer buy from OM has had loan spells in the Premier League with Norwich and Wigan. Hit 36 goals for OM Reserves last year.

Victor Anichebe

Free signing in November 2016 his 16 goals in 19 games were the main reason we are a Premier League club now.

Leigh Griffiths

Didn't score as many as I would have liked but more than useful coming off the bench.

Pre Season Results

june17-games_zps4e93ab9e.png

Had better summers but the squad in fit and ready for Stoke away.

Ipswich Town

Premier League and League Cup 2nd Round

August 20117/18

Results:

aug17-resutls_zps3d586071.png

Not the best of starts overall. Two down after 14 mins at Stoke and we were killed off with two more in the final five minutes as we chased the game. One up at the break against Aston Villa but quickly found ourselves 2-1 down as the second half started.

The League Cup brought a trip to Championship leaders Leeds who at the time had won 4 from 4 without conceding. They were blew away by Leigh Griffiths as I made eleven changes from the Villa draw. That said we only had 5 shots, scoring all and ended with just 37% possession. We face Burnley at Portman Road in the next round who beat Bristol City with a 119th minute goal from Leonardo Ulloa.

Table:

aug17-table_zpse0a0d8ea.png

Ipswich Town

Premier League and League Cup 3rd Round

September 2017/18

Results:

sep17-results_zps6ff44ca3.png

A late goal conceded at Hull cost us the chance of three vital points. Awful at home to the then bottom Southampton finding us two down again within the opening 15 mins. Really didn't expect much from Spurs and Chelsea game and so it was proved.

Our League Cup run continues as once again a mainly second string did the trick.

Table:

sep17-table_zpsf1c54b41.png

Ipswich Town

Premier League and League Cup 4th Round

October 2017/18

Results:

oct17-results_zps3725114b.png

Our run of games against the top sides continued as did our losing run. A change of formation really failed at Manchester City. Given the result in sure you (Nobby) think I played a 1-1-8 formation!! Rode our luck hugely at home to QPR but its about time things went our way.

All action tie against Southampton, 3-1 up to find ourselves pegged back to 3-3. A late long range winner from Bo-Kyung puts us through though.

Table:

oct17-table_zps84c69e76.png

Ipswich Town

Premier League

November 2017/18

Results:

nov17-results_zpse70e9297.png

Normal service is resumed. A woeful month topped with five injuries to my first choice eleven. Two jobs have come up this month at Aston Villa and Everton. Although I have not applied this has got me thinking about my future. Having rejected a new three year deal in the summer I am out of contract at the end of the season. So I have decided I will leave Ipswich if im not sacked before then. Considering adding some leagues but have not done this on FM13. Any advice?

Table:

nov17-table_zpse3880d0d.png

Tough luck Kris; the jump from Championship to Premier League is always a tough one. Looks as though the defence just couldn't cope. Presumably you're holding out for a Championship club at least?

That was the hope. Through to August and nothing around accept the surprising offer from Belgium to manage the National team. I also think its the end of the road for Ipswich, Roy Keane is back in charge!!

|Season  | Club              | Division       | Position | Notes                                                                     | 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|2012/13 | Hartlepool United | League One     | 23rd     | Took over in February with club bottom, 14 points from safety             |
|2013/14 | Hartlepool United | League Two     | 1st      | Won the title with 81 points. RESIGNED due to budget cuts                 |
|2014/15 | Notts County      | League One     | 21st     | Took over in November with club 23rd. Relegated by a single point. SACKED |
|2015/16 | Ipswich Town      | Championship   | 13th     |                                                                           |
|2016/17 | Ipswich Town      | Championship   | 5th      | Play-Off winners beating Huddersfield in the final                        |
|2017/18 | Ipswich Town      | Premier League | ----     | RESIGNED with the club bottom, winning just 1 of 19 league games          |

Archived