The Npower Leagues thread - sponsored by British Gas.

Plainlayzee

Fair enough Jogo! Exactly! I'd rather he wasn't playing at the moment anyway, Ozil, Ramsey, Rosicky, Arteta and Flamini for me.

We're plugging away, seem to settle towards the end of the month after going behind a few times at the start of October.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

November Update 2013/2014

Connor Brown signed a new deal at the club. The young right back had done well filling in for Matt Doherty and his fine form was rewarded.

League One

Bury 0-2 Oldham

Smith (2)

Smith grabbed two goals that were almost identical to give us a perfect start to the month over lowly Bury. Again injury dampened things with Belezika out for 12 days.

Oldham 0-1 Leyton Orient

Our first defeat in 16 games came against an in form Leyton Orient. Missing some 4 players due to international duty, plus injuries to other key men, we struggled and couldn't claw back a first half goal.

Bournemouth 2-2 Oldham

Croft (2)

It would be interesting to see how we picked ourselves up in this game and the signs weren't good as we went 2 goals down. But Croft scored twice to level the match and earn our side a point despite having Bergkamp in goal for the final minutes after I made all my changes and Bouzanis took a knock. After the match we received some bad news in that Furman would be out for 12 days and that Deen-Conteh got injured on international duty and will miss 3 weeks.

Oldham 1-0 Scunthorpe

Byrne

We got back to winning ways with an impressive display against Scunthorpe. 66% possession and 21 shots, Byrne found the one that would give us the points in the 13th minute, following up after Bergkamps shot was saved.

Coventry 0-1 Oldham

Bergkamp

Another deserved victory as substitute Bergkamp smashed home from the edge of the box on 80 minutes to end the month on a high!

FA Cup

Oldham 6-2 Hyde (First Round)

Henshall, Bergkamp (3), Byrne, Baxter

Things got off to a good start when Henshall scored from close range. Bergkamp then added 2 more before Byrne scored on his comeback. Bergkamp completed his hat trick on 41 minutes to send us in 5-0 at the break. Some sloppy play saw us concede 2 goals before Baxter finished off the scoring in injury time.

November ended with us top of the league by 4 points, Brentford the team in second. M'Voto is top of the average rating league for the division with an average of 7.91 over 12 games played.

Brilliant stuff Gunner, and it seems that Bergkamp is becoming your main man and replacing Barnard's goals. Bad luck that you are racking up as many injuries as points, but good that the youngsters are not letting you down. It would be a fantastic achievement if you can earn promotion, and even a play-off spot would be a very fine effort.

Coventry, May 2018 update

Coventry 4-1 Blackburn (Atassi 5 & 19, Keane 55, Plet 86)

This was a fantastic performance by the team, and in particular Omar Abdulrahman. Although he was only awarded two assists officially, my young Arab star was actually responsible for all four goal creations. The first three (from corner, free-kick and corner respectively), were all converted by central defenders - either directly or from rebounds - and the last was tucked home from close range by Plet after a cross from the midfielder. Rovers return after 72 minutes never threatened to ruin our day

Coventry 0-0 Fulham

This was a much better game than the scoreline reflects, but we couldn't finish off the good work to claim a win. Fulham also played their part in making it a decent contest

Everton 1-1 Coventry

Our last match of the season was yet another draw, but after going a goal behind courtesy of Andy Carroll after just three minutes, we were unlucky not to win. Despite having plenty more shots than the hosts, and many more on target, it took a second half penalty from Finnbogason to rescue a point. This draw extended our unbeaten league run to 11 games, although only three of those had been victories

A short month, but we achieved my targets of remaining unbeaten and with a positive goal difference. The final table is below, demonstrating our 7th place finish - a fantastic achievement in a mammoth 60-game season. I was taken by surprise to learn after the Everton result that we had grabbed the last Europa League spot (Spurs had already claimed their place by way of a 1-0 win over Real Madrid in the Final of the same competition).

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages-3_zps0c74512c.png

Cheers Jogo! January is on the horizon so I'm starting to look towards players that a) are going to improve on what I've already got and b) I can afford! We already have young Irish winger Anto Breen joining but I think the plan for him is to go straight out on loan first of all. And I also have an offer in place for an experienced former England international (9 caps, 1 goal) but he's wanted by numerous clubs, all of higher rep than me so I'll not get my hopes up and you'll soon find out who this player is.

Congratulations on another top season there! What's your plans now?

Maybe the board will give you something as you have performed above expectations. Otherwise, is it low-wage freebies and non-contributory loans again? Have a look in Coventry and see if there are any reserves that tempt you. I could advise any that did well under me.

I'm thinking I might take a break. Pre-season always seems such a big effort and only when it's finished would I know whether I should continue. I will see how today goes and decide what to do.

Are you joking? They're a joke! Although they have increased the funds available from any transfer outgoings from 5% to 20%, I don't really want to sell the players that would generate funds (M'Voto, Baxter, Furman etc) Still hoping someone signs Micah Richards so we get a windfall from that deal! I did have a look and took an interest in Steve Jennings but won't be pursing that one.

Well let us know what you plan on doing. I'd carry on personally seeing as we're so close to the FM14 arrival now, I wouldn't get into another game properly.

Haha, that's tough. Not worth selling your stars when it's going so well. I was thinking more of Coventry youngsters. Also, it maybe worth checking out the leagues that end in our winter, some players may be out of contract in December. A search filter with contracts to end within 1/3/6 months might unearth a gem? That may be how you found your Irish winger anyway, I guess.

You might be right, but I probably won't play the beta or demo although I pre-ordered, and I'm not sure when I will be able to activate the new game due to internet speed issues. I'll always pop in for comments even if I do put it on hold - I wouldn't want you talking to yourself :lol:

I'll have a look and see if there's any available and let you know for your opinion. Yeah, I send my scouts out and about each month to different places, competitions etc. Although we're very limited and can only scout UK & Ireland. And you're right, this is how I managed to pick up Jake Gray and Anto Breen, both very exciting prospects.

Fair enough. I don't normally play those either, for some reason I always have a good save going when they release the new one, frustrating! I just end up purchasing the new one the day it comes out from Asda or Tesco, always got it in stock and for normally cheaper than a lot of places!

December Update 2013/2014

11th December 2013

Former England international Danny Murphy agreed to join the club on a short term deal to the end of the season. Blackpool, Inverness, Kilmarnock and Motherwell all wanted him but he's put pen to paper with the Latics. He adds some much needed experience to the squad and will join on 01.01.2014.

24th December 2013

Central midfielder James Wesolowski put pen to paper on a new deal with the club following his fine displays recently.

31st December 2013

Player/goalkeeping coach Paul Gerrard signed a new deal with the club. He's yet to feature and probably won't ever but he's a good goalkeeping coach and adds experience to the squad. James Tarkowski also agreed a new one year deal at the club. The young central defender as featured more frequently this term, playing 18 times with an average rating of 7.23.

League One

Oldham 3-1 Doncaster

Byrne, Dalla Valle, Croft

We finished our chances to grab the three points in this encounter. Bryne poked home after escaping attention at the back post from a Croft freekick. Croft then set Dalla Valle free on 59 minutes to slot home. Baxter hit the bar from a freekick with Croft following up to roll into a empty net for 3. Doncaster scored in stoppage time which disappointed me as I wanted a clean sheet, almost the perfect performance.

Oldham 2-1 Rotherham

Montano, Wesolowski

Wesolowski ran the show in midfield. We went one goal down before firstly Weso crossed for Montano to head home before he slammed home a half volley to give us victory. This victory took the unbeaten run to five games.

Oldham 1-1 Crystal Palace

Croft

In the promotion chasing clash we couldn't afford to lose this and we fell behind after 30 minutes. Croft equalised pretty much straight away, robbing the Palace defender to smash home. Bad news on the injury front again with Wesolowski out for 4 weeks and Croft out for 12 days.

Fleetwood 0-0 Oldham

Tired legs and injuries dominated the team selection for this match just two days after the Palace fixture. Another game undefeated though taking the tally to 7.

FA Cup

Oldham 1-1 York (Second Round)

M'Voto

A disappointing draw and it now means the added fixture of the replay. M'Voto poked home from a corner but we never looked commanding and conceded from a freekick.

York 2-0 Oldham (Second Round Replay)

A disappointing display where we failed to get a shot on target. After the match we also got news that Connor Brown would be out for 4 months.

So Christmas came and went and we happily sat top of the tree after 26 games. We're level on points with second but remain a game in hand on teams down to fifth (who are 9 points behind). M'Voto still remains the most consistent performer in the league with an average of 7.87 whilst Lee Croft is second for assists with 9. I again missed out on the MOTM award, coming in third on this occasion.

Excellent stuff Gunner, getting to the January window in such a healthy position. I see that you have re-signed most of your better players, which is just as important sometimes as new buys. Having said that, good luck in the winter sales - if you can do some good bargain hunting now, you should be in with a great shout :brock:

I'm happy with the squad but could just do with some back up to Croft and Baxter really! Excited about Murphy, even if he's only here short term (not sure he will stay the year after as he's getting on at 36) Cheers Jogo!

I was only looking for cover in central midfield really but Murphy was too good to turn down. Proving difficult to find good enough youngsters that I can sign for free or loan in first for attacking right wing and attacking midfield though!

January Update 2013/2014

1st January 2014

We finally saw the arrival of both Danny Murphy & Anto Breen having previously agreed deals for the pair. Breen will sent out on loan as he's not yet ready for the first team, whilst Murphy will compete in central midfield for a starting spot.

13th January 2014

I had been looking for another attacking midfielder and my attentions turned to Manchester United's Italian youngster Davide Petrucci. He signs on a no contribution loan until the end of the season and will provide Baxter with competition.

League One

Bristol City 1-1 Oldham

Dalla Valle

We started the year with a promotion chasing clash away to Bristol City and a battling performance saw us come back from behind as Dalla Valle volleyed home Henshall's cross.

Oldham 3-1 Preston

Baxter, Smith, Tarkowski

A deserved victory in our game in hand. Baxter followed up his own shot to score from the tightest of angles to give us the lead. Preston were awarded an early second half penalty which Bouzanis pushed onto the post, only to see it hit him on the back and go in. We pushed on though and confusion in the PNE defence left Smith an open goal before Tarkowski struck home from a corner. Another game unbeaten taking it to 9 in total.

Crewe 2-0 Oldham

An extremely disappointing performance saw us lose our first game in 10. We also suffered another injury blow with Bergkamp out for 12 days.

Port Vale 0-1 Oldham

Montano

A poor game was settled by a special 20 yard Montano strike and it was good to see that we once again bounced back from defeat.

Oldham 2-1 Notts Co

Croft, Dalla Valle

Croft got us off to flyer after just 8 minutes. Baxter had the chance to make it 2-0 but his penalty was saved and then County got the equaliser. Dalla Valle's powerful second half header sealed the victory.

Oldham 1-3 Stevenage

Dalla Valle

Things went from bad to worse as we lost Bergkamp to injury just 30 seconds in, we then found ourselves 3 down by half time. Dalla Valle gave us a glimmer of Hope but we couldn't fight back. Bergkamp will also face 2 weeks out.

So a poor end to the month but we still sit top by 3 points after 32 games.

What a read gents, to see how the thread started and how yous have kept it going has been a great read. Good to see Jogostill putting out the quality updates, we used to chat back in an older PSG thread.

What are the guidelines for posting in the thread, I'm rather late to the party but it been such a good read I feel inspired to join and try and contribute.

What a read gents, to see how the thread started and how yous have kept it going has been a great read. Good to see Jogostill putting out the quality updates, we used to chat back in an older PSG thread.

What are the guidelines for posting in the thread, I'm rather late to the party but it been such a good read I feel inspired to join and try and contribute.

Just make it up as you go along mate! As long as you started your save with an Npower League team then join the fun! This has to be one of the best threads around :-)

Thanks man, it really is the only thing I check the forums for at the moment.

In actually just going to start one this evening, sort of a fun save to tide me over untill FM14 lands and I'm already planning to get involved in 14's version of the thread from the get go.

Haven't picked a team yet, I'm contemplating Wolves, Sheff Utd or Bradford. If anyone wants to suggest someone else that'd be a fun challenge then feel free. I fancy a project game with an NPower side next version long term.

Welcome (back) Hoarau and thanks for the kind words. Your contributions in the PSG thread were brilliant so you're a great addition to our small group of saddos here :lol: You may be like me, in never checking them, but I sent you a PM some time back actually.

As for a team to go with, well, so many choices. Personally, I'd say starting in the second tier may not give you the longest challenge - it depends how quickly you want to be playing in the PL? I think in FM14, both Wolves & Sheff Utd could be great options.

As for FM13, starting the Bradford 'rise' may be a good shout - massive fanbase etc in L2. I had a few seasons at Gillingham 'before PSG' and got them up to the PL. I don't know if it still happens, but I was able to cash-in some clauses from Ryan Bertrand's move and started with £700k in L2. At the harder end, plenty of clubs, like Plymouth for example if you want it tough!

In L1, there is Preston (fallen giant, about £300k), Crewe (HG & youth traditions, about £300k), Bournemouth (great starting squad, about £150k) and as you have seen here, the likes of Yeovil, Oldham and Coventry where finances are difficult.

The Championship would be good if you want PL football quicker - there are great starting squads and potential at the likes Leicester, Forest, Brighton - or try a harder test with somebody like Derby. Even Burnley have a good squad if you start with Austin. I haven't tried a save at this level in FM13 as I prefer 'needing' a few promotions to keep me motivated.

It really depends how difficult you want to make it, and what philosophies you may wish to include. Good luck anyway, and it will be nice to have you on board here and in FM14!

Thanks also Jogo, I had some really good back and forth chat in that PSG thread, hope for the same here. As for PM's I rarely if ever check them ill certainly go and do that just now though.

I actually quite like the look of Coventry, you say they seem to find themself in a bit of a mess? What league do they play in? I do fancy a bit of a slog, don't just want a clear run to the Premier League..

No worries, PM's don't seem to flag up when they arrive - and it was nothing important anyway!

Coventry start in L1,with no transfer kitty but high board expectations and media prediction. They have massive loans of £500k p/m for the first 12-18 months, so it's a balancing act of getting a team to perform whilst trying to create funds to survive. But you start off with lots of good HG talents, and in this version the fanbase and stadium offers 'potential'.

In FM14, it will be much harder. I don't know how the worse finances and 'no stadium' will work in the new version but you'll have a worse squad to start with, and would begin on -10 points due to administration. If you do pick them now, it may give you some purpose for trying the tougher FM14 game with them (I will).

Edit: Gunner, that was not the roll I was looking for you to have!!

February Update 2013/2014

1st February 2014

M'Voto came third in the Player of the Month award for January.

18th February 2014

Having just returned from a serious injury, Jake Gray put pen to paper on a new deal with the club. Despite not scoring so far, his overall contribution has been pretty good and there's plenty of time for him to get better.

25th February 2014

Five Oldham players receive international call ups. Deen-Conteh (Sierra Leone), Dalla Valle (Finland), Gray (Wales), M'Changama (Comoros) and Archer (Scotland Under 21's). Interestingly this is Jake Gray's first call up to the main Wales squad despite missing the last 4 months injured.

League One

Swindon 4-0 Oldham

An extremely disappointing start to the month. We had more shots, we had more possession, we had a goal ruled out early on when it should have stood, Dalla Valle got sent off, everything that could go wrong, did.

Colchester 1-2 Oldham

Bergkamp, Montano

We tasted our first back to back defeats in previous games and so I was unsure what to expect in this fixture. Bergkamp gave us the lead after a swift Petrucci lead counter attack. Things were going fine until a deflected shot gave what looked like a point to Colchester on 85 minutes. But after some head tennis, Montano smashed home on the 90th minute to give us a much needed victory.

Oldham 1-0 Bradford

M'Voto

A solid display settled by a powerful M'Voto header from a Croft corner.[/b]

So after a disappointing start to the month we dug in and played well, especially against Bradford to seal back to back wins. Those wins saw us go 6 points clear of second place Bournemouth. 35 games have been played and come the end of March we will have a real idea of where we're going to be playing our football next season. The positives is so far, unlike last season we have not really had a bad run of form and our squad is holding together well with Murphy and Petrucci injecting creativity to the middle.

Great stuff Gunner, back on track after that unlucky Swindon defeat. You're well set now, and not long to go. Nice update mate.

Hoarau, now that's not fair! I've done six seasons at CCFC and never got such a good picture up. You've outdone me already - and you haven't even started yet haha. Best of luck with it, and if you need any input on any of the squad I will be happy to oblige.

Yeah i have Pro's updated database. I'll give this a go untill FM14 since it's not a long term thing, hope when i restart on '14 i have to work a bit harder.

Looking forward to this though, any suggestions? Since you've been at Coventry forso long and doing very well?

Ah, ok, your starting squad will be quite different to mine then. I guess that it doesn't upgrade the attributes of the existing players?

I'd say you can use Christie, Thomas, Moussa, Fleck, Jordan & Leon Clarke, Daniels, Adams. Not quite sure who else you have there because of the update. Wilson wasn't rated very well in the last official patch, although should be good in FM14. Perhaps you can put your squad up or write it out?

You're right there Mr Layzee. Your thread has moved in to a different class now!

I'm looking forward to the next instalment of 'Rich Coventry' and continued good banter.

I've parked mine up for a while as it's not carrying the same appeal of a FL club now that we are established in the PL and in European competition (well, second rate Europa League action). I may well pick it up and do season 7, but might just have some one-season play as some other teams (maybe Burnley/Brighton) until I do some proper FM14 saves in L1/L2 and below. I'm still going to be in here, don't worry about that.

Ha! Well I don't know about "proper", some might say my updates are more filler than content! ;) Some of the text heavy updates you gents have done has been the reason I'm starting this adventure in preparation for the long slog in FM14.

Jogo - Looking at the squad I highly doubt any stat adjustments have been made.. Unless it was a decrease. There's maybe 4 first teamers I like the look of, Webster - Fleck - McSheffrey - Clarke and a couple of decent young lads. I had an absoultly atrocious pre-season which ended with my first game off the season getting put out the cup by Crawley! On penalties! Not what I had in mind..

This new chairman has helped by investing so I put all the transfer budget into the wages to give us a cushin and bring in a couple of free transfers, ill do a "proper" update tonight if I can get the window done.

First two leagues where much more promising, started with a toughy away to Wolves which we played well but lost 3-2. This was followed by a convincing 3-0 against a team who's name escapes me. As I say ill do something more in depth this evening hopefully.

Nice one mate. I didn't have Webster in my save, but probably had more squad depth than you do as the 2013/2014 actual squad is much worse than the 2012/2013 FM squad.

For realism, McSheffrey departed a while back. He was one of the 'bomb squad' as they called it, e.g. first team player on wages they could not sustain. He now plays at Chesterfield. When I said 'rich' it seems like more of a bail-out takeover, so should be a good challenge if you're working in the loan and free transfer market. I had a takeover in season 1 or 2 and all my new owner did was take out a 25-year loan immediately!

A mixed start there, but plenty of goals in those first two league games, which makes it realistic at least. Very much looking forward to your updates (written and photos) and learning about your new squad.

Good to see we have some 'proper' Coventry updated now, with pictures and all sorts ! This thread has come a long way since the old 'black & white' days of me and you talking to no one but ourselves ey Jogo!!

*Cough cough* Check page one. ;)

I hope we get this thread for fm14! Unfortunately i've lost a bit of interest in FM13 with FIFA now out and the ammount of game time i've had, but thanks to this thread i'll definitely be challenging myself in the lower leagues a lot more

Apologies Gunner, I forgot about your old Colchester save, completed WITH pictures....Maybe it was just be who never bothered :p.

Haha, I don't bother anymore as I normally post from my iPad!

I hope we get this thread for fm14! Unfortunately i've lost a bit of interest in FM13 with FIFA now out and the amount of game time i've had, but thanks to this thread i'll definitely be challenging myself in the lower leagues a lot more

Glad to hear it!

To be fair to you, Gunner, you have had more FL72 clubs than the rest of us put together :lol: and it's also true that you posted here before I even started my Cov save. Your reputation is fully restored :cool:

No worries smplfc123, it won't be long before Mr Layzee creates the FM14 thread and we all pile in again. I think most people have cut down alot on FM13 recently, but all these threads will soon be bursting open again.

March Update 2013/2014

11th March 2014

We finally managed to tie down Lee Croft for another year after numerous attempts, although it didn't, thankfully go down to the final day of his contract like last season. Croft has been a key player, playing 30 times, scoring 5 goals and assisting 15 with an average rating of 7.15.

League One

Walsall 0-1 Oldham

Furman

An early Dean Furman goal gave us victory in a game we never looked like losing. This victory also took us past our point tally of last season in which we finished 7th.

Oldham 1-0 MK Dons

M'Voto

Another dominant display. Strong at the back and maybe a little too friendly up top, but Ill happily take the win as M'Voto headed home a Croft corner.

Blackpool 1-2 Oldham

Gray, Bergkamp

Jake Gray scored his first goal for the club as we came from behind to beat Blackpool. Bergkamp slotted home the winner on 80 minutes. This win also made it 5 in a row in League One and we have definitely hit form at the right time.

Oldham 1-0 Crawley

Murphy

This game saw me take charge of my 100th match and it wasn't a pretty one but a win all the same. Neither side created anything of note until Grounds was brought down in the box and the referee pointed to the spot. So 90 minutes were up, who better than Danny Murphy to step up and slot home his first goal for the club. It wasn't all good news though, Petrucci picked up a knock and will 3 weeks out.

Brentford 2-0 Oldham

A promotion chasing clash and we were easily beaten. This defeat also ended our 7 game unbeaten streak.

Leyton Orient 1-2 Oldham

M'Voto, Montano

We responded to the Brentford defeat with a comfortable win. M'Voto poked home before Montano scored a beautiful volley to make 2-0 in 18 minutes. Orient did pull one back 5 minutes later but we comfortably saw it through. And with this victory came promotion!

So promotion came after 41 games and we currently have a 15 point gap over second in the quest for the League One title. It's been a fantastic year, especially after having such a drop in budget in the summer and only having 14 players in the squad at the start of July. April will come and we will search for the point that will land us the League One title..

I'm extremely guilty of filing my updates up with Images & screenshots which Jogo will attest too.. Ill try and limit it the best I can so that this thread & the '14 version keeps up the standard!

On my way home to crack on, Joe Murphy is a nightmare between the sticks so hoping I can draft in a stop-gap No#1 for the season.

**EDIT**

Great season and good luck clinching that title Gunner

Great month Gunner! Really just one point needed for the title? Wow! That's a really great season indeed.

Hoarau, I can only speak for myself but I like pictures, images and screenshots as much as text. Crack on and don't worry about it at all. As long as you keep teaching me how to do stuff - your next task will be to help me with a skin like that!

Hoarau; pictures are good! Breaks all the text up too then, I post from my iPad so I can play and post without having to jump about on my Mac, hence no photos. I mean, as long as they completely take over the place, 1 or 2 here and there won't hurt at all!

Jogo; 41 games and a 15 point gap. So yeah, one point! :D

April Update 2013/2014

1st April 2014

M'Voto named Player of the Month for March in League One.

Montano came 3rd in the Goal of the Month for March following his stunning volleyed effort in the Leyton Orient match.

And having won 5 out of 6, I was named Manager of the Month for March.

League One

Oldham 3-1 Bury

OG, M'Voto, Murphy

Things got off to a good start when Bury headed into their own net. A brief 15 minute spell in the second half sealed the win, M'Voto scored from 6 yards before Murphy did the same following a counter attack. Bury pulled one back but never threatened after. And with that.. OLDHAM ATHLETIC WIN THE NPOWER LEAGUE ONE! Despite the joy, we lost fullback Doherty to an hip injury and he will now be out of action for 6 months.

Oldham 1-2 Bournemouth

Montano

So we couldn't celebrate in style but these games mean nothing now as second place Bournemouth deservedly defeated us. Winchester, a reserve player stepping in for the injured Doherty, also picked up an injury and will face 6 weeks out. That right back spot is cursed!

Scunthorpe 1-3 Oldham

Montano (2), Dalla Valle

We fell behind but stormed back to claim victory. Montano scored twice before getting injured. Dalla Valle scored following a lovely cushioned header down to him by Petrucci.

Doncaster 2-0 Oldham

Tired legs and we suffered as just two days after the Scunthorpe game we stalled to a disappointing defeat.

Oldham 0-1 Coventry

Our final League One game ended in defeat as we really did let standards slip after we gained the title.

So the end of April saw the league season draw to a close. We had done extremely well and finished champions of League One on 91 points, which was 20 more points than we managed the season previous when we finished 7th. Was also pleasing to see us come 12 points infront of our nearest challenges in Swindon Town. 27 victories, 10 draws and 9 defeats with a +22 goal difference.

The focus now switches to the building of a squad capable of performing well in the division above. A couple of stats that show how strict the board are on finances; we was ranked 19th in the league for wages per annum (Blackpool spend 7 times as much!) We also had the joint lowest spend in the division at zero.

Congratulations there Gunner, a few up and down results in the last month but that's not a problem if you can win the league by such a big margin. Now that must feel a bit like your old Col U save now?!? Don't drink too much champers and good luck with the massive task of assembling a squad for the Championship.

Yeah, we lost a couple of players and all the side we lost against were top 10 sides so not too much to worry about! Looking forwards to building a squad capable of competing in the league above but very worried about what the board will give me to spend!

Well This Should Be Interesting..

78zc.jpg

2gmf.jpg

After what can only be describe as a dismal pre-season, on the eve of our first competitive match of the season we get the rather unexpected news of a board takeover from a overseas consortium led by business tycoon Pimenta Machado. They cleared the debt within a day or so and restructured the payments due to the CVA taken out by the previous regime. In terms of transfer funds he gave us a surprising £3m which i immediatly invested into the wage budget to let us bring in a number of bodies without playing all the club transfer fees.

This is an overview of the bodies i brought in, ill share my vision on them below. :

TRANSFERS

uejn.jpg

No first off let me set the record straight, they are on all on short term 1 year deals and that is exactly what i wanted, these lads where brought in to pad oput a young and inexperienced squad. Passing on thier knowledge both through tutoring and there years on the field. The two CB's Bates & Hogg are actually pretty handy and could both earm themselves renewals should ther performances merit it of course..

I'm very light up front and it was a struggle to strengthen that area, Blake & Kuqi are decent for the levelm they move into smart positions and know where the goal is. Litmanen is still absoulte quality, his movement, vision and reading of the game is gonna be the ace up my sleeve this season is hope.

FIXTURES

j9gl.jpg

To be honest i was not hopeful going into the start of the league campagin, i was expecting a long drawn out struggle around mid table/relegation zone. The lads have performed admirably, there are some really good sides in this league, the likes of Wolves, Peterbrough & Sheff Utd all teams who could give us a spanking any time we meet i'm hoping we can become a frusration in this division while i form a solid base. I really don't think we'll get promoted and if im honest i really dont want it as i would be completely exposed, i think another year and some more restructuring will see the club in good stead.

Star Of The Season(So Far)

xw8i.jpg

OBJECTIVES

Solidaty. Structure. Style.

Archived