Creating Coaches

Makonnen

I am trying to create a handful (okay, a few handfuls) of coaches. If I start them unemployed, I can jigger the reputation numbers so some get hired, some don't, which is OK, but I had hoped to have them start with specific clubs and then track their careers.

The problem is that, so far in testing, I've found that

* If I start them as a COACH, most tend to just stay in that role at the same club for decades, with only a few moving on, and none of those moving to HEAD COACH (despite my setting that to 20 in their attributes in the editor). As a nice touch, many of the coaches are sent to qualification schools, which is somewhat interesting to watch.

* If I start them as an ASSISTANT COACH, again, they just hold that position forever _and_ none of them ever get sent to qualification schools.

Any advice on how to create someone in the editor who is a "rising star" in the coaching world--what attributes to set, what reputation levels work best, etc?

And, is there any way to give them the qualifications in the editor? I can't seem to find one.

Lastly, I will test over the weekend starting them as a NATIONAL TEAM COACH, and see how that works--my hope is the greater churn in those jobs will "recycle" them through coaching jobs more often. We'll see.

Archived